British Speedway Forum

Are we asking for safer racing ? or better racing ?

Better/closer racing will always come with a high safety risk ?

It's tracks where riders fall without being challenged that need addressing? ( e.g Ashley Morris at Poole last season....bend 3 if i remember correctly?)

What we want is dirt on the track, just to give the rider an option of either racing, or just settling for whatever position they find themselves in after the start?

As for better racing? it would be a good idea to try and get all gate positions equal if that was possible? (just for starters.....pardon the pun)

Edited by GiveusaB

On 2/11/2020 at 10:54 AM, pitstop84 said:

But how many meetings went to curfew when there was no need for it? Other than the track ,maybe the standard of riders did not help, and that as been said by riders. And yes 100% Pooles track does need sorting 

Wonder what you mean "went to curfew when there was no need for it" ?  Surely you are not suggesting that meetings were deliberately delayed so that

the curfew kicked in ?  By far the majority of meetings are over by 8.15. and it is rare to not complete 15 heats.  What is interesting, and I have commented on this before,

almost all the posters on this Kent line are not Kent supporters yet speak as if they go there every week when clearly they do not.

No im not a Kent fan but there was problems with the track and because the track was not graded enough is why a lot of riders did struggle with it, that's a fact which come from riders home and away.

They tend to water a bare track too often  which causes most of the falls it’s like riding on ice 

• Like 1

I mac without saying I think you know who I am ? Also thin you know where I'm coming from.  Hope you and Ryan are both good 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

It's tracks where riders fall without being challenged that need addressing? ( e.g Ashley Morris at Poole last season....bend 3 if i remember correctly?)

What we want is dirt on the track, just to give the rider an option of either racing, or having no bottle and settling for whatever position they find themselves in after the start?

As for better racing? it would be a good idea to try and get all gate positions equal if that was possible? (just for starters.....pardon the pun)

All riders have " bottle" or they wouldnt be riding

• Like 3

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

All riders have " bottle" or they wouldnt be riding

Fair point! 

Lets just say some have more than others then? (imo)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

What we want is dirt on the track, just to give the rider an option of either racing, or just settling for whatever position they find themselves in after the start?

To be honest with you you don't need to put lots of dirt down, it's all about working the track water rip it pack water you can get good  racing and overtaking.  You only get out what you put in. 

2 hours ago, mac101 said:

They tend to water a bare track too often  which causes most of the falls it’s like riding on ice 

Hi mac can you PM me need to ask you something please. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, pitstop84 said:

Hi mac can you PM me need to ask you something please. 

Done 

Since my last posting, every single comment about the track at Central Park has come from Poole, Workington, Birmingham and Glasgow !!  Not a word from

those who attend every week like myself.  So much rubbish is spouted.   I watch meeting after meeting with virtually every rider at National League going flat out

for 4 laps in race after race.  They could not do that IMO on a poorly prepared track.  I don't consider myself a track expert, but I know what I can see.

• Haha 1

All I say is you ask riders for a honest answer about the track? And just incase you ask what I know I will tell you after being involved for over 36 years think I may know a thing or two about track preparation.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pitstop84 said:

All I say is you ask riders for a honest answer about the track? And just incase you ask what I know I will tell you after being involved for over 36 years think I may know a thing or two about track preparation.  

And quite a large list of (visiting) riders have named it as thier favorite track. Including the busiest man in speedway last year Ellis Perks, so I ll take the riders opinion and not some nameless stranger on a forum.

30 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

And quite a large list of (visiting) riders have named it as thier favorite track. Including the busiest man in speedway last year Ellis Perks, so I ll take the riders opinion and not some nameless stranger on a forum.

So you're saying I'm wrong in saying that the negative camber on turn 3 should be removed and with better track preparation will come better racing ?

• Like 1