British Speedway Forum

48 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

There's no way Kent could have expected Ledwith to be on a 2.00 ave, as the rule was set that anyone who has previously averaged above 3.00 gets a minimum ave of 3.00! That is how William Lawson was on a 3.00 ave for Edinburgh at times last season when is actual average was below this! 

Are you saying that ledwith gets an assessed 4 point average because of his average from nearly 30 years ago!  Then why did he only get a 3.5 average in the weaker NL.

Solid 1-5

Proper No.1 backed up by two improving heat leaders in Heeps and Covatti followed by an experienced 2nd string in Starke and a young Brit who is improving with every year in Bacon.

Gilkes young lad can mix it with the other two pointers.

I just hope for Kent's sake they can get rid of Ledwith early in the season or before. Only that one rider away from a title challenging side. 

Edited by Rockstar99

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Ellis got an 8.00 ave for Birmingham but would sign on 7.80 with NL reduction, seems a good signing to me! 

I agree Ellis is a brilliant signing on a 7.80.. I’m saying Wilsondean isn’t as good as him 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

Solid 1-5

Proper No.1 backed up by two improving heat leaders in Heeps and Covatti followed by an experienced 2nd string in Starke and young Brit who is improving with every year in Bacon.

I just hope for Kent's sake they can get rid of Ledwith early in the season or before. Only that one rider away from a title challenging side. 

Don’t agree completely. Covatti is slightly inflated due to be protected at Somerset. 

Starke and Bacon really need to kick on. 

Hope advantage is huge. It’s built the same way as Leicester but the lions are better than the kings. 

has potential for sure though. Will need a few changes. 

6 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

Solid 1-5

Proper No.1 backed up by two improving heat leaders in Heeps and Covatti followed by an experienced 2nd string in Starke and a young Brit who is improving with every year in Bacon.

I am a big fan of Ledwith.  What makes you think he is not capable of filling a reserve berth adequately ?  By the way, the news of Covatti and Starke

is to be applauded.  Side is solid, may or may not get any silverware, but the management have said quite clearly that we should not expect to win

things in our first season.  Fair comment IMO.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

I am a big fan of Ledwith.  What makes you think he is not capable of filling a reserve berth adequately ?  By the way, the news of Covatti and Starke

is to be applauded.  Side is solid, may or may not get any silverware, but the management have said quite clearly that we should not expect to win

The Ledwith signing is partly. His age. You had all these fantastic young guys who proved last season they are better and only used 1. 

Rob just doesn’t provide value on a 4. I think he will struggle to achieve 3 as an average. 

On 11/30/2019 at 9:30 PM, poolebolton said:

Ok, well with 14.37. 
Starke on 6.33 and BWD on 8. (The BSPA bumped him up last year for not riding champ). 
So on reflection Kent have in essence built to 37 with BWD and Big Rob getting an extra 2 points each. 

Good try.

Covatti is a better signing than BWD.

And the promotion has preferred Ledwith over Morley so he has to be given a fair chance.

11 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Terrible value for money so to speak.

It's like paying £20 for a big mac and chips in McDonalds lol. 

4.00 assessed average because he rode in the second tier twenty odd years ago is wrong imo.

Forget about what happened 20 odd years ago for a second. The here and now is Kent are splashing out 4.00 points on a 5.93 NL rider who's got no chance of maintaining his average when there are much better options available out there. 

I'm really not sure as I've never got to see him ride yet, but I really hope Rob goes out and average higher than a 4.00 this year xD Even if it's just a 4.01... Just because he's old doesn't mean he can't improve

If Rob Ledwith was a 2.00 then I wouldn't say anything because that's fair. But the BSPA have doubled what his average should have been based on something that happened 20 odd years ago. 

Kent should be paying for the present and fair average for Rob which should be 2.00 instead of paying for quite frankly a micky take average based on 20+ years ago.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

The Ledwith signing is partly. His age. You had all these fantastic young guys who proved last season they are better and only used 1. 

Rob just doesn’t provide value on a 4. I think he will struggle to achieve 3 as an average. 

When you think about it the Kings could have brought in the likes of these young improvers. Hume, Bowtell, Wood or Kinsley, all of them would do a better job than Ledwith who could only achieve a 5.93 average in the National League. So to have him in the side is a massive mistake. As for the management to state that they should not expect them to win anything in 2020 is an even bigger mistake as all the riders will feel that if the management have no confidence then how can they.