British Speedway Forum

Blimey, can’t believe you lot writing off Rob Ledwith when several Kent fans have said he’s a decent, exciting rider who can improve despite his age.

The promotion obviously thinks that too, so give him a chance.

Maybe Morley isn’t available or could come in later if necessary.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Blimey, can’t believe you lot writing off Rob Ledwith when several Kent fans have said he’s a decent, exciting rider who can improve despite his age.

The promotion obviously thinks that too, so give him a chance.

Maybe Morley isn’t available or could come in later if necessary.

But you win the league on increasing averages. And from what we saw last year he isn’t a 4 point rider in this league. 

• Like 1

Wonder if Nico has ever seen racing at Central Park? Not a track you would expect his style of riding to favour. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flipper11 said:

Are you saying that ledwith gets an assessed 4 point average because of his average from nearly 30 years ago!  Then why did he only get a 3.5 average in the weaker NL.

I believe the NL make their own rules? 

4 hours ago, flipper11 said:

Are you saying that ledwith gets an assessed 4 point average because of his average from nearly 30 years ago!  Then why did he only get a 3.5 average in the weaker NL.

No, I'm saying Ledwith can't get a 2.00 ave due to an ave of 25 years ago, could've been 3.00 though! As Andrew Silver & Stuart Swales were assessed at 4.00 maybe that's their policy? 

As for the NL it seems if you need an assessed ave it's either 6.00, 3.50 or 2.00?

Ledwith spends more time on his ass away from home than he does on his bike. He’s going to get eaten alive I’m sorry to say. The man wrote in the speedway stars he aimed to achieve a 10 nl gsa and came up very short. Kent have messed up here wood Bowtell or Morley far better options. 

The real point is its going to put way too much pressure on gilkes who is a vg prospect but hasnt really been a nl heatleader and has no experience. Bad work from len

Top 5 looks very strong to me only concern would be how the racers (Covatti and Starke) handle to gaters paradise of Central Park, may be Len will invest in some shale?

Kent could surprise a few Away though with that top 5.

Ledwith really seems to be a "sponsors pick" and have read he came back in NDL at request of main sponsor Touch Tec. 

There are certainly better options as Turn Two points out, all ditched from CL in recent months who could have done a good job instead of Ledwith.

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Top 5 looks very strong to me only concern would be how the racers (Covatti and Starke) handle to gaters paradise of Central Park, may be Len will invest in some shale?

Ledwith really seems to be a "sponsors pick" and have read he came back in NDL at request of main sponsor Touch Tec. 

There are certainly better options as Turn Two points out, all ditched from CL in recent months who could have done a good job instead of Ledwith.

Will Len alter the track as well as put shale down for this league?

1 hour ago, HGould said:

As you say,looks a very decent top 5.Really looking forward to see the "racers"in action and entertaining Speedway.

Ledwiths position in the team will sort itself out....if he is good enough great....if it proves too tough,there is alternatives.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, poolebolton said:

But you win the league on increasing averages. And from what we saw last year he isn’t a 4 point rider in this league. 

While this side has a fairly solid look to it, too many here won't improve their averages and the latter heats might be something of a struggle.

• Like 1

Certainly a team built 'on trend' with a powerhouse top 5 and then best reserves available with points left over. Not sure Covatti was first pick but with Ledwith's terrible value average i guess it was a good plan B? 

I think there will be value and entertainment at Central Park with this side in equal measure to frustration and disappointment. The Kent fans are very used to being successful a home and i can see this side having its home colours lowered once or twice but equally picking up pieces on the road. If top 6 is the aim i see that being achievable but don't see a lot more with the current lineup.

4 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Certainly a team built 'on trend' with a powerhouse top 5 and then best reserves available with points left over. Not sure Covatti was first pick but with Ledwith's terrible value average i guess it was a good plan B? 

I think there will be value and entertainment at Central Park with this side in equal measure to frustration and disappointment. The Kent fans are very used to being successful a home and i can see this side having its home colours lowered once or twice but equally picking up pieces on the road. If top 6 is the aim i see that being achievable but don't see a lot more with the current lineup.

You need a quality top 5 for this League.I would be happy to be about half way on debut in this new challenge.Again expect occasional hiccups at Home but I think good enough to pick some points away. :t: