British Speedway Forum

I think Kent are blessed with numerous avenues for supporters as mentioned like defunct club fans, the county is also lucky to have a couple of training tracks os attracts a decent amount of amateur followers and families, there has been a strong (stronger in the past) grasstrack scene in Kent which also adds to the numbers who follow track racing hence crowds of 700+ for a midweek National League side.

18 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I think Kent are blessed with numerous avenues for supporters as mentioned like defunct club fans, the county is also lucky to have a couple of training tracks os attracts a decent amount of amateur followers and families, there has been a strong (stronger in the past) grasstrack scene in Kent which also adds to the numbers who follow track racing hence crowds of 700+ for a midweek National League side.

And long may it continue.

• Like 2

On 4/27/2020 at 12:10 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

Does anyone know if the training tracks at Iwade and Lydd are operating ?  And if they are, what days and times ?  Are the public admitted ?

3 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Does anyone know if the training tracks at Iwade and Lydd are operating ?  And if they are, what days and times ?  Are the public admitted ?

There is no track that can run any practice that is a direct memo from acu, and scb until they say when it's ok to start . 

On 5/9/2020 at 5:15 PM, Crabba59 said:

There is no track that can run any practice that is a direct memo from acu, and scb until they say when it's ok to start . 

I am told that the dog meetings at Kent are not running even behind closed doors. So the stadium is un-used at present.  Any chance of it

running Speedway training schools during the coming weeks when the government lift a few more restrictions ?

4 hours ago, East End Fan said:

I am told that the dog meetings at Kent are not running even behind closed doors. So the stadium is un-used at present.  Any chance of it

running Speedway training schools during the coming weeks when the government lift a few more restrictions ?

ACU has suspended all m-bike events until May 31. Statement due before May 31 but I will not be surpised if ban goes on.

3 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

ACU has suspended all m-bike events until May 31. Statement due before May 31 but I will not be surpised if ban goes on.

Think some Mx tracks have just opened but only for private hire with limited amount of riders and running under a different Insurance and permit From what I am told 

9 hours ago, mac101 said:

Think some Mx tracks have just opened but only for private hire with limited amount of riders and running under a different Insurance and permit From what I am told 

I have not seen that- but makes total sense... -idifferent licensing arrangements + insurance arrangements.

20 hours ago, mac101 said:

cannot see that happening now or even in the next 2 months , why ?

with Boris and his happy clowns allowing even more free movement during this covid thing . it will put us all back another 6 months or more .

its not a cold or the sniffles we have, its a freaking killer that will not just fade when summer comes around .  it COULD wipe out all of the human race !

1 hour ago, jenga said:

cannot see that happening now or even in the next 2 months , why ?

with Boris and his happy clowns allowing even more free movement during this covid thing . it will put us all back another 6 months or more .

its not a cold or the sniffles we have, its a freaking killer that will not just fade when summer comes around .  it COULD wipe out all of the human race !

This virus is a terrible thing but please get your facts correct. People have recovered from the virus. No need to post crap for dramatic effect. We know how bad it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diamondboy said:

This virus is a terrible thing but please get your facts correct. People have recovered from the virus. No need to post crap for dramatic effect. We know how bad it is.

is it crap that i have posted ?  over 33 thou humans dead in the uk . no doubt another 3,4,500  more tomorrow .  they are the facts . speedway fans failing to grab how serious it is , all because fans want to see 15 mins of speedway . i know speedway is an addiction  and its hard to break. but its not worth dying for .. thats a fact and not crap as you put it !

ask mr P if he is willing to start his season .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

Reckon Kent will be the last Club to open based on a few articles I've read from Len, in Speedway Star and one he did with Kent based paper that was widely shared on social media.

He is pretty clear that aged in his late 80's he is in no rush to take any risks and neither does he think it right to expose his supporters to unnecessary risks nor to risk his business racing in front of smaller than normal crowds.

Some Promoters rushing to race would be wise to listen to Len.

3 hours ago, HGould said:

Reckon Kent will be the last Club to open based on a few articles I've read from Len, in Speedway Star and one he did with Kent based paper that was widely shared on social media.

He is pretty clear that aged in his late 80's he is in no rush to take any risks and neither does he think it right to expose his supporters to unnecessary risks nor to risk his business racing in front of smaller than normal crowds.

Some Promoters rushing to race would be wise to listen to Len.

That is very interesting and I have not picked up any of that. As an "Oldie" myself, I am not keen on mixing with loads of strangers.  On the other hand, I am a

Speedway fanatic in the truest sense and cannot wait for racing to start.  Bit of a dilemma really.  Be interested in the thoughts of others like myself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, East End Fan said:

That is very interesting and I have not picked up any of that. As an "Oldie" myself, I am not keen on mixing with loads of strangers.  On the other hand, I am a

Speedway fanatic in the truest sense and cannot wait for racing to start.  Bit of a dilemma really.  Be interested in the thoughts of others like myself.

Len wrote an excellent piece in Speedway Star in early April, basically said, health and welfare was paramount, at his age he can't take any risks and thought at that time that Speedway should think about 2021 not 2020.

Have since seen a link of Social I think to something more local to Kent with similar message.

I think its hard to see restrictions being eased any time soon in terms of crowds anywhere near high enough to make sport viable for any promoter.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jenga said:

is it crap that i have posted ?  over 33 thou humans dead in the uk . no doubt another 3,4,500  more tomorrow .  they are the facts . speedway fans failing to grab how serious it is , all because fans want to see 15 mins of speedway . i know speedway is an addiction  and its hard to break. but its not worth dying for .. thats a fact and not crap as you put it !

ask mr P if he is willing to start his season .

The bit in bold? That’s the clue to what is crap.