British Speedway Forum

Corporal jones or Private fraser are in the running to be robs reserve partner they say.

2 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Corporal jones or Private fraser are in the running to be robs reserve partner they say.

Now if it was rockin' Rob Hollingsworth.......

Is there any team that named their first two riders with a combined age of nearly.....NINETY??? :blink:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Nothing against Rob Ledwith and hope he stays safe and injury free, but it does seem strange that all the years in the NL that Kent haven't nurtured a couple youngsters (like Eastie have with Brennan and Edwards to name 2) knowing at somepoint the step up could happen. Of course if the other reserve is a talented youngster maybe some sense in it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

Is there any team that named their first two riders with a combined age of nearly.....NINETY??? :blink:

That is an astonishing thought!  :o

I strongly expect Rob to ride both leagues,  I known plenty of riders who just rode until there body had cried enough for the fun of it rather than any aspiration to move up. I speak to Rob Often and I know feels he has something to offer the sport still and has ambitions to go as high as he can. The man is highly driven and is fully aware how hard its gonna be but is preparing himself and machinery to give himself every opportunity to suceed.

I think if he makes a go of it in the higher divisions it's a great story to pitch to the tv companies and newspapers etc to gain exposure.

Best of luck to him.

I think it's also worth noting that Kent have only ever had NL riders and all of whom mix with the fans, in the pits, around thier Van's, and in the  bar afterwards, i think with Rob and Scott both of those will ensure that connection continues 

Also reference Lens comments about surprise international rider signing, I think maybe he meant an (ex) international level rider rather then a foreign one?

• Like 1

Think some of the young kids unless they plan on making a career out of speedway will maybe doing there apprenticeships Or exams and if going to run in both leagues they might not get enough time off to fit all the meetings in , the amount of time and money that It takes to run in both leagues with travel bike upkeep is a full time job in itself 

2 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

I strongly expect Rob to ride both leagues,  I known plenty of riders who just rode until there body had cried enough for the fun of it rather than any aspiration to move up. I speak to Rob Often and I know feels he has something to offer the sport still and has ambitions to go as high as he can. The man is highly driven and is fully aware how hard its gonna be but is preparing himself and machinery to give himself every opportunity to suceed.

I think if he makes a go of it in the higher divisions it's a great story to pitch to the tv companies and newspapers etc to gain exposure.

Best of luck to him.

I think it's also worth noting that Kent have only ever had NL riders and all of whom mix with the fans, in the pits, around thier Van's, and in the  bar afterwards, i think with Rob and Scott both of those will ensure that connection continues 

Also reference Lens comments about surprise international rider signing, I think maybe he meant an (ex) international level rider rather then a foreign one?

I always like to read your comments, Teaboy as you seem to know what you are talking about and never seem to spout some of the rubbish 

I read on this forum from self important know-alls who actually know nothing. So far as Ledwith is concerned, I don't care if he's 60, I enjoy watching

him ride over the edge in 110% effort in every race. I think he deserves a chance to shine. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

More like Pvt Godfrey -- misses the 2 mins warning because he needed to be excused.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Best of luck to him.

I always say they all look the same with their helmets on all the best to Rob ,he made a fist of it last year and I hope he proves the doubters wrong next season :D

Is Greg Hancock going to resume his riding career?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

Cant be many speedway clubs with a pair of promoters ( Roger & Len ) having a combined age of around 160.   Fair to say there is a lot of experience at Kent!!!

35 minutes ago, flipper11 said:

Cant be many speedway clubs with a pair of promoters ( Roger & Len ) having a combined age of around 160.   Fair to say there is a lot of experience at Kent!!!

LOL

18 hours ago, East End Fan said:

I always like to read your comments, Teaboy as you seem to know what you are talking about and never seem to spout some of the rubbish 

I read on this forum from self important know-alls who actually know nothing. So far as Ledwith is concerned, I don't care if he's 60, I enjoy watching

him ride over the edge in 110% effort in every race. I think he deserves a chance to shine. 

I see Rob ride at  Swindon earlier in the season and boy he looked quick he had one dodgy fall in one race but his gating was electric.The one thing that struck me about him in the pits was his enthusiasm and he also was a really nice bloke to speak to.He will be great for team moral and great to have around the younger members of the team really hope he has a great 2020 season.

• Like 3