British Speedway Forum

7 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

You say that but he beat your heat leaders this season..http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/18786/thurrock-ch-06-05-2019

I tink the one youre also all overlooking king is wood being at Kent local boy and Morley. There’s the 2 reserves possibly? 

I was wondering about Wood...know he lives local...and could have an IOW re-union (with Ben)  at reserve? :t:

Edited by blueherb777

Wood is very suspect unfortunately. Brilliantly talented on a bike but lack of funding and understanding on what engines need to do has held him back at anything above NL. If he gets a lot of assistance at Kent he could be a good option but how deep will the pockets be with two sides? Morley seems a no brainer but that doesn't always apply. How long has Steve Boxall got left on his ban? 

4 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Wood is very suspect unfortunately. Brilliantly talented on a bike but lack of funding and understanding on what engines need to do has held him back at anything above NL. If he gets a lot of assistance at Kent he could be a good option but how deep will the pockets be with two sides? Morley seems a no brainer but that doesn't always apply. How long has Steve Boxall got left on his ban? 

Boxall should never be near the sport again,with his reputation.IMO.

• Like 2

So who is next?

I think Morley is nailed on, he could bag us some vital points at home. Would like Gilkes to fill a reserve spot as well, he’s been great to watch and would get some great advice from Captain marvellous. Adam Ellis and Tom Bacon have been mentioned a few times of which I’d be happy with them signing, both ride Central Park well.

Not sure how much we’d have left for the other two spots, but potential for another big hitter like Danny King. Exciting times ahead!

I'd take Kyle Howarth if he's free, not sure if he's got a club after moving up with Sheffield, would love Danny Ayres and Ben Morley back. Forget Boxall, maybe Simon Lambert again not seen if he has a club 

17 minutes ago, Wiseguy said:

I'd take Kyle Howarth if he's free, not sure if he's got a club after moving up with Sheffield, would love Danny Ayres and Ben Morley back. Forget Boxall, maybe Simon Lambert again not seen if he has a club 

Think we may well see Ben back....think Danny will stay with Scunny.Got a feeling Kings will sign someone no one has thought of! 

Wilson dean goes well at our place and is a likeable young man. Certainly wouldn't be disappointed with that. Think he would interact with the fans well.

Dont know the person but not a big fan of heeps on track as seems to blow very hot and cold. If you get the world class heeps he would be near top of the averages, if you get the poorer Heeps he ll be heading to reserve.

Not heard of Stella, so I d prefer a young brit.

But I dare say we may have one or two unheard of Europeans to try build up an asset portfolio. If one takes off your on tona winner, think I am right to say that a non UK debutant would have an assessed average of 5.0??? which is a massive gamble in my opinion.

9 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Wilson Dean? Heeps?

Wilson Dean’s converted average would be about 8.6, so there’s no value in signing him on that.

He’s a 6.5 rider atm.

12 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Wilson Dean’s converted average would be about 8.6, so there’s no value in signing him on that.

He’s a 6.5 rider atm.

I agree, just going on THJ saying that he’s signed for someone in this league, I said the same thing about his average

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KevH said:

Gaetan Stella would be an excellent shout!!!

Who is he????

With the Thompson twins in the Leicester team....I wonder if Gilkes will be in the Kent team? Averaged 8 last year and improved big time!

49 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

Who is he????

Longtracker on the up but think he missed out on a spot in the series this year. Going places but big gamble as there are as many failures as success stories if heading down that route.

17 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Longtracker on the up but think he missed out on a spot in the series this year. Going places but big gamble as there are as many failures as success stories if heading down that route.

Wouldn’t think Central Park is a natural home for long tracker

• Like 2