British Speedway Forum

21 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Longtracker on the up but think he missed out on a spot in the series this year. Going places but big gamble as there are as many failures as success stories if heading down that route.

Cheers....do not think that’s a goer!

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

Wouldn’t think Central Park is a natural home for long tracker

Erik Riss did pretty well at Armadiddle.

On 11/19/2019 at 10:32 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

Wood is very suspect unfortunately. Brilliantly talented on a bike but lack of funding and understanding on what engines need to do has held him back at anything above NL. If he gets a lot of assistance at Kent he could be a good option but how deep will the pockets be with two sides? Morley seems a no brainer but that doesn't always apply. How long has Steve Boxall got left on his ban? 

it's not just about the ban though is it ? do you know if he paid any fine imposed ? if there was a fine and he hasn't paid it the ban won't start until it is paid like danny bird .

4 minutes ago, gee jay said:

it's not just about the ban though is it ? do you know if he paid any fine imposed ? if there was a fine and he hasn't paid it the ban won't start until it is paid like danny bird .

I was mucking around a little although from the little i know he has an eye on a return to grasstrack once his ban has expired so who knows.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Wouldn’t think Central Park is a natural home for long tracker

Tell James Shanes that 

22 hours ago, KevH said:

Gaetan Stella would be an excellent shout!!!

Bet Kennett would love to repay the favour he did him breaking his arm in the longtrack qualifier..

What heat leaders are likely to sign for Kent?

Looking at the Championship from last season....choice looks thin on the ground to me.

T/R holder Ellis would be good.

8 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

What heat leaders are likely to sign for Kent?

Looking at the Championship from last season....choice looks thin on the ground to me.

T/R holder Ellis would be good.

it's very hard for new Clubs moving up as we found last season and we only got Adam in when we did as he was "looking for rides" as Poland hadn't worked out.

In Scott Nicholls you have an outstanding start but going to be hard to follow that up with another "big name" I think??

Poole would be favourites for Adam and Danny King and most of the others over 7.5 points are retained or signed up.

I thought you might get Eddie Kennett but obviously not.

I think best hope is to have Scott and a "Workington style" team of solid 5 and 6 pointer and then you have strong reserves all season.

Days of len "buying a title" are over i would think as you'll need to get far bigger crowds in CL to compete with Glasgow / Leicester / Somerset / Poole etc who are big payers.

6 minutes ago, HGould said:

it's very hard for new Clubs moving up as we found last season and we only got Adam in when we did as he was "looking for rides" as Poland hadn't worked out.

In Scott Nicholls you have an outstanding start but going to be hard to follow that up with another "big name" I think??

Poole would be favourites for Adam and Danny King and most of the others over 7.5 points are retained or signed up.

I thought you might get Eddie Kennett but obviously not.

I think best hope is to have Scott and a "Workington style" team of solid 5 and 6 pointer and then you have strong reserves all season.

Days of len "buying a title" are over i would think as you'll need to get far bigger crowds in CL to compete with Glasgow / Leicester / Somerset / Poole etc who are big payers.

That’s what I mean about 7.5 and over....either signed up or talk of going to other Clubs??

Could he tempt Kim Nilson back over? What would he come in on?

3 minutes ago, DJC said:

Think it might well be a surprise signing? Just MHO?

On 11/19/2019 at 7:29 PM, Wiseguy said:

I'd take Kyle Howarth if he's free, not sure if he's got a club after moving up with Sheffield, would love Danny Ayres and Ben Morley back. Forget Boxall, maybe Simon Lambert again not seen if he has a club 

Lol all of them sign for other clubs within the space of an hour except Ben

36 minutes ago, Wiseguy said:

Lol all of them sign for other clubs within the space of an hour except Ben

Announced. All signed a long time ago. Decent options are rapidly running out for Kent. Ellis widely tipped to be back at Brum, Bacon Poole bound and with Danish league also running on weds options are fewer still. Len has never been keen on the visa paperwork so its likely to be a European only side. Always have mixed feelings as should be a team who can gate but for entertainment it would be better with a team of crazy racers even if the track doesn't always lend to it.

2 hours ago, DJC said:

Kim last rode here in 2017 for EL Leicester, final average 7.13. If it is to be an overseas signing it could be someone he has worked with before. It won't be a Dane due to clash of race night but options might be Pontus Asprgen or, even, Linus Sundstrom.

39 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Announced. All signed a long time ago. Decent options are rapidly running out for Kent. Ellis widely tipped to be back at Brum, Bacon Poole bound and with Danish league also running on weds options are fewer still. Len has never been keen on the visa paperwork so its likely to be a European only side. Always have mixed feelings as should be a team who can gate but for entertainment it would be better with a team of crazy racers even if the track doesn't always lend to it.

Really? I thought Ellis would be 'Dorset' bound?

• Like 1