British Speedway Forum

I think Kent will be very lucky like the rest to have any season to speak of. A regionalised 4 team tournament in the Championship with finals is the best we can hope for. 

2 hours ago, IAN2 said:

I think Kent will be very lucky like the rest to have any season to speak of. A regionalised 4 team tournament in the Championship with finals is the best we can hope for. 

Maybe with the odd individual meeting thrown in.

17 hours ago, East End Fan said:

What is the Birmingham news doing on the Kent page ?  Let's hear from Kent fans.  

Because you asked what line of business the Masons were involved in??.

Politely you were responded to!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, East End Fan said:

What is the Birmingham news doing on the Kent page ?  Let's hear from Kent fans.  

18 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

I also thought this was a Kings thread.... not a brummie?

In comparison does anybody know if there have been any updates to central park? Whilst an excellent viewing venue the whole place could definitely benefit form a good coat of paint and the toilets are disgusting.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2020 at 8:30 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

In comparison does anybody know if there have been any updates to central park? Whilst an excellent viewing venue the whole place could definitely benefit form a good coat of paint and the toilets are disgusting.

I heard that greyhounds are stopped, so cannot be much going on. Sings is back on his normal platform of criticising Kent. Must admit that I don't often use the toilets

but have never noticed anything to moan about. In fact, those at the rear of the main bar are very good indeed ( have not sampled the "Ladies").. In the main stand where

I always sit, it is kept clean.  Can't say I've taken any notice of the condition of the paintwork !

On 3/28/2020 at 11:05 AM, East End Fan said:

I heard that greyhounds are stopped, so cannot be much going on. Sings is back on his normal platform of criticising Kent. Must admit that I don't often use the toilets

but have never noticed anything to moan about. In fact, those at the rear of the main bar are very good indeed ( have not sampled the "Ladies").. In the main stand where

I always sit, it is kept clean.  Can't say I've taken any notice of the condition of the paintwork !

I don't reserve my criticism for Kent as unlike you i have an unbiased view of things. The stadium could be one of the jewels of british speedway however everywhere is a little tatty looking and the toilets in the main stand area are functional but grim (and reports regarding the ladies are worse). I do understand that there isn't a bottomless pot of funds to improve every single detail but with a bigger selection of visitors due to visit Central Park over the coming seasons a little spruce up certainly wouldn't hurt.

On 3/30/2020 at 1:53 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

I don't reserve my criticism for Kent as unlike you i have an unbiased view of things. The stadium could be one of the jewels of british speedway however everywhere is a little tatty looking and the toilets in the main stand area are functional but grim (and reports regarding the ladies are worse). I do understand that there isn't a bottomless pot of funds to improve every single detail but with a bigger selection of visitors due to visit Central Park over the coming seasons a little spruce up certainly wouldn't hurt.

I'm told that when the self isolation is over, a volunteer force is to paint everything that stands still in the stadium. I assume that Sings will be one of them ?

After all, it was his idea to start with.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, East End Fan said:

I'm told that when the self isolation is over, a volunteer force is to paint everything that stands still in the stadium. I assume that Sings will be one of them ?

After all, it was his idea to start with.

As much as the temptation is there to douse you in emulsion its highly unlikely i would join the band of volunteers. I would respect any who do but with the prices at Kent i was unlikely to attend more than a couple of meetings this season anyway. 

23 hours ago, East End Fan said:

I'm told that when the self isolation is over, a volunteer force is to paint everything that stands still in the stadium. I assume that Sings will be one of them ?After all, it was his idea to start with.

With Kent's prices, you would think they could pay to have the place painted.

On 3/30/2020 at 1:53 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

I think you are correct about the toilets and being tatty.

I get there early and have often walked around all the stadium,and my thoughts every time is....this could be fantastic with a spruce up!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

With Kent's prices, you would think they could pay to have the place painted.

When this crisis is over, there will be less people prepared to pay those prices. Keeping a roof over their head will be the priority.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

When this crisis is over, there will be less people prepared to pay those prices. Keeping a roof over their head will be the priority.

I'm hoping to see some Brummies Away matches down South at some point in 2020.

£19 at Kent and no concessions for OAPs like me!

Poole and Eastbourne letting my NHS working wife and daughter in for free and Poole offering me concession price and Eastbourne reportedly £10 for early meetings or a concession if not!

Bit of a no brainer for us!

• Like 3

Kent aren't the only ones: with parking, entry and a programme, it cost about £25 for Somerset, no concessions there either!

1 hour ago, *JJ said:

Kent aren't the only ones: with parking, entry and a programme, it cost about £25 for Somerset, no concessions there either!

and Somerset get all the revenue (less VAT) as they own the stadium (and food and beverage outlets as far as I'm aware). Similar to Eastbourne.

With clubs like Poole and others who rent their tracks, their only income is at the turnstiles, Advertising/Merchandise, Sponsorship and programme sales - everything else, parking, bars, restaurant income goes to the stadium owners.

Edited by Skidder1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

and Somerset get all the revenue (less VAT) as they own the stadium (and food and beverage outlets as far as I'm aware). Similar to Eastbourne.

With clubs like Poole and others who rent their tracks, their only income is at the turnstiles, Advertising/Merchandise, Sponsorship and programme sales - everything else, parking, bars, restaurant income goes to the stadium owners.

I can't speak for Somerset but your remark about being similar to Eastbourne is utterly wrong. It couldn't be further from the truth.

You do not seem aware that the company which runs the speedway at Eastbourne is a tenant of the stadium landlords.

Eastbourne Speedway Ltd has run speedway at Arlington Stadium since the start of 2019. It has two directors, Ian Jordan and Les Fineing.

The fact is that Eastbourne Speedway pays a rent (four figure sum per meeting) to its landlord (Dugard family / Arlington Stadium Ltd).

Eastbourne Speedway is in exactly the same position as Poole in that respect. Eastbourne Speedway is a paying tenant.

Eastbourne Speedway gains NO money whatsoever from the catering facilities within the Stadium.

Those facilities are let by the stadium / landlords. Eastbourne Speedway Ltd gains no benefit whatsoever from the sales of drinks and food within the stadium.

The truth is that most speedway track are like Eastbourne - rent-paying tenants who get no benefit from the sale of food and beverages.

Eastbourne fans know all this because these issues have been raised and discussed with the current management quite a few times through fans' forums and Q and A sessions with Ian Jordan.

• Like 1