British Speedway Forum

I was pleasantly surprised when I was told that Daniel Gilkes had only droppedd one point in the Under 19 meeting at Scunthorpe.

Have watched his progress over the last season ( 2019) and he simply got better and better. Will be a big influence in the Kings

success or otherwise when Championship racing begins again.  Keeping my fingers crossed for March 2021.

Keeping my fingers crossed especially for all Speedway Stadia shared with Dogs.

The Stadia can run Dogs with no crowd and generate welcome betting levy money.

The problem Speedway poses them is that if Speedway bring crowds in (if allowed and even if limited) and anyone gets an infection, the Stadium closes for 14 days for a deep clean.

The Betting levy lost in those 14 days (around 10 dog meetings) may be as much as the same they would get in annual rent from Speedway.

Already been flagged up at places like Newcastle and Perry Barr and Kent would be similar.

Poole is a different and more worrying scenario where Dogs have closed entirely.

8 hours ago, HGould said:

The problem Speedway poses them is that if Speedway bring crowds in (if allowed and even if limited) and anyone gets an infection, the Stadium closes for 14 days for a deep clean.

The Betting levy lost in those 14 days (around 10 dog meetings) may be as much as the same they would get in annual rent from Speedway.

Already been flagged up at places like Newcastle and Perry Barr and Kent would be similar.

Poole is a different and more worrying scenario where Dogs have closed entirely.

Kent will be exempt from that with the stadium owner being a part owner of the speedway. True for the rest but. 

On 9/22/2020 at 11:52 AM, HGould said:

It'll be interesting to see what Stadia UK (Gaming International) decide to do to keep providing the sports and leisure required by the terms of their lease with BCP Council.

Their Press release yesterday confirming that greyhounds will NOT be returning to Poole Stadium, also states that they are retaining on site a small management team to continue with the other businesses.

Edited by Skidder1

On 9/23/2020 at 12:32 PM, Skidder1 said:

It'll be interesting to see what Stadia UK (Gaming International) decide to do to keep providing the sports and leisure required by the terms of their lease with BCP Council.

Their Press release yesterday confirming that greyhounds will NOT be returning to Poole Stadium, also states that they are retaining on site a small management team to continue with the other businesses.

I wonder what that has got to do with Kent ?  Posted on the wrong place I think ?

• Confused 1

On 9/25/2020 at 9:00 PM, East End Fan said:

I wonder what that has got to do with Kent ?  Posted on the wrong place I think ?

Simply replying to the H.Gould post above.

On 9/25/2020 at 9:00 PM, East End Fan said:

Read the thread! 

It's about impact of Covid 19 on dog tracks who make thousands off betting levy running dogs with no crowd and how speedway could affect that if a speedway fan brings infection in. 

The dogs are kept and access the track via parts of the stadium not in use during speedway. So in effect if a positive case closed the stadium side of the operation. In theory the dogs could still run behind closed doors. 

17 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

The dogs are kept and access the track via parts of the stadium not in use during speedway. So in effect if a positive case closed the stadium side of the operation. In theory the dogs could still run behind closed doors. 

If a Stadium or Arena is subject to contamination the whole stadium would be closed. Hopefully the situation will be much improved by next Spring. 

Now to sort out Boris plan to turn Kent in to a lorry park. 

8 minutes ago, HGould said:

If a Stadium or Arena is subject to contamination the whole stadium would be closed. Hopefully the situation will be much improved by next Spring. 

Now to sort out Boris plan to turn Kent in to a lorry park. 

The lorry Park is Ashford (my home town) has been desperately needed for ages. Far better then operation stack closing the M20 down.

5 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

The lorry Park is Ashford (my home town) has been desperately needed for ages. Far better then operation stack closing the M20 down.

Traffic must be awful when the M20 is used as a car park. Glad I don't live in Kent and really only use the A2 to get to Sittingbourne.

I wasn't able to see the British Final, but note that Australians were a big prescence !  No objections from me in these starnge times.  How did

Paul Starke do ?

On 9/27/2020 at 3:16 PM, HGould said:

Read the thread! 

It's about impact of Covid 19 on dog tracks who make thousands off betting levy running dogs with no crowd and how speedway could affect that if a speedway fan brings infection in. 

Some government cash for dog racing announced last night.  Nothing for Speedway.  So unfair.   Bit concerned at the big increase in Covid 19 inputs of Kent.

Will the new vaccines arrive in time to get us going at Easter ?

so Kent need to find a replacement for Covatti but all other Kings and Royals team members committed for 2021.

Additional banking has been added to bends 3 and 4 to hopefully produced even more passing  

So good to see that Scott has got involved with improving track and hopefully we will see better racing.

Be interesting to see who comes in for Covatti.

My first post for a while....in a very strange year!!!!

• Like 1

On 11/25/2020 at 10:42 AM, blueherb777 said:

So good to see that Scott has got involved with improving track and hopefully we will see better racing.

Be interesting to see who comes in for Covatti.

My first post for a while....in a very strange year!!!!

Blueherb speaks for most of us I think.  Shame about Covatti, but not a surprise.  He will not be the only rider from Europe not racing in UK

in 2021. Next season will see some big changes, but it will also be a time for all our lives to settle down to normality and I would expect

riders like Covatti to return to UK in 2022. I don't fully understand the things that Poland want to do that will affect us. In any case the number

of riders rushing about all over Europe every week will not be the same as I'm sure that the cost of travel will increase.

• Like 1