British Speedway Forum

7 hours ago, homer said:

Nicholls reminds me of Gary Havelock just before he got injured , starting to have to drop the bike on faster riders to stay infront and use every little bit of experience , Nicholls might be ok if Central Park has a good home advantage 

2 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Nicholls once he gets dialled in will be very very good round Central Park from his gating and racing experience    

As a Bees fan and now a Leicester missionary (:P), I've watched Scott racing for many years. The riders are very accessible at Leicester especially doing post race interviews and it was very clear this season, that he is worth significantly more points than his average suggests. His experience and mentoring skills are invaluable and I for one are saddened by his move away from Beaumont Park. And don't forget, he might be a little less dominant on track, but he did finish 12th in the Championship averages.

• Like 3

Scotty will be invaluable to Dan and his father. No doubt he will be able assist others in the team when they get together. Sometimes big advantages come from strange places. Whether the team gells will have a lot to do with the final outcome.   

Might be tempted to have a punt at seeing CL speedway at Central Park in 2020 ....with the more experienced and capable riders there is a chance that 15 heats will be completed within 2hours which now seems to be the accepted avarage time for a meeting. My concern is that with better riders the slick  surface will produce FTG in every heat.( Just like Arlington) 

Scant details on admission prices ,race night , start time and whether any Kent  NL team is allowed to run on alternate race nights? 

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Might be tempted to have a punt at seeing CL speedway at Central Park in 2020 ....with the more experienced and capable riders there is a chance that 15 heats will be completed within 2hours which now seems to be the accepted avarage time for a meeting. My concern is that with better riders the slick  surface will produce FTG in every heat.( Just like Arlington) 

Scant details on admission prices ,race night , start time and whether any Kent  NL team is allowed to run on alternate race nights? 

I am sure that it has been said that race night will be Wednesday at 6.30pm. I also believe that the Council restrictions  only allow one meeting

per week and an 8.30pm curfew.  So if NL run it will also be on Wednesdays as far as I can make out.  It's obvious to me that prices will rise and 

if the figures I have heard about what riders earn in the top two leagues is to be believed,  I am expecting a substantial rise.

On 12/3/2019 at 7:05 PM, Rebel1 said:

Scotty will be invaluable to Dan and his father. No doubt he will be able assist others in the team when they get together. Sometimes big advantages come from strange places. Whether the team gells will have a lot to do with the final outcome.   

Interesting Rebel1...Your Speedway history is very similar to my own...Although I did not start at Rayleigh...West Ham,

Lakeside and now Kent.  It will be interesting to see if our view of current Speedway is similar.  I think the signing of Scott Nicholls

was a master stroke.

• Like 1

With Boris now winning the election with a huge majority, Brexit is now a certainty.  How will this impact, once we are totally out of the EU,

on the use of riders from Sweden, Denmark, Poland and others ? Looks like a minefield to me.

6 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

With Boris now winning the election with a huge majority, Brexit is now a certainty.  How will this impact, once we are totally out of the EU,

on the use of riders from Sweden, Denmark, Poland and others ? Looks like a minefield to me.

Too soon to say, but unlikely to be any changes until 2021 at the earliest.

If Priti Patel is to be believed then it is likely only a handful of top foreigners would be allowed in. But it is quite possible that Boris may trim to the centre and any restrictions will be fairly modest.

Either way I wouldn't rate the chances of riders like Jakob Bukhave and Emil Grondal having much of a future in GB.

On 12/3/2019 at 7:32 PM, old bob at herne bay said:

Is Kent a gater's track? Never been there before 

5 hours ago, arnieg said:

If Priti Patel is to be believed then it is likely only a handful of top foreigners would be allowed in. But it is quite possible that Boris may trim to the centre and any restrictions will be fairly modest.

Either way I wouldn't rate the chances of riders like Jakob Bukhave and Emil Grondal having much of a future in GB.

But when Scotland becomes independent, and in the EU........? 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Winditon said:

Not at all, I've been to over 100 meetings at Central Park, and I've seen some excellent racing. At NL level there is always a vast difference in the abilities of the riders on show. This does mean some races are always going to be processional.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crescent girl said:

But when Scotland becomes independent, and in the 

Maybe the jocks could enter a European 'super league', when they leave the union.

10 hours ago, Winditon said:

It does help if you can gate round there I think with the CL there will be less passing as less mistakes to pounce on. 

10 hours ago, arnieg said:

Surely speedway riders will be treated the same as any other foreign job applicants, unless there is some exemption for sportsmen?

They’ll have to satisfy the new Australian style points system.

Presumably meaning there has to be a vacancy in this Country that UK nationals cannot fill and the job must pay at least £30k.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, crescent girl said:

But when Scotland becomes independent, and in the EU........? 

Will never happen for a few reasons but the first reason is sufficient.