British Speedway Forum

16 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

At no point did I say Birmingham/Eastbourne were requested to field a NDL side in 2019 because they still had a good sized NDL league without them because Leicester entered a team.

Poole will not be required to field a NDL side because they didn’t run one in 2019 so it has no effect.

But for Kent/Plymouth it will be a condition of acceptance because if they step up then it would likely lead to the collapse of the NDL league .

For the same reason Leicester are running an NDL side in 2020 to keep the momentum of youth progress coming through the ranks & to keep the league alive with only 1 team less then 2019 who sadly closed (Stoke).

Are you sure Leicester are running in NDL? THINK you are jumping the gun a bit there, and cradley will not be running 

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

Len is very lucky to have Iwade on his doorstep to ease any potential fixture congestion. Kent ran two SDL meetings there in 2018.

He did and it was an excellent venture but it ran at a loss and sadly since those days the amount of air fence panels at Iwade has reduced to almost zero so i would be very surprised if NL fixtures were run there this season. Plus £5-8 more than enough for SDL but i cannot see people prepared to part with £15 for Iwades delights.  That said it is a very useful training facility and Kent as a County is very lucky to have the facilities.

1 hour ago, pitstop84 said:

Are you sure Leicester are running in NDL? THINK you are jumping the gun a bit there, and cradley will not be running 

Yes I am certain that Leicester are running NDL the team manager & promotor both said at the end of season presentation evening it had been a huge success on the track , it filled alot of blank dates & they looked forward to defending the title in 2020. 

4 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

He did and it was an excellent venture but it ran at a loss and sadly since those days the amount of air fence panels at Iwade has reduced to almost zero so i would be very surprised if NL fixtures were run there this season. Plus £5-8 more than enough for SDL but i cannot see people prepared to part with £15 for Iwades delights.  That said it is a very useful training facility and Kent as a County is very lucky to have the facilities.

That's a shame. Iwade's return as a licensed track was short lived. I noticed the lack of air fence panels when i attended one of the summer sixes events a few months ago.

Does anyone know if it is a fact that the Kent link to the Championship League will be decided today ? I had a phone call from a friend who 

usually knows such stuff, but he was only guessing. I think he said that the AGM was today, but he was not certain.  Must be someone on

this thread who knows a bit more.

The AGM is over 3 days , day one was yesterday and the first thing would be accepte Kent, Poole and Plymouth into the championship or not?

39 minutes ago, pitstop84 said:

The AGM is over 3 days , day one was yesterday and the first thing would be accepte Kent, Poole and Plymouth into the championship or not?

Unless things have changed, day one is usually attended by 2019 teams and involves going over the 2019 season, clearing up any matters outstanding and agreeing the share-out of any shared events.    Poole would attend as a PL team and Kent and Plymouth would not be included.

Day two (today) would normally involve business for 2020 and voting in any new teams.

I would think that any proposed 'new' team to a league would want to know the full rules and regs before committing!!

Welcome to champ guys. You been accepted 

• Like 1

Given Len Silver's reputation in his Rye House days I'm surprised we've had over 30 minutes since the announcement and his team hasn't been named yet! :D

• Like 2

On 11/12/2019 at 3:18 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

Well fingers crossed by the end of the week we will know if you are a well informed poster who has earnt some respect from others or just a nonsense talking (insert expletive here). I know what my opinion currently is but im happy for it to be changed.

I do hope your opinion of me has changed for the better. 

Kent accepted, Plymouth declined.

Kent will indicate their intention to run in both leagues at the NDL AGM, Which is what Rob Godfrey indicates in his section on the NDL .

Happy Kent at last are in a higher League.

With two home fixtures against Eastbourne and Poole.....crowds will be good.

Be also interesting to have fixtures against the Northern/Scottish teams.

Lets hope Kent build an exciting team to watch. :t:

1 minute ago, woofers said:

Which race night will Kent be using ? 

Looking like Wednesdays.

3 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

Looking like Wednesdays.

That would be good. For us Eastbourne supporters it would be weekend speedway at Arlington and mid week away to Kent and Poole.