British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Really? I thought Ellis would be 'Dorset' bound?

On his current average he can pick any team he chooses. Whoever has landed his signature (if anyone is lucky) although the lure of Denmark may be too strong?

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, tocha said:

Kim last rode here in 2017 for EL Leicester, final average 7.13. If it is to be an overseas signing it could be someone he has worked with before. It won't be a Dane due to clash of race night but options might be Pontus Asprgen or, even, Linus Sundstrom.

That would mean Nillson on about 11.40

4 hours ago, HGould said:

it's very hard for new Clubs moving up as we found last season and we only got Adam in when we did as he was "looking for rides" as Poland hadn't worked out.

In Scott Nicholls you have an outstanding start but going to be hard to follow that up with another "big name" I think??

Poole would be favourites for Adam and Danny King and most of the others over 7.5 points are retained or signed up.

I thought you might get Eddie Kennett but obviously not.

I think best hope is to have Scott and a "Workington style" team of solid 5 and 6 pointer and then you have strong reserves all season.

Days of len "buying a title" are over i would think as you'll need to get far bigger crowds in CL to compete with Glasgow / Leicester / Somerset / Poole etc who are big payers.

HGould, you seem very well informed and as Kent came late to the league it would be no surprise if it was hard to find top riders and so putting what you describe as

a "Workington" style club together makes sense. Workington won the league didn't they.?. Didn't understand your comment about Len's days of "buying a title" are over.

Which titles were they ?  None at Hackney when I was a fan there when West Ham shut. A couple at Rye House I think over a very long period of time, and, so far

at Kent only minor events.

5 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

HGould, you seem very well informed and as Kent came late to the league it would be no surprise if it was hard to find top riders and so putting what you describe as

a "Workington" style club together makes sense. Workington won the league didn't they.?. Didn't understand your comment about Len's days of "buying a title" are over.

Which titles were they ?  None at Hackney when I was a fan there when West Ham shut. A couple at Rye House I think over a very long period of time, and, so far

at Kent only minor events.

I'm only as informed as what we had to endure at Birmingham last winter in building a team by the time that most teams were staffed and options limited.

I think we learned that with exception of Paco and to a degree Tero that British options that you know work best.

I'm sure that Len will sort it. 

26 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Wonder if the international rider is Mikkel Bech? Or Jack Thomas to return??

Bech? What made you say him? 

21 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

Bech? What made you say him? 

According to his Twitter account he has a team place over here for the 2020 season.

5 minutes ago, screm said:

According to his Twitter account he has a team place over here for the 2020 season.

I did look at that.... would it not be a Premier Club?

2 hours ago, flipper11 said:

Ledwith reserve.

Seriously wasn't expecting that! 

Edited by StrangerKings
Update to reflect signing

2 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

I did look at that.... would it not be a Premier Club?

I thought that initially but then there’s the Len link, a nice commute for him, he’s international and you need a number 5 from somewhere. 

Rob Ledwith confirmed. 

odd signing imo. For all the young talent in that NL team. Maybe not a single one is in the champ team. 

20 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Rob Ledwith confirmed. 

odd signing imo. For all the young talent in that NL team. Maybe not a single one is in the champ team. 

I think it’s abit of a joke signing tbh. The amount of British youngsters out there who have so much talent and potential and they put a 48 year old man in who’s going no where, no offence to rob but I think this just sums up why British youngesters are so hard to find and come across now, 

21 minutes ago, Motox92 said:

I think it’s abit of a joke signing tbh. The amount of British youngsters out there who have so much talent and potential and they put a 48 year old man in who’s going no where, no offence to rob but I think this just sums up why British youngesters are so hard to find and come across now, 

I appreciate they aren’t there assets. But between Rowe, Kemp, Gilkes, Jenkins. I thought one would have been there. Gilkes would have been my choice