British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Now, what do we reckon on the Kings' chances in the CL? ;)

The riders in the team are at least all "Racers" and not simply trappers.  So I think there will be some very good meetings.  The possible

inexperience of the team manager at this level might not help, but as the season progresses, that factor will become less of an influence.

Scott Nicholls to guide the rest is bound to prove a master stroke IMO.  Don't expect to win the league, but the rest will know that we've been

there. 

8 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Now, what do we reckon on the Kings' chances in the CL? ;)

Think we will be knocking on the doors of the play offs, but a lot of team changes between now and then. Some of the weaker sides may make a couple of changes and look world beaters.

I’d say a solid mid table team the reserves inexperience will cost Kent dearly. 7th place would be my bet 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 8:40 PM, mac101 said:

It’s a great shape of track but with too Narrow straights which makes the corner entries Really tight but If they banked All the corners a bit more And got rid of the negative cambers which means you can race into the bends a lot faster Without fear and probably create a lot more racing lines 

With the likes of Scotty putting it about out there I am sure that He and others will influence Len into prepping the track to suit their needs. I doubt Len has listened to anyone else, even Luke. Many words have been wasted out there over the manner in which things are managed. When Len shouts and only when, things take place. At times track staff know that the tractor needs to come out and grade yet the water bowser will  emerge alone. WHY! No more time would be wasted as one machine follows the other. 

18 hours ago, Rebel1 said:

With the likes of Scotty putting it about out there I am sure that He and others will influence Len into prepping the track to suit their needs. I doubt Len has listened to anyone else, even Luke. Many words have been wasted out there over the manner in which things are managed. When Len shouts and only when, things take place. At times track staff know that the tractor needs to come out and grade yet the water bowser will  emerge alone. WHY! No more time would be wasted as one machine follows the other. 

Rebel1,  you must be part of the track staff to have such knowledge.  Would be good to have your insider's view of things like track prep

and how things run behind the scenes.  Most of us are curious about such things.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Rebel1 said:

I will never forget one meeting in 2014/15 I believe. Kent were behind. And it was heat 8 and len just watered his own teams gates lol. Safe to say that heat 8 didn't go Kent’s way..Leonard is just old school and I can’t see him changing his ways to suit others. 

The amount of times I have been there and there’s not a bit of shale on the track and the bowser comes out you should have heard the riders moaning when  standing at the top of the hill 

Things will have to change this season big time that's for sure, weather len likes it or not.

NDL tracks need to be on the slick side because of the relative inexperience of those competing. 

CL riders can handle less slick tracks but doubt there are many, if any, who could race on old-fashioned 'deep' on the modern bikes.

• Like 2

On 1/11/2020 at 7:23 PM, pitstop84 said:

Things will have to change this season big time that's for sure, weather len likes it or not.

So, Pitstop 84 from Poole, What has to change ?  And Glasgow fan Mac101 it seems is at Central Park every week..

How is it that so many fans from other tracks seem to know more about things Kent than Kent fans do ?

24 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

So, Pitstop 84 from Poole, What has to change ?  And Glasgow fan Mac101 it seems is at Central Park every week..

How is it that so many fans from other tracks seem to know more about things Kent than Kent fans do ?

maybe Leonard has hypnotised you? :D 

21 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Having been there a few times over the last 3 years with my son racing Nl you just need to listen to the riders in the pits (home and away riders )moaning about the state of the track the worst bit is usually watering a slick bare track then it is like riding on marbles and the same holes ruts appears mid corners put a bit more shale on it and get rid of the negative camber on 3-4 and it would be ten times better racing 

• Like 4

On 1/8/2020 at 8:23 PM, TurnTwo said:

I’d say a solid mid table team the reserves inexperience will cost Kent dearly. 7th place would be my bet 

Ledwith is VERY experienced lol!

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Ledwith is VERY experienced lol!

An experienced crasher this year unfortunately  

On 1/13/2020 at 9:46 PM, TurnTwo said:

An experienced crasher this year unfortunately  

Cannot disagree, TurnTwo.  His impetuosity sometimes takes over.  But that is what make him exciting. As a strong fan of his, I am really

hoping that he makes his critics eat their words. IMO he has earned his chance and  I wish him well.

• Like 1