British Speedway Forum

On 11/26/2020 at 7:10 PM, East End Fan said:

Blueherb speaks for most of us I think.  Shame about Covatti, but not a surprise.  He will not be the only rider from Europe not racing in UK

in 2021. Next season will see some big changes, but it will also be a time for all our lives to settle down to normality and I would expect

riders like Covatti to return to UK in 2022. I don't fully understand the things that Poland want to do that will affect us. In any case the number

of riders rushing about all over Europe every week will not be the same as I'm sure that the cost of travel will increase.

It is now December and none of us have any idea about who the riders will be that make up our teams.  I understand why such news is later than normal

with the Pandemic  and Brexit interfering, but if anyone on the BSPA is reading this, can we please have some news ???

1 hour ago, East End Fan said:

It is now December and none of us have any idea about who the riders will be that make up our teams.  I understand why such news is later than normal

with the Pandemic  and Brexit interfering, but if anyone on the BSPA is reading this, can we please have some news ???

In Kent's case its 6 of the 2020 1-7 (excluding Covatti) plus another.

On 12/9/2020 at 6:02 PM, Skidder1 said:

In Kent's case its 6 of the 2020 1-7 (excluding Covatti) plus another.

Of course I am aware of that, but the situation is likely to change if the standards are lower to take account of many missing riders.

Such a scene could cause quite big changes to some teams and my question remains...when are we going to know ?

12 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Of course I am aware of that, but the situation is likely to change if the standards are lower to take account of many missing riders.

Such a scene could cause quite big changes to some teams and my question remains...when are we going to know ?

Mr Dickson (BSPL and Leicester) says today that discussions have already begun last week and a decision to be made for both top leagues by end December. Presumably individual clubs will already have checked with their riders as to who will not be able to ride so that BSPL have a clear picture of how it may affect the leagues as a whole.

11 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Mr Dickson (BSPL and Leicester) says today that discussions have already begun last week and a decision to be made for both top leagues by end December. Presumably individual clubs will already have checked with their riders as to who will not be able to ride so that BSPL have a clear picture of how it may affect the leagues as a whole.

You must have inside information.  I have not picked that up as a news item recently, so how do you know ?  Or are you guessing?

9 hours ago, East End Fan said:

You must have inside information.  I have not picked that up as a news item recently, so how do you know ?  Or are you guessing?

Its on the Speedway GB official website.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2020 at 4:05 PM, East End Fan said:

A good comment but sadly I think you are over optimistic if you expect a BSPA response.

19 minutes ago, JohnHyam said:

A good comment but sadly I think you are over optimistic if you expect a BSPA response.

I suppose you are also eagerly waiting to get your plans drawn up for next season ? Or do we know them already .... let me guess. Stay at home and put the sport down, yet again ? Am I warm ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, iris123 said:

I suppose you are also eagerly waiting to get your plans drawn up for next season ? Or do we know them already .... let me guess. Stay at home and put the sport down, yet again ? Am I warm ?

I think the plans for all of us in 2021 will be to get back into our stadiums to watch our favourite teams....Hope we all get the jab in time.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2020 at 3:15 PM, East End Fan said:

I think the plans for all of us in 2021 will be to get back into our stadiums to watch our favourite teams....Hope we all get the jab in time.

Jab in time for the 2022 season & i wonder how many straines we will have by then ! The whole country will probably put in tier 4 after new years day at midnight 

Just now, Justgotmecpc said:

Jab in time for the 2022 season & i wonder how many straines we will have by then ! The whole country will probably put in tier 4 after new years day at midnight 

I wonder how many illegals made it into the uk at Christmas time & yet the lorry drivers couldn't get home !  & How many of the illegals will have brought covid in ? That's how bad things are getting

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

I wonder how many illegals made it into the uk at Christmas time & yet the lorry drivers couldn't get home !  & How many of the illegals will have brought covid in ? That's how bad things are getting

Understandable view, but pessimistic.  Personally I am optimistic that we will see some Speedway just after Easter. Serious though things are at present, at least

the vaccinations have started and the probability of the Oxford one coming on stream any day now will open up protection to huge numbers of us. I think most

clubs expect to start at Easter, but I think that is unlikely.