British Speedway Forum

6 hours ago, crescent girl said:

But when Scotland becomes independent, and in the EU........? 

We'll be looking to England for International Aid. From day 1. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

#EconomicsOverEmotion

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MD said:

We'll be looking to England for International Aid. From day 1. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

On the other hand, we will be rebuilding Hadrian's Wall, and reviving the law which said that Scots could be shot on sight.:D

Edited by *JJ
  • Haha 1

Can we please leave the forum speedway related and leave politics out of it. Iets keep the chat about speedway, thanks, thats what makes me happy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, *JJ said:

On the other hand, we will be rebuilding Hadrian's Wall, and reviving the law which said that Scots could be shot on sight.:D

Only in Carlisle within the city walls with a bow and arrow. A separate adjudication is required for Berwick to prevent people shooting themselves ;-)

Enough politics.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/13/2019 at 10:40 PM, arnieg said:

Too soon to say, but unlikely to be any changes until 2021 at the earliest.

If Priti Patel is to be believed then it is likely only a handful of top foreigners would be allowed in. But it is quite possible that Boris may trim to the centre and any restrictions will be fairly modest.

Either way I wouldn't rate the chances of riders like Jakob Bukhave and Emil Grondal having much of a future in GB.

In the event of British Speedway ever getting an independent body in charge.

BJ and PP are probably in with a shout of being the preferred choices for that body by the BSPA

Looking at the way other teams have come together, I am think we have a mid table side and if we scrape into the play offs then anything is possible.

Bacon, Gilkes, Ledwith, and Starke already know the fast way around CP so hopefully we will be pretty hard to beat from day 1 at home. And on paper thier are 5 or 6 teams we may be a threat to on the road.

One thing is for certain, Good Friday cant come quick enough.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Looking at the way other teams have come together, I am think we have a mid table side and if we scrape into the play offs then anything is possible.

Bacon, Gilkes, Ledwith, and Starke already know the fast way around CP so hopefully we will be pretty hard to beat from day 1 at home. And on paper thier are 5 or 6 teams we may be a threat to on the road.

One thing is for certain, Good Friday cant come quick enough.

Makes a pleasant change to see a Kings fan writing on the Kings site. Almost everyone else is a fan of elsewhere !!!  Personally I think that, as newcomers to 

the Championship, the Kent 7 look O.K. to me.  Know nothing about Covatti, but other people have told me he is a racer...if so, he will please me personally.

But I will get my greatest kicks out of watching youngster Gilkes and "Oldster" Ledwith dealing with the upper division. I'm sure they will find it tough going,

but, as the saying goes, that's when the tough get going.  Pleased that Kent will also be in the N.L.

On 12/14/2019 at 12:53 PM, *JJ said:

65 miles further north this time :t:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/17/2019 at 4:46 PM, George Dodds said:

65 miles further north this time :t:

Berwick is a long way from Kent...but not on this thread apparently....

On 12/17/2019 at 2:57 PM, East End Fan said:

Makes a pleasant change to see a Kings fan writing on the Kings site. Almost everyone else is a fan of elsewhere !!!  Personally I think that, as newcomers to 

the Championship, the Kent 7 look O.K. to me.  Know nothing about Covatti, but other people have told me he is a racer...if so, he will please me personally.

But I will get my greatest kicks out of watching youngster Gilkes and "Oldster" Ledwith dealing with the upper division. I'm sure they will find it tough going,

but, as the saying goes, that's when the tough get going.  Pleased that Kent will also be in the N.L.

Ledwith - worst signing in championship history. So many other options on his gsa!

4.23 to play with: Kingsley, Bowtell, Morley,  wood, Mikel b Andersen, Lawson, hume, Kennedy even worse than when etheridge first went to Edinburgh and the manager stated he was the worst new comer to British speedway!) 

2 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Ledwith - worst signing in championship history. So many other options on his gsa!

4.23 to play with: Kingsley, Bowtell, Morley,  wood, Mikel b Andersen, Lawson, hume, Kennedy even worse than when etheridge first went to Edinburgh and the manager stated he was the worst new comer to British speedway!) 

If any of the others have strong links with major sponsors then im sure they would have been welcomed into the side instead. Much in the same way that Simon Lambert has enjoyed prolonged spells at certain clubs in the past. 

Speedway has far more behind the scenes than building a team that will demolish the opposition.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

As a recently converted Kings fan, following the closure of Lakeside, I enjoy watching Ledwith. A bit unpredictable, hairy at times, always

giving 100%. I really hope he makes his critics on this forum eat their words...and he is quite capable of doing that. He rode the second half

of last season with a shoulder injury ( from Stoke 4TT). He deserves his chance IMO.

8 hours ago, East End Fan said:

As a recently converted Kings fan, following the closure of Lakeside, I enjoy watching Ledwith. A bit unpredictable, hairy at times, always

giving 100%. I really hope he makes his critics on this forum eat their words...and he is quite capable of doing that. He rode the second half

of last season with a shoulder injury ( from Stoke 4TT). He deserves his chance IMO.

I’ll eat my words if he does score points which I know he won’t. Morley and wood don’t set this league alight so ledwith doesn’t stand a chance considering his average is about 3 1/2 points below theirs 

On 12/20/2019 at 10:43 AM, TurnTwo said:

Can't do any worse than Jed List!