British Speedway Forum

18 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Sadly, that is very true.  Every London track now history and all those fans with no club unless they've moved into Sussex or Kent.

Blame land and property value, don't think being a Jonah has anything to do with it you Jonah :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, gazzac said:

Blame land and property value, don't think being a Jonah has anything to do with it you Jonah :rolleyes:

Plus a lot of the speedway going population moved out of London, me included!

2 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Plus a lot of the speedway going population moved out of London, me included!

Point taken, probably cashed in on London property prices? To be honest expect you're glad you did move out now?

Just now, gazzac said:

Point taken, probably cashed in on London property prices? To be honest expect you're glad you did move out now?

Absolutely, rural Surrey is a different world to living in London.

It has been confirmed that the Kings will race on a Tuesday!

And Bank Holidays are for NL.....so no Tuesday meeting after these.

Edited by blueherb777

18 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

It has been confirmed that the Kings will race on a Tuesday!

And Bank Holidays are for NL.....so no Tuesday meeting after these.

Whats the alternate day for NL? Can't be enough Bank Holidays to cover the fixtures and inevitable rain offs?

38 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Whats the alternate day for NL? Can't be enough Bank Holidays to cover the fixtures and inevitable rain offs?

Good question....email does not say any more....just that Championship fixtures comes out tonight?

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

Good question....email does not say any more....just that Championship fixtures comes out tonight?

Having a fixture list to study will make a pleasant change.   Just hope it becomes a reality.  2nd jabs will come 1st I think.

23 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

As things stand there is six teams in the NL....Kents fixture list has five spaces for home NL fixtures???

I thought there was talk of a couple of teams joining League?

Edited by blueherb777

23 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

As things stand there is six teams in the NL....Kents fixture list has five spaces for home NL fixtures???

Nothing been decided as yet...dont think they have had the meeting.

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

Nothing been decided as yet...dont think they have had the meeting.

Although in practice most of the major matters are discussed beforehand and everyone knows what is likely to happen. (Why otherwise would Spooner and Hume have been released).

So I am guessing there are six declared starters, although hopefully there are a couple more waiting in the wings that could still be accommodated.

1 hour ago, blueherb777 said:

No idea whats going on with the NL although riders are being released due to team building averages changing. As ever things are happening behind the scenes. 5 vacant fixtures suggests no KO cup/Shield meetings? im not sure if the NDL will become an easier or harder sell to riders with only 10 fixtures a season?

17 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

No idea whats going on with the NL although riders are being released due to team building averages changing. As ever things are happening behind the scenes. 5 vacant fixtures suggests no KO cup/Shield meetings? im not sure if the NDL will become an easier or harder sell to riders with only 10 fixtures a season?

Thinking about that, I suppose Belle Vue and Leicester had a similar problem in previous seasons ?

On 2/17/2021 at 9:52 PM, East End Fan said:

Having a fixture list to study will make a pleasant change.   Just hope it becomes a reality.  2nd jabs will come 1st I think.

Fixture list I have seen shows Kent v Birmingham on Tuesday May 11.   How does that stack up with the announcements today about the opening up

of our activities by Boris Johnson ?  It seemed a bit vague about when stadiums are likely to be allowed to open. Maybe there is someone on the forum

who has better information ?

1 minute ago, East End Fan said:

Fixture list I have seen shows Kent v Birmingham on Tuesday May 11.   How does that stack up with the announcements today about the opening up

of our activities by Boris Johnson ?  It seemed a bit vague about when stadiums are likely to be allowed to open. Maybe there is someone on the forum

who has better information ?

The relevant date appears to be 17th May