British Speedway Forum

I think championship racing will need a better prepared race track to race on where as the  Nl riders will ride just about anything Really As they don't moan much Kent track the way it has been the last few years we have raced there won’t make for good fast entertaining racing it’s pretty much a one line track but could be a lot better with a little bit of work 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mac101 said:

I think championship racing will need a better prepared race track to race on where as the  Nl riders will ride just about anything Really As they don't moan much Kent track the way it has been the last few years we have raced there won’t make for good fast entertaining racing it’s pretty much a one line track but could be a lot better with a little bit of work 

Kent have reviewed the admission for Championship racing. Back to 2pounds for the programme and a family ticket saving 16%. Still 19 pounds though and no concessions for a large percentage of their supporters who can make the early start. Still they are a captive audience so why it take advantage I suppose.

Ignoring the program a season ticket for 20 CL & 6 NL meetings represents a whole £14 discount. Obviously increased should cup progression or play offs happen but its hardly breath taking (unlike the adult admission price). The deciding factor on if i make any visits will be the calibre of the opposition.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Ignoring the program a season ticket for 20 CL & 6 NL meetings represents a whole £14 discount. Obviously increased should cup progression or play offs happen but its hardly breath taking (unlike the adult admission price). The deciding factor on if i make any visits will be the calibre of the opposition.

Does have the feeling of someone being dragged screaming and kicking in to making a small concession they don't really want to do.

• Like 1

On the price increase, you will be seeing better standard riders in the Championship but for others now picking & choosing meetings, based on the new prices, he would have to lose 1 out of about 7 punters. Even based on a crowd of 700, do you think about 100 will stop going. What they might miss out on, though, will be the possible away supporters.

Iron Scorpion, apart from the Bank Holiday Monday fixtures, away support at Central Park is a very small number of fans. This is probably true at most tracks ? 

With the distances involved , and time taken off work to get to midweek meetings, the cost of admission is a relatively minor expense for away support. 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2020 at 7:18 PM, pitstop84 said:

So you're saying I'm wrong in saying that the negative camber on turn 3 should be removed and with better track preparation will come better racing ?

You have said multi things including not graded enough, not enough material, you dont need lots a material. Atm your just a pseudonym with contradictory opinions.

So you still not answered me you not think taking the negative camber off would  be  better? 

6 hours ago, pitstop84 said:

So you still not answered me you not think taking the negative camber off would  be  better? 

I dont think it particularly negatively cambered these days anymore, but certainly would nt despute that the more chamber the better, at any track.  

I'm only saying what some riders have said to me. Like I've said I think the better the track preparation the better the racing will be.  

• Like 1

On 2/14/2020 at 10:58 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

So if you’re going to miss a meeting (most people won’t be able to attend every single meeting) then there’s no point in buying a season ticket at all.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ben91 said:

So if you’re going to miss a meeting (most people won’t be able to attend every single meeting) then there’s no point in buying a season ticket at all.

But any additional meetings, cup ties, playoffs etc are included. So in a successful season you can actually make massive savings.

17 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

But any additional meetings, cup ties, playoffs etc are included. So in a successful season you can actually make massive savings.

Wouldn't have gained a lot in the last 4 or 5 seasons in the NL under the same system, if they under perform like they have over that time schemes like Easties would be better.

43 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

Makes it a gamble to buy one on whether the team is going to perform or not. Surely it would make more sense to offer a season ticket for all guaranteed fixtures (league, cup first round etc.) and then if you’re a season ticket holder you get a discount for entry to further cup matches, challenges, play-offs etc. 

On 2/14/2020 at 1:48 PM, old bob at herne bay said:

Iron Scorpion, apart from the Bank Holiday Monday fixtures, away support at Central Park is a very small number of fans. This is probably true at most tracks ? 

With the distances involved , and time taken off work to get to midweek meetings, the cost of admission is a relatively minor expense for away support. 

Just make sure the bar is well stocked and manned when Edinburgh and Glasgow come to town.

• Like 1