British Speedway Forum

21 hours ago, cityrebel said:

There might be a few more clashes with football fixtures. A lot of fans, like myself, follow both sports.

Don't follow football...Do they run on Tuesdays ?

2 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Don't follow football...Do they run on Tuesdays ?

Not at the moment!

I have not seen any public comments from the club about plans to open although the story goes that work is taking place at the track.

From my own point of view as a "shielded" person, I am nervous about attending any Speedway this year even though I have to admit

that social distancing would be very easy at Sittingbourne.  Would be interesting to hear from the management about actual plans and

how they would deal with the virus problems.

46 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

I have not seen any public comments from the club about plans to open although the story goes that work is taking place at the track.

From my own point of view as a "shielded" person, I am nervous about attending any Speedway this year even though I have to admit

that social distancing would be very easy at Sittingbourne.  Would be interesting to hear from the management about actual plans and

how they would deal with the virus problems.

In many ways, you are jumping the gun.

Clearance to run speedway needs government and ACu/SCB/BSPL permissions. You have to hang on until all those hurdles are cleared.

Reading the details of the medical professions reluctance to clear such places as theatres and live music venues to resume, it appears that a noisy environment encourages people to shout and raise thier voices and increase the risk of spitting  virus particles into the atmosphere.

All spectator sports encourage the crowd to produce an "atmosphere" and shouting and cheering your team. Based on that I really don't see spectator sport reopening soon.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Reading the details of the medical professions reluctance to clear such places as theatres and live music venues to resume, it appears that a noisy environment encourages people to shout and raise thier voices and increase the risk of spitting  virus particles into the atmosphere.

All spectator sports encourage the crowd to produce an "atmosphere" and shouting and cheering your team. Based on that I really don't see spectator sport reopening soon.

That's why pubs cant have music and I believe are banned from showing sport on TV

There wont be any spectator sport to worry about unless they stop pissing about  and open the economy up properly. They want the economy too sing and have only invited 25% of the choir.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2020 at 10:12 PM, ruckerroo said:

There wont be any spectator sport to worry about unless they stop pissing about  and open the economy up properly. They want the economy too sing and have only invited 25% of the choir.

You overlook the simple fact that if we do not get rid of the virus, our economy will shrink still further so to suggest the government are pissing about is

stupidity in the extreme. Social distancing is a necessary evil at present....get used to it.

2 hours ago, East End Fan said:

You overlook the simple fact that if we do not get rid of the virus, our economy will shrink still further so to suggest the government are pissing about is

stupidity in the extreme. Social distancing is a necessary evil at present....get used to it.

As you won't completely get rid of the virus you better get used to that as well. You can't sanatise the world or be completely risk free.

4 hours ago, East End Fan said:

We will have to live alongside this virus for a good wee while, the economy gets boosted by leisure arenas  opening, unless you want every sporting  venue to lock its doors and never return you better hope things get back to normality sooner rather than later.

Even the more moderate prem lge football teams cant make it pay with no fans going thru the turnstiles.

im not the one being stupid

• Like 2

On 7/8/2020 at 3:37 PM, ruckerroo said:

We will have to live alongside this virus for a good wee while, the economy gets boosted by leisure arenas  opening, unless you want every sporting  venue to lock its doors and never return you better hope things get back to normality sooner rather than later.

Even the more moderate prem lge football teams cant make it pay with no fans going thru the turnstiles.

im not the one being stupid

If the government was to decide to allow fans into stadiums to watch such sports as football, Speedway and Rugby and it resulted in a huge number

of extra infections and deaths, is that being stupid ?

4 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

If the government was to decide to allow fans into stadiums to watch such sports as football, Speedway and Rugby and it resulted in a huge number

Where's all the deaths from the recent BLM protests all over the country? 

Where's all the deaths from the beaches being packed?

Where's all the deaths from restrictions being eased?

The death rate has continued to plunge.

The reality is, lockdown did nothing. Flu/pneumonia deaths remained at their normal levels. Had lockdown been effective, they would have tumbled. They didn't.. They still haven't.

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

Where's all the deaths from the recent BLM protests all over the country? 

Where's all the deaths from the beaches being packed?

Where's all the deaths from restrictions being eased?

And thank you for your time today BWitcher and onto the next question. :)

1 hour ago, East End Fan said:

15,000 rioters in a BLM march crammed into one street 4 wks ago hasnt seemed to cause a spike despite ZERO social distancing.

Very little to worry about if we apply common sense.