British Speedway Forum

42 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Len knows the locals will go irrespective , its the blinkered move of an old bloke tbh

Sounds like you know him quite well. How old is he ? I know he is my generation and I'm over 80.

14 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Sounds like you know him quite well. How old is he ? I know he is my generation and I'm over 80.

Len turned 88 over the weekend. Lets face it he isn't chasing the profits (thats Roger Cearns) but he doesn't want to be pumping his own money into the project either. Kent have run a profit each season which is the right way to do business however not if the fans are those who are being forced out in the process.

I think Kent should've staggered their increase in meeting fees....big jump for the 'home' fans!

Edited by GiveusaB

4 hours ago, Old Crusader said:

Don't think the numbers for Championship racing will support it at these prices. Might still get a good crowd for NL. Shame was looking forward to Championship racing and riders.

Most expensive in the land including the PL. Only Belle Vue charge the same and even they offer an senior concession and, if you are a senior, it comes out £6 more than many other CL clubs.

• Thanks 1

With prices like this speedway is pricing all but the most avid fans ,,and the well off,,right out of the sport...another nail in the coffin of this once great sport of speedway......?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, therefused said:

£19!? Lens laughing all the way to the bank with that, what a pisstake. 

He will not be laughing if it effects crowds....and by the feedback I have seen it has upset a lot of Kent supporters.

2 hours ago, waco said:

With prices like this speedway is pricing all but the most avid fans ,,and the well off,,right out of the sport...another nail in the coffin of this once great sport of speedway......?

Not necessarily. Some other clubs offer good deals by comparison, Ipswich for example:-

Full paying adult £18, 60+ £16, 16/17 year olds £5 15 and under free.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

He will not be laughing if it effects crowds....and by the feedback I have seen it has upset a lot of Kent supporters.

...especially if they march with their feet down towards the East Sussex coast.

27 minutes ago, tocha said:

Not necessarily. Some other clubs offer good deals by comparison, Ipswich for example:-

Full paying adult £18, 60+ £16, 16/17 year olds £5 15 and under free.

No reason why Kent cannot do a concession for the 60+.........me!

I said ,,,whith prices like this,,,which was refering to Kent ,no one else,,just to clarify Tocha..

16 hours ago, flipper11 said:

You can get a train to Sittingbourne station and walk to the track or if your short of time a taxi, I’m not sure of the cost. If you look like a speedway supporter someone may feel sorry for you and pick you up on the way. One of the benefits of the meetings finishing at 8.30 is no rush for the last trains.

Appreciated, thanks.

• Like 1