British Speedway Forum

Interesting in the SS,says Bacon signing for Kent was a lot to do with having Scotty there also! Hope Scott has big influence on the next Heat leader.

1 hour ago, blueherb777 said:

Interesting in the SS,says Bacon signing for Kent was a lot to do with having Scotty there also! Hope Scott has big influence on the next Heat leader.

adam ellis and ben morley would be my next two

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blueherb777 said:

Or because nobody else wanted him ?:) joking of course ! I hope Tom manages to avoid injury for once .....

1 hour ago, mono said:

Cannot see Ellis as I believe he has signed for a Danish team...who also race Wednesdays?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mono said:

Would think that if Adam Ellis was going to ride on a Wednesday it would be with Poole.

Maybe the final 3 signings could be Michael Palm Toft on 8.13, Lasse Bjerre on 5.87 & Ben Morley on 3.71.

So the 1 - 7 would look like.

1. Scott Nicholls   8.14

2. Tom Bacon.  5.07

3. Cameron Heeps  7.42

4. Lasse Bjerre.       5.87

5 Michael Palm Toft.    8.13

6.  Ben Morley.  3.71

7.   Rob Ledwith.  2.00

the Total.    40.34 

• Like 1

Hope you are right Dave, averages seem to fit pretty well....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dave1075 said:

Would think that if Adam Ellis was going to ride on a Wednesday it would be with Poole.

Maybe the final 3 signings could be Michael Palm Toft on 8.13, Lasse Bjerre on 5.87 & Ben Morley on 3.71.

So the 1 - 7 would look like.

1. Scott Nicholls   8.14

2. Tom Bacon.  5.07

3. Cameron Heeps  7.42

4. Lasse Bjerre.       5.87

5 Michael Palm Toft.    8.13

6.  Ben Morley.  3.71

7.   Rob Ledwith.  2.00

the Total.    40.34 

Nice looking team....but surely Bjerre and toft are the same as Ellis.....danish teams who ride Wednesdays????

Anyone know what average jurica pavlic would be available on? I ve been quite vocal I like a mostly british team. But I think a punt on a lad with a stadium in his back garden is worth a punt if the numbers are right.

1 hour ago, teaboy279 said:

Anyone know what average jurica pavlic would be available on? I ve been quite vocal I like a mostly british team. But I think a punt on a lad with a stadium in his back garden is worth a punt if the numbers are right.

In 2008 he completed 3 home 5 away presuming his gsa is worked out on the basis of 4&4 he doesn’t have an average. As it was still 4. So going off the rules for an assessed gsa he’d come in on a: Riders new to SGB Championship League racing are categorised as follows: -
b) A rider riding in a professional league in a previous or current season will enter
on a 5.00 MA

1 hour ago, teaboy279 said:

Kent’s problem with having an all British team was joining the league  late and so options limited.Cannot see the other Heat leader being British?

I still think Starke and Gilkes and a Heat Leader.

Could be BW-D but could be a foreigner as you suggest as not many British options left unless King and Ellis aren't going to Poole.

2 hours ago, HGould said:

I still think Starke and Gilkes and a Heat Leader.

Could be BW-D but could be a foreigner as you suggest as not many British options left unless King and Ellis aren't going to Poole.

Don't know much about Starke, but I hope Gilkes gets his chance. He progressed at a rapid rate of knots last season in spite of a 

nasty pelvis injury early on. Really cannot work out who the final 7 will be, but looking promising in spite of noises coming from the

management not to expect a title contending side in the 1st year up.

17 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

Nice looking team....but surely Bjerre and toft are the same as Ellis.....danish teams who ride Wednesdays????

Poole have managed Danish riders for years when racing Wednesdays as the Danish league is relatively small with teams only needing 5 riders from a squad!!

Just a guess at last three riders.

Believe 18.37 points left.....C.Wright 9.59.....C.Mountain 4.73....B.Morley 3.81  = 18.13 (less the 2.5% discount.

Reasons for choice....Scotty rode with Wright and Mountain last season...so would know all about them and Ben rides CP really well.

Also....all British except Heeps.

Probably miles off the actual riders that will sign. :D

10 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

Just a guess at last three riders.

Believe 18.37 points left.....C.Wright 9.59.....C.Mountain 4.73....B.Morley 3.81  = 18.13 (less the 2.5% discount.

Reasons for choice....Scotty rode with Wright and Mountain last season...so would know all about them and Ben rides CP really well.

Also....all British except Heeps.

Probably miles off the actual riders that will sign. :D

I'd very much like that team. Fingers crossed!