British Speedway Forum

22 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

Is there any team that named their first two riders with a combined age of nearly.....NINETY??? :blink:

As opposed to Leicester who have signed two rider's with a combined age of 30.

On 11/22/2019 at 8:58 AM, blueherb777 said:

Is there any team that named their first two riders with a combined age of nearly.....NINETY??? :blink:

Good job there is no combined age limit for team building!

(Hang on, this is speedway, perhaps there will be next year).

7 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I see Rob ride at  Swindon earlier in the season and boy he looked quick he had one dodgy fall in one race but his gating was electric.The one thing that struck me about him in the pits was his enthusiasm and he also was a really nice bloke to speak to.He will be great for team moral and great to have around the younger members of the team really hope he has a great 2020 season.

I don't get to visit the Pits these days, so rarely speak to riders or get to know them. So, thanks, Sidney Robin for what you discovered about Ledwith.

I like him as a rider, good to know about the other side of him. I really hope he makes all the critics eat their words.

I hope Morley gets a shot. He’ll be excellent at home and knows enough away tracks now to be useful and on 3.71 he could be the senior reserved alongside Ledwith. I’m sure he’d score more than at Eastbourne last season seeing as he’d be at a track he knows inside out and be lower down the order so less pressure on him. 

• Like 2

Agree with Islander ,I hope Ben will be at Kent next season one of his best tracks,,with a large fan base there as well.looks a no brainier but all comes down to averages and which heat leaders they sign ......as yet no one seems to know .?

I certainly hope we get Ben, big fan favourite for Kent, and will chip in with valuable points at home. I think it’s an ok move bringing Rob in at reserve, it shows that the hunger at his ripe age is there and it is one of those “prove us wrong” type of signings, as the majority of people will expect him to fail, but hopefully with the right set up and fitness he can prove them wrong, and in particular the age haters haha. Good luck to the old boy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

I hope Morley gets a shot. He’ll be excellent at home and knows enough away tracks now to be useful and on 3.71 he could be the senior reserved alongside Ledwith. I’m sure he’d score more than at Eastbourne last season seeing as he’d be at a track he knows inside out and be lower down the order so less pressure on him. 

He'd have to be at reserve then to be lower down the order than at Eastie,(rode at No2 normally)which maybe the case?

1 hour ago, waco said:

Agree with Islander ,I hope Ben will be at Kent next season one of his best tracks,,with a large fan base there as well.looks a no brainier but all comes down to averages and which heat leaders they sign ......as yet no one seems to know .?

I hope Ben is back....rides CP really well.

On 11/23/2019 at 1:14 PM, East End Fan said:

I don't get to visit the Pits these days, so rarely speak to riders or get to know them. So, thanks, Sidney Robin for what you discovered about Ledwith.

I like him as a rider, good to know about the other side of him. I really hope he makes all the critics eat their words.

He signed an autograph for me and the noise was immense in the pits .Rob said  wait   i won't forget  and came over later  was such a nice bloke he could of turned away genuine comes to mind.

Edited by Sidney the robin

1 hour ago, gazzac said:

He'd have to be at reserve then to be lower down the order than at Eastie,(rode at No2 normally)which maybe the case?

He was 4th in the averages at Arlington, so not necessarily. 

18 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

5th.  Lawson, Kennett, Kerr, and Newman all averaged higher, as did Brennan prior to his injury.

1 hour ago, SuperSpeed said:

5th.  Lawson, Kennett, Kerr, and Newman all averaged higher, as did Brennan prior to his injury.

I was clearly on about when he signed! He rode at the start of the season and was 4th behind Kennett, Lawson & Kerr and ahead of Bowtell, Wood & Brennan. 

29 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

I was clearly on about when he signed! He rode at the start of the season and was 4th behind Kennett, Lawson & Kerr and ahead of Bowtell, Wood & Brennan. 

It wasn't clear at all, with respect.  I'd assumed that when talking about team building for 2020 we'd look at how riders performed in the 2019 season, not what their average was at the start of the year.  I've nothing against Morley but he looked out of his depth at 2 last year and had dropped a point from his average by the time we let him go.

4 hours ago, Islander15 said:

It seems from this thread that followers of other clubs all want Ben Morley at Kent. I wonder what Kent want ?

I imagine we have quite a good choice of potential lower order options. A lot will depend on how many points we use up on heat leaders if there are many available.