British Speedway Forum

19 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I know i have a program generator somewhere, i will try to have a dig. For 19 quid it will have to be a strong visiting side and some very good feedback prior to the quality of racing before i consider parting with my hard earned. I suspect Eastbourne & Mildenhall will see more of my pennies this year than Kent will.

As an OAP on my visits South with my wife I can get in to Eastbourne for £30 (they class my wife as an OAP at 63 as Men 65 and Ladies 60 there for concession) and Kent for £38.

Brummies will cost us £30 so great value but they don't class my wide as an OAP (over 65 at Brum)

Poole I can't find any Admission Prices for on their website - any ideas?

So Kent is over 20% dearer than Brummies and their local rivals.

Should Len reconsider?

• Like 1

£19 and £3 for a 'bumper 28-page programme'?! 

Blimey, Poole get accused of many things but at £17 plus £3 for a minimum 40-page programme is a snip by comparison!!

Glad to see Kent have joined the Southern tracks initiative.

9 minutes ago, HGould said:

As an OAP on my visits South with my wife I can get in to Eastbourne for £30 (they class my wife as an OAP at 63 as Men 65 and Ladies 60 there for concession) and Kent for £38.

Brummies will cost us £30 so great value but they don't class my wide as an OAP (over 65 at Brum)

Poole I can't find any Admission Prices for on their website - any ideas?

So Kent is over 20% dearer than Brummies and their local rivals.

Should Len reconsider?

Click on the menu bar top right of the website home page and you will find 'Ticket Office' as the first sub-heading! (Admittedly it still says '2019' prices, but they are correct for 2020 - its just the year that is not updated.)

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Click on the menu bar top right of the website home page and you will find 'Ticket Office' as the first sub-heading! (Admittedly it still says '2019' prices, but they are correct for 2020 - its just the year that is not updated.)

Thanks Skidder

£17 Adults and £14 Concessions at Poole (over 65)....

very reasonable £31 for me and the wife.

looking forwards to seeing brummies at Poole in CL

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Ouch. £14 for NL and £19 for Champs sorry but that's just too dear. Its £2 per head more than Eastbourne....

Absolutely.....and where is the ten meeting ticket?
Probably why a delay in announcing prices....so expensive????

2 hours ago, Old Crusader said:

Plus 3 pounds for a Championship programe!!! I just want a score card. Are there any templates you can download please? At 19 pounds I will be very choosey as to the meetings I attend. See the NL  has gone down a whole pound. Suppose that's better than going up.

And if anything like previous seasons will be a very basic programme!
At those prices I will also be choosy on meetings I attend.

• Like 1

Genuinely fearful for Kent this year. A lot of good work has been done to get the club where it is and greed could easily undo much of it.

• Like 2

Speedway is rapidly approaching the point of unaffordability for a lot of people. The sport desperately needs new punters, but who will pay those prices. For the first time in 50 years of watching speedway, i am considering my options. The sport offers such poor value for money, i struggle to see how much longer it can survive in its present form.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Genuinely fearful for Kent this year. A lot of good work has been done to get the club where it is and greed could easily undo much of it.

Same here....I was so looking forward to the Championship but those prices are a real kick in the teeth.Len and Kent have got this so wrong!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gazzac said:

How to alienate your fan base straight away. Surely it should be aligned with with Eastie on price, otherwise fans like Sings will go elsewhere for their speedway fix.

Trying to think logically about this, could it be due to Eastbourne having the more beneficial race day of Saturdays which Kent tried to get but the Council

turned them down. I'm sure I read somewhere that costs for Championship are double the National League costs. Can anyone verify that ?

16 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Speedway is rapidly approaching the point of unaffordability for a lot of people. The sport desperately needs new punters, but who will pay those prices. For the first time in 50 years of watching speedway, i am considering my options. The sport offers such poor value for money, i struggle to see how much longer it can survive in its present form.

Sad but very much true. Especially for families etc. How can a sport that offer 1 1/2 hours of entertainment if the meeting runs at a decent pace hope to compete with other all day attractions? I am a likely to visit Kent this year the same amount of times that i visit the local animal park. The model of driving prices up to remain afloat will have to stop soon as this bubble is at bursting point.  

I think I will definitely buy a season ticket ( which I have never done before at any track) because it brings that price down to £16 or even less if there

are extra matches with Play Offs etc. 

48 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Trying to think logically about this, could it be due to Eastbourne having the more beneficial race day of Saturdays which Kent tried to get but the Council

turned them down. I'm sure I read somewhere that costs for Championship are double the National League costs. Can anyone verify that ?

That's what Len said.

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Don't think the numbers for Championship racing will support it at these prices. Might still get a good crowd for NL. Shame was looking forward to Championship racing and riders.

Len knows the locals will go irrespective , its the blinkered move of an old bloke tbh