British Speedway Forum

37 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

The bit in bold? That’s the clue to what is crap.

I often wonder why we have to suffer irrelevant comments from the fans of Newcastle and Workington among others on the Kent loop.  Like most of

us, I am not interested in the drivel they call "crap".  I want to know all the stuff that affects Kent and our local area..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, East End Fan said:

I often wonder why we have to suffer irrelevant comments from the fans of Newcastle and Workington among others on the Kent loop.  Like most of

us, I am not interested in the drivel they call "crap".  I want to know all the stuff that affects Kent and our local area..

so this virus does not affect Kent speedway then , but has an effect on all other sports inc speedway in the uk . aye ur right , lol .

1 hour ago, Diamondboy said:

The bit in bold? That’s the clue to what is crap.

the word COULD have given you a clue . well lets us all stick our heads back in the sand , nothing to see here , move on .. 

3 hours ago, jenga said:

the word COULD have given you a clue . well lets us all stick our heads back in the sand , nothing to see here , move on .. 

I agree, don’t want to upset a lakeside fan on a Kent thread who is from the east end.

19 hours ago, Diamondboy said:

I agree, don’t want to upset a lakeside fan on a Kent thread who is from the east end.

The whole point being that, whatever the subject, if it's on the Kent page, it should be related to Kent. But half the stuff is personal comments

from one Geordie to another. We should be discussing what we would or would not do if and when Speedway starts up again.  What do we expect ?

Can we go into a stadium with a 2m distance between all the fans ?  In Central Park, I think we could as there are 2000 seats plus loads of other

standing areas all round the track, all with good viewing. Little of this is used normally with just a few fans on bend one and very few on the back straight.

This would IMO enable 2m distances to be easy to achieve. Even so, at my age I will still be very nervous about taking the risk. Would it be practical and beneficial

if ll fans were asked to wear face masks ?   And gloves ?. 

On 5/17/2020 at 3:21 PM, jenga said:

it COULD wipe out all of the human race !

Not sure where you got that idea from, but I will give you some stats.

91,000 Americans have died from Covid-19.

640,000 Americans die from cancer - every year.

647,000 Americans die from heart disease - every year.

The vast majority (over 90%) of deaths from Covid-19 have been over 65 and/or suffering from underlying health conditions.

These are not indicators of a disease that is likely to threaten civilisation.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chunky said:

The vast majority (over 90%) of deaths from Covid-19 have been over 65 and/or suffering from underlying health conditions.

Stop talking sense!  :D

6 minutes ago, chunky said:

Nobody died before, don't you understand that! 

Jesus, some people.

2 hours ago, chunky said:

you missed out all the drivers killed , the teenagers killed by other means air accidents etc and  the natural end of life .  the 91,000 is not the final total as Americans take to the streets again shortly .

Brazil have announced an increase in covid deaths . 

did you get your stats off Donald ? 

anyhow , this topic has jack all to do with Kent speedway , as i was told .  

2 minutes ago, jenga said:

you missed out all the drivers killed , the teenagers killed by other means air accidents etc and  the natural end of life .  the 91,000 is not the final total as Americans take to the streets again shortly .

Brazil have announced an increase in covid deaths . 

did you get your stats off Donald ? 

anyhow , this topic has jack all to do with Kent speedway , as i was told .  

I didn't miss anything out. You were saying that we could all be wiped out, yet even when it is all said and done, it is very unlikely to even be the largest single cause of death...

30 minutes ago, chunky said:

I didn't miss anything out. You were saying that we could all be wiped out, yet even when it is all said and done, it is very unlikely to even be the largest single cause of death...

but its an extra item that we dont need on the planet at the moment . are you on anti malaria drugs ?

5 hours ago, chunky said:

You are right of course to a certain extent, but does lockdown prevent cancer and heart disease in the same way it does Covid-19 spreading? How many would have died from Covid-19 without strict rules on isolation and distancing? The figures you give are not really comparable.

37 minutes ago, norbold said:

You are right of course to a certain extent, but does lockdown prevent cancer and heart disease in the same way it does Covid-19 spreading? How many would have died from Covid-19 without strict rules on isolation and distancing? The figures you give are not really comparable.

I get what you are saying, but again, for the overwhelming majority of healthy under-65's, infection would not prove fatal. Even though we have "rules" and guidelines here in the US, it is incredible how many people do not follow them, so even if the number were multiplied tenfold, even a hundredfold, that is still a drop in the bucket.

When you look at the fact that virus deaths are being exaggerated by "Covid-19" being listed as a cause of death, even when it is clear that they died from other causes, and that a fair percentage of those victims (particularly the elderly and and infirm), would have passed away this year anyway, you should see what I am getting at.

Yes, it's very sad when people die, but none of us are going to get off this planet alive.

58 minutes ago, norbold said:

No, but it causes a lot more.

Now over 60,000 people in the UK alone should have been diagnosed with cancer during this period.. and haven't been. The clock is ticking for them sadly.

Edited by BWitcher

On 5/20/2020 at 1:02 AM, BWitcher said:

No, but it causes a lot more.

Now over 60,000 people in the UK alone should have been diagnosed with cancer during this period.. and haven't been. The clock is ticking for them sadly.

Is there anyone out there who wants to talk about Speedway at Central Park ?  I hear enough about Covid 19 every time I switch on the telly

and am getting a bit fed up with it. It is serious of course, but none the less I'd like to forget it for the moment and discuss Speedway.

• Like 4