British Speedway Forum

16 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

It’ll be the same as Adam Ellis was signing for brum. Last gsa x 1.5 as they say that’s an up to date average. (5.47x1.5 8.20) hes a good rider but I don’t think he’s an 8 pointer maybe a 6.5/7 but 8.2 is a lot of points.

You think Adam Ellis is 6.5 rider? He is a 6.49 rider alone in prem. by that logic if he had not rode at Bham he would come in on 10.38. Would not surprise me to see Adam Ellis average 9 this season in the champ. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Parsloes 1928 nearly said:

Alright then a challenge to you - you find me ANY club in ANY league that's posted MORE news items on their website (and therefore also on the Official FB page) than Kent Kings in the past two seasons.  If you can do it the beers are on me when you visit Central Park.
Maybe gets at least some facts straight in your end before posting moronic nonsense like this..?

Use of Social Media has drastically changed in the last 15 years. I can remember a time pre Facebook, and pre it being a dominant media platform (MySpace and Bebo) but times change.

Facebook is used by a lot of people and obviously with a fairly active and popular Facebook page is a good thing, however it could be argued that it points to interaction and use by a certain age of people. 

I've seen the use from Bebo/Myspace to Facebook to Twitter, to Instagram & Snapchat etc

You could argue that Facebook's use as an effective media platform could die out.

As for Club Websites some feel very dated, given how often OS & platforms are updated.

Social media content is consumed is actually changing.

I still read a lot of news articles mainly sport but a hell of a lot of it is through Social Media, rather than newspapers, magazines or even websites.

But i have to say Glasgow's signing videos are miles ahead of a lot of other clubs and far more professional. Every video they have done to introduce a new signing i've watched without fail and i think for a modern consumer it is probably better.

There may will be a point in time when people are more interested in seeing who has been signed by video rather than a full blown article, and Social Media content needs to change with that

1 hour ago, East End Fan said:

I assume you are saying that unless the so called social media are used to their utmost, then the sport will not survive.

I cannot possibly agree with that sentiment. What actually MATTERS is the level of entertainment supplied  THAT is what

brings people through the turnstiles...and that information gets the best possible use when it is spread by actual word of mouth,

verbally one person to another.  I do not think any new person has ever attended because of something read on social media.

Almost everyone I know, and certainly myself ( in 1946) first came to Speedway because a friend recommended it. That situation

has never changed over the years.

I'd imagine word of mouth isn't really as relevant to my generation and certainly not to future ones. 

Personally if somebody said to me through word of mouth these days go and check anything out (and i had no idea what it was) the first thing i'd probably check is some form of Social Media platform & that would be more influential than somebody saying something.

I have to say i have been to Ice Hockey because of the influence of Social Media.

Younger Generations than mine, are far more influenced by Social Media than me. Only need to see how bloggers, and youtubers are becoming millionaires and massive Social Influencers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, poolebolton said:

You think Adam Ellis is 6.5 rider? He is a 6.49 rider alone in prem. by that logic if he had not rode at Bham he would come in on 10.38. Would not surprise me to see Adam Ellis average 9 this season in the champ. 

No I think Wilson dean is a 6.5 rider. Ellis is a far better rider than Wilson dean 

So the final two riders named this weekend.....let’s see who they are!

11 hours ago, Rockstar99 said:

I have no idea what the Kent management were thinking when they signed Ledwith on a 4.00. 

Ludicrous signing.

Maybe Len doing what he's done before and signing someone before a confirmed average, just 'assuming ' he'd come on a 2, or he knew the other six from word go and having Ledwith on a 2 or a 4 made no difference and was going to have him whatever?

Can anyone explain how Ledwith has been given a higher assessed average in the Championship than the assessed average he was given in the lower National league?

Surely his average should be based on the year before in the NL same as other riders. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

He was declared in working tons team before they went under 

8 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

8 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Bradley rode for Peterborough in 2018 too! 

But these are all from 2018.

Workington didn’t ride this year so even if they declared a team at the start of 2019 their “results” and averages would be expunged, like Rye House’s, wouldn’t they?

Bradley was though declared in Peterborough’s 2019 PL team and he actually rode for them.

So, he did not ride in the CL in 2019, his only 2019 averaged came in the PL, and consequently his 2020 CL average must be converted from his 2019 PL average.

Is that not right?

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Workington didn’t ride this year so even if they declared a team at the start of 2019 their “results” and averages would be expunged, like Rye House’s, wouldn’t they?

Bradley was though declared in Peterborough’s 2019 PL team and he actually rode for them.

So, he did not ride in the CL in 2019, his only 2019 averaged came in the PL, and consequently his 2020 CL average must be converted from his 2019 PL average.

Is that not right?

Correct latest gsa (2019 pboro) x 1.5

1 minute ago, TurnTwo said:

Correct latest gsa (2019 pboro) x 1.5

X 1.6

13 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Ok, well with 14.37. 

Starke on 6.33 and BWD on 8. (The BSPA bumped him up last year for not riding champ). 

So on reflection Kent have in essence built to 37 with BWD and Big Rob getting an extra 2 points each. 

12 hours ago, poolebolton said:

He was told last year his average was put up. 

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

Is that not right?

Yes, my responses relate to 2018, as they were replies to ‘Poole Bolton’, who repeatedly referred to last year, when it appears he meant this year........

2 hours ago, flipper11 said:

Can anyone explain how Ledwith has been given a higher assessed average in the Championship than the assessed average he was given in the lower National league?

Surely his average should be based on the year before in the NL same as other riders. 

I really dont understand the logic.

• Like 3

Ben Morley must be wondering what he’s done wrong to not be in the team on 3.91 but Ledwith is in on 4.00. Btw it’s a crazy assessment giving him a 4.00. He clearly should be a 2.00 by coming up through up the NL, where he was barely a heat leader in reality. How he can have a higher assessed average for a higher league is just ridiculous!

Edited by Islander15
  • Like 7

Ledwith was a poor signing on a 2.point average on a 4 its a joke ,,can they now change him for Ben Morley who would score miles more than Ledwith around Kent...??

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Yes, my responses relate to 2018, as they were replies to ‘Poole Bolton’, who repeatedly referred to last year, when it appears he meant this year........

Sorry I mean 2019 as last season now. 

16 minutes ago, waco said:

Ledwith was a poor signing on a 2.point average on a 4 its a joke ,,can they now change him for Ben Morley who would score miles more than Ledwith around Kent...??

I know, Waco, that you are a big fan of Ben Morley.  I am a big fan of Ledwith, and the reason that I am such a fan is that he is very entertaining.

With Ben Morley you know he will gate and go, but with Ledwith, you never know quite what to expect other than that he will ride his guts out

for 4 laps and keep your heart in your mouth. Maybe that is why he got a team place ? Nothing to do with his average ?  Just a guess.

• Like 1