British Speedway Forum

17 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Cool. Just saying if speedway wants to Survive it’s pretty amateur. 

I assume you are saying that unless the so called social media are used to their utmost, then the sport will not survive.

I cannot possibly agree with that sentiment. What actually MATTERS is the level of entertainment supplied  THAT is what

brings people through the turnstiles...and that information gets the best possible use when it is spread by actual word of mouth,

verbally one person to another.  I do not think any new person has ever attended because of something read on social media.

Almost everyone I know, and certainly myself ( in 1946) first came to Speedway because a friend recommended it. That situation

has never changed over the years.

9 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Not sure what your comment (bold) means. However, Bradley’s 2020 CL average will be 8.75 (5.47 PL converted at 1.6). 

He was told last year his average was put up. 

12 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

I assume you are saying that unless the so called social media are used to their utmost, then the sport will not survive.

I cannot possibly agree with that sentiment. What actually MATTERS is the level of entertainment supplied  THAT is what

brings people through the turnstiles...and that information gets the best possible use when it is spread by actual word of mouth,

verbally one person to another.  I do not think any new person has ever attended because of something read on social media.

Almost everyone I know, and certainly myself ( in 1946) first came to Speedway because a friend recommended it. That situation

has never changed over the years.

As a 21-year-old we consume sport through social media. For example, the NBA has grown so much because you can see highlights on all social media. If you want to grow the sport you need a new generation of fans and social media is a great way of doing that. Social media might get them through the gate for one meeting and then who knows what could happen. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, JCookie said:

You got your answer well and truly there didn't you. Touched a nerve with someone it seems.

Are you commenting about my comment. I don't know. haha 

19 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

He was told last year his average was put up. 

Do tell more - Bradley was in my Peterborough team in 2018 and we had no issue with his average.

8 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Do tell more - Bradley was in my Peterborough team in 2018 and we had no issue with his average.

He was told for not riding champ last year. His average was therefore increased to 8. Which I don’t really understand because it doesn’t fit 1.6. But that’s what he was told. 

6 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

He was told for not riding champ last year. His average was therefore increased to 8. Which I don’t really understand because it doesn’t fit 1.6. But that’s what he was told. 

Bradley did ride in the Championship last year (2018), when the conversion factor was 1.5.

2 hours ago, eaglesno1 said:

Can't be right as Rob Ledwith has been allocated a 4.00 average, which to me makes him a crazy signing,  surely Morley would have been a better option.

I doubt that very much as he was given a 3.5 assessed average in the NL last season.

Having read the press release now, you are right, apologies. Seems crazy to have a higher assessed average  then last year when now riding at a higher level.

Edited by teaboy279
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Bradley did ride in the Championship last year (2018), when the conversion factor was 1.5.

This was regards 2019. They said because he didn’t sign for a club and then was in prem they are putting him up to 8. I don’t think he really understands it. 

22 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Did he? I can’t see him in the GSAs.

25 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Did he? I can’t see him in the GSAs.

He was declared in working tons team before they went under 

1 minute ago, TurnTwo said:

He was declared in working tons team before they went under 

Bradley rode for Peterborough in 2018 too! 

It’ll be the same as Adam Ellis was signing for brum. Last gsa x 1.5 as they say that’s an up to date average. (5.47x1.5 8.20) hes a good rider but I don’t think he’s an 8 pointer maybe a 6.5/7 but 8.2 is a lot of points.

There seems to be a good deal of confusion in this post.....

Last year (2018 season) the conversion factor was 1.5

This year (2019 season) the conversion factor was also 1.5

Next season (2020) the conversion factor will be 1.6

Art 16.2.5 of the Speedway Regulations states: 

The most recently established MA will be used. If a rider has an established MA in both the Premiership and Championship Leagues, established in the same season, that leagues MA will apply to that league.

• Like 1