British Speedway Forum

19 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Uncle Len is partial to an adverse camber bless him. 

Maybe the track guy's who the bspa have appointed can advise len to get rid of the negative chambers and that would improve the racing given more lines.

On 2/7/2020 at 3:32 PM, gazzac said:

Personal weath/income maybe be greater in the south east, but disposable income is probably no greater, especially when property is concerned, purchase price or rent on an average 2 /3 bed property in the south compared to the north more than wipes out any gain in income. I know there are other factors, employment being the main one,  but I do think the north south divide is a bit of a myth, you only have to look around some of our southern coastal towns to see some deprivation.

Poole fans will have you walking the plank as interval entertainment.

3 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

Poole fans will have you walking the plank as interval entertainment.

Only if they find out who nicked the plank.:rofl:

15 hours ago, pitstop84 said:

Maybe the track guy's who the bspa have appointed can advise len to get rid of the negative chambers and that would improve the racing given more lines.

I just hope they sell tickets for that conversation......:D

• Haha 1

Well we all have to move forward with the way things are done even more so with track preparation . The bikes will not go back to what there was so we have to change tracks, whether len likes it or not? That goes with a lot of tracks not just kent

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pitstop84 said:

Well we all have to move forward with the way things are done even more so with track preparation . The bikes will not go back to what there was so we have to change tracks, whether len likes it or not? That goes with a lot of tracks not just kent

When I have watched Poole on TV  ( many many times) the track has looked to be in very poor condition with lots of bumps making things tricky

for the riders. I've never seen anything like that at Kent. Close racing is the norm and that must reflect the track conditions IMO.

But how many meetings went to curfew when there was no need for it? Other than the track ,maybe the standard of riders did not help, and that as been said by riders. And yes 100% Pooles track does need sorting 

I don’t see championship riders having any problems with the track, the better standard riders seem to find different lines around C Park without problems. In fact in a recent Q & A on the inter web Ellis Perks said Kent was his favorite track.

I hear what you're saying but I believe we still need to move forward with track preparation.  The same as Poland did a few years ago.  And I've been and lived in Poland and remember some of the tracks being very badly prepared and bumpy,  so if they can do it , it can be done  over here.

17 hours ago, pitstop84 said:

I hear what you're saying but I believe we still need to move forward with track preparation.  The same as Poland did a few years ago.  And I've been and lived in Poland and remember some of the tracks being very badly prepared and bumpy,  so if they can do it , it can be done  over here.

So Poole must have one of the older track guys from Poland to prepare the track with bumps in it.

All I'm trying to ask is what fans think? Think something needs to be done and I'm sure all fans want better racing?

19 hours ago, flipper11 said:

I don’t see championship riders having any problems with the track, the better standard riders seem to find different lines around C Park without problems. In fact in a recent Q & A on the inter web Ellis Perks said Kent was his favorite track.

Ask Ellis perks what his favourite track is and he’ll say anything that’s super slick hence why he’s so good round Scunthorpe..

54 minutes ago, pitstop84 said:

All I'm trying to ask is what fans think? Think something needs to be done and I'm sure all fans want better racing?

Why will consistent track prep necessarily mean better racing?

Why are there far more serious injuries in the 'better-prepared' Polish tracks than in British speedway?

Despite all the pontification about Poole's track (and yes I do agree there needs a little more work on bends 1-2), the Poole racetrack has one of the best safety records in both senior leagues!!!

The tracks that are better prepared do produce better racing ie, bell vue redcar, scunthorpe ect. Poole did use to be good racing so don't you think going back to that would be better,  then it was better prepared 

• Like 1