British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, The Cheese said:

Given Len Silver's reputation in his Rye House days I'm surprised we've had over 30 minutes since the announcement and his team hasn't been named yet! :D

Tomorrow night is Kents end of season do, so maybe he is keeping it for then, difficult for him I no! :) 

Be great to see our 2 reserves in the champ be 2 of the 2019 NL side. And drew at #2 as well.

Looking at Lens 2nd tier history you can see a Kennett,King,Nicholls character coming in as captain.

I personally hope for an all british team, or as close as possible. I d rather have a mid table side of relsteble riders, then a winning team of riders with no affinity with the fans.

But exciting times, shame we lose Rowe at this level, maybe if he wants another season of NL we will keep him for another year there.

36 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

Be great to see our 2 reserves in the champ be 2 of the 2019 NL side. And drew at #2 as well.

Looking at Lens 2nd tier history you can see a Kennett,King,Nicholls character coming in as captain.

I personally hope for an all british team, or as close as possible. I d rather have a mid table side of relsteble riders, then a winning team of riders with no affinity with the fans.

But exciting times, shame we lose Rowe at this level, maybe if he wants another season of NL we will keep him for another year there.

Wouldn’t Drew be at reserve?           And to keep the Kent link going....return of Ben Morley!

Edited by blueherb777

Great news for Kent..hopefully they can run in the National league as well and have meaningfull meetings every week....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

Wouldn’t Drew be at reserve?           And to keep the Kent link going....return of Ben Morley!

Drew is on a 4. Something average so depends on how they build the team. 

6 hours ago, waco said:

Great news for Kent..hopefully they can run in the National league as well and have meaningfull meetings every week....

With Poole Somerset and Brum all being weds clubs as well that's 6 free weds for National League straight away.

6 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Drew is on a 4. Something average so depends on how they build the team. 

On the SGB site it has Drew at 3.58?

Is that set in stone....or does it change for any reason?

23 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

On the SGB site it has Drew at 3.58?

Is that set in stone....or does it change for any reason?

Could be reduced by 2.5% if they are using the same rule for British riders from last year.

16 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

Looking like Wednesdays.

Still with a 6:30pm start, I presume? 

Edited by SFTGNigel

1 hour ago, SFTGNigel said:

Still with a 6:30pm start, I presume? 

Yup, 6.30 start - 8.30 finish.

Doubt Kent will ever be able to get planning to change the times for Monday-Thursday meetings (they have planning to run until 9.15 on Fridays for Premier league),  I think it was this that scuppered plans to go into the Premier league as TV would require a 7.30 start time.

3 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

Scott is a king in 2020

Well done Kent. Look after him -- he has served most teams well and been a great Captain. Leicester's loss but Kent's gain -- wishing you well Scott and hope you have a great season.

• Like 2

Nice signing but still not on their official website!!! What is there is Len Silver has made a profit every year hes been there 7 years .Im sure a lot of people should get out there and seek his advice on things.

4 hours ago, speedwaysliders said:

Nice signing but still not on their official website!!! What is there is Len Silver has made a profit every year hes been there 7 years .Im sure a lot of people should get out there and seek his advice on things.

Low nl wages and a blue grove track, going to be alot different this year with wages alone but am sure len knows what he is doing