British Speedway Forum

19 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Certainly a team built 'on trend' with a powerhouse top 5 and then best reserves available with points left over. Not sure Covatti was first pick but with Ledwith's terrible value average i guess it was a good plan B? 

I think there will be value and entertainment at Central Park with this side in equal measure to frustration and disappointment. The Kent fans are very used to being successful a home and i can see this side having its home colours lowered once or twice but equally picking up pieces on the road. If top 6 is the aim i see that being achievable but don't see a lot more with the current lineup.

Kent have certainly not been unbeatable at home and Kent fans do not wear sackcloth and ashes if a match is lost.  Given the circumstances, I think the new

team has a good feel about it. Some good youngsters and some good Oldies too. If we make the Play Offs I will be over the moon, but I'm not holding my breath.

If they are all the Racers as suggested, our entertainment will continue as in the past.  I will be fascinated to see how Gilkes and Ledwith handle the reserve berths.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Old Crusader said:

Will Len alter the track as well as put shale down for this league?

If he doesn't he will lose many a supporter who may attend now that have moved up - including Moi.

Edited by KevtheRev

3 hours ago, KevtheRev said:

If he doesn't he will lose many a supporter who may attend now that have moved up - including Moi.

Plus how much more will it cost us to see this league? I reckon at least 18 pounds.

6 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Great top 5 at this level ! :t:

I'm sorry, but I am just not impressed with this top 5. I think they would have to perform, out of their skin, to make the play offs. No big hitter in there, (Scotty Nicholls well on the downslide), pretty ordinary for me. Just my opinion though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

As you say,looks a very decent top 5.Really looking forward to see the "racers"in action and entertaining Speedway.

Ledwiths position in the team will sort itself out....if he is good enough great....if it proves too tough,there is alternatives.

Easier said than done though. A low NL points limit could push out the likes of Morley, Wood & Bowtell who would be prime candidates to take over Ledwith’s position. Without an NL team, they’d be coming in from the cold midseason in a higher league. 

3 hours ago, sidewinder said:

I'm sorry, but I am just not impressed with this top 5. I think they would have to perform, out of their skin, to make the play offs. No big hitter in there, (Scotty Nicholls well on the downslide), pretty ordinary for me. Just my opinion though.

Scott Nicholls on the downside yet maintained a good average all last season leading Leicester to the league whilst staying at number 1 all season.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sidewinder said:

I was happy for Brum to just survive their first season in the CL....play offs never entered my mind.

With Nicholls and Covatti, you have 2 of the best riders in the division imo.

There is only 2 BIG hitters in this league and that's Cook and Masters imo…..

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I was happy for Brum to just survive their first season in the CL....play offs never entered my mind.

So you obviously don't rate the current British Champion. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Agree,for Kent it’s about consolidating in this League and if playoffs did come along...then great.I for one am very happy to have Scotty..rather have him in Kings team than in the opposition!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, mikebaker said:

So you obviously don't rate the current British Champion. 

Not in the league currently :) Although I'm sure he will be before much longer...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Charles Wright? Adam Ellis? I also think Eric Riss will kick on again. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Time will tell with that one. Hey its your opinion, just like its mine and I wouldn't be that confident in heats 13 and 15 against some of the riders the Kings are going to come up against. If you have a powerful 1 to 5, (which I don't believe) you would expect to make the top 6.

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

I wouldn’t say either was in the top 10, still 2 fine riders though but not 2 of the best.

Nicholls reminds me of Gary Havelock just before he got injured , starting to have to drop the bike on faster riders to stay infront and use every little bit of experience , Nicholls might be ok if Central Park has a good home advantage 

Nicholls once he gets dialled in will be very very good round Central Park from his gating and racing experience