British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Where else is he supposed to produce results? 

I think the young Aussies would edge this U21 meeting:

Bewley, Kemp, Rowe, Flint, Palin, Gilkes, Edwards

Jaimon Lidsey, Zach Cook, Jordan Stewart, Zane Kennedy, Matthew Gilmore, Connor Bailey, Jed List

Unless, of course, we included Robert Lambert.  :)

Connor Bailey will not ride for Australia, he has confirmed that he will ride for GB

This Kent column is now becoming famous ( infamous ?!!) for talking about everything except Kent  The conversation

is now about Australians and Kent have never had an Australian.  The first being in 2020 as Cameron Heeps joins us.

I'd love to see some comments about the Kings.

6 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

This Kent column is now becoming famous ( infamous ?!!) for talking about everything except Kent  The conversation

is now about Australians and Kent have never had an Australian.  The first being in 2020 as Cameron Heeps joins us.

I'd love to see some comments about the Kings.

Over to you!  :)

Wrong section

Edited by teaboy279
Posted in error

Today I started a new venture. Kent Speedway Fans TV, will initially be a pre recorded show but if it takes off I hope to broadcast live ala speedway tavern (but a lot more amateur lol).

Fellow fans Glenn Collins and Wayne Raines joined me to discuss the 2019 season and look forward to 2020 season. And we were joined by Dan Gilkes who was "live from the sofa" and he talks about his speedway history, reviews his 2019 season and looks ahead to his championship debut in 2020.

Hopefully it will be ready to put out on new years day.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Today I started a new venture. Kent Speedway Fans TV, will initially be a pre recorded show but if it takes off I hope to broadcast live ala speedway tavern (but a lot more amateur lol).

Fellow fans Glenn Collins and Wayne Raines joined me to discuss the 2019 season and look forward to 2020 season. And we were joined by Dan Gilkes who was "live from the sofa" and he talks about his speedway history, reviews his 2019 season and looks ahead to his championship debut in 2020.

Sounds like a great idea.  Not being up on modern technology, how would I tune in to that broadcast ?

Initially i plan to upload to YouTube and share the link around facebook and here. So it should be as simple as clicking a link once it's done.

• Like 4

On 12/2/2019 at 1:42 PM, KevtheRev said:

If he doesn't he will lose many a supporter who may attend now that have moved up - including Moi.

Not a lot of news on anything at the moment but are there any plans to alter the track for Championship racing?

46 minutes ago, Old Crusader said:

Not a lot of news on anything at the moment but are there any plans to alter the track for Championship racing?

Liked to know admission prices and other tickets....ST and hopefully ten meetings ticket?
Cannot see any alteration to track.....I would like to see wider bends which would make for better racing IMHO

On 12/28/2019 at 8:48 PM, teaboy279 said:

This is slightly delayed as files are to long and big to edit on my phone as intended. Hoping to get it on to a laptop in the next couple of days.

Probably gonna have to be uploaded in 2 parts as well as wont be far off 2 hours once put together.

13 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

Liked to know admission prices and other tickets....ST and hopefully ten meetings ticket?
Cannot see any alteration to track.....I would like to see wider bends which would make for better racing IMHO

One day last year, I went down onto the track after the meeting. Can't remember why I did it and I watched as one of the track guys drove

a tractor backwards with spikes ripping up the track. What surprised me though was the width of the track in the corners, so I don't see

how Blueherb777 can get his wish.

8 hours ago, East End Fan said:

One day last year, I went down onto the track after the meeting. Can't remember why I did it and I watched as one of the track guys drove

a tractor backwards with spikes ripping up the track. What surprised me though was the width of the track in the corners, so I don't see

how Blueherb777 can get his wish.

I say this as so many riders have difficulty when entering the second and fourth bends,I just wonder what it will be like with the extra speed of Championship Speedway? That’s all.

• Like 1

Bueherb777 I understand your thinking and though the bends have the width it is more a case of the straights being rather on the narrow side that I perceive to be the bigger issue. As for carrying more speed, the more experienced riders know how to set things up to accommodate the track peculiarities. I think that times will not be substantially different and that track record will take some knocking back. Luke has ridden the perfect line around that raceway without worrying it. Personally, when it was announced I disbelieved it and still do today. Whatever, it will remain as the NL track record and for the purists a new one will be accredited to the Championship.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rebel1 said:

Bueherb777 I understand your thinking and though the bends have the width it is more a case of the straights being rather on the narrow side that I perceive to be the bigger issue. As for carrying more speed, the more experienced riders know how to set things up to accommodate the track peculiarities. I think that times will not be substantially different and that track record will take some knocking back. Luke has ridden the perfect line around that raceway without worrying it. Personally, when it was announced I disbelieved it and still do today. Whatever, it will remain as the NL track record and for the purists a new one will be accredited to the Championship.

Time will tell how riders cope with it in the Championship.I can see one of the top boys in the Championship flying around there and doing an unbelievable quick time! 

19 hours ago, Rebel1 said:

I ve got the meeting on dvd, and make Ellis track record nearly 1.2 seconds slower then the official race time of 56.1