British Speedway Forum

The worst & best of speedway in Britain. All four are at the tapes p1$$ing about until the race starts at 1.17 then 2 riders giving it their all, swapping & changing for 2nd place.

• Like 3

On 3/11/2021 at 12:27 PM, IronScorpion said:

The worst & best of speedway in Britain. All four are at the tapes p1$$ing about until the race starts at 1.17 then 2 riders giving it their all, swapping & changing for 2nd place.

Must agree. The video was very revealing. Excellent racing and Heeps looked like a fighter, so I have already taken a liking to him.  I think Central Park

will be to his liking.

• Like 1

Not sure if this will have any effect on Kent Speedway but unfortunately Len Silver and his partner Hazel long running business Silver Ski holidays has gone into administration on Friday  due to Covid 19 pandemic 

Edited by flagrag
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, flagrag said:

Not sure if this will have any effect on Kent Speedway but unfortunately Len Silver and his partner Hazel long running business Silver Ski holidays has gone into administration on Friday  due to Covid 19 pandemic 

Blimey, that is kind of a shock but expected during this past year, I hope it doesn't effect the running of Kent as that business has been going a long time..

7 hours ago, flagrag said:

Where did you pick up that news ?  I have not seen it.  Very sad if true, but many businesses have gone the same way in this awful Pandemic.  May have an

effect on Kent Speedway, but I hope not.

Easter Sunday comes with the news that trials will take place to see if Covid passports will work. Several big sporting events are selected for the

trials including the FA Cup Final at Wembley ( so the TV news reports).  But that is on May 15th with Speedway planning to open on 17th and Kents

1st meeting on 18th.  Too close for comfort I think. Will see what Boris has to say on Easter Monday.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Easter Sunday comes with the news that trials will take place to see if Covid passports will work. Several big sporting events are selected for the

trials including the FA Cup Final at Wembley ( so the TV news reports).  But that is on May 15th with Speedway planning to open on 17th and Kents

1st meeting on 18th.  Too close for comfort I think. Will see what Boris has to say on Easter Monday.

It is as it was said, a 'trial' of some large events to assess the advantages and dissadvantages of the use of Vaccine passports. Not going to be used yet at Speedway, till after the assessment of their use if favourable.  

Apologies if this question has been asked before on this thread but I'm returning to the forum after about year's absence given the shutdown of the sport in the UK.

Have Kent given any information on season tickets or admission policies and limits (specifically for the likely reduced capacity meetings in early season - at least)?

I can't see anything on their site about such issues and given the news about Silver Ski upthread perhaps that's not surprising. 

As an Rye House refugee I'm hoping to make Central Park my regular fix alongside while continuing to visit as many tracks as possible once the sport is back. I managed to see a couple of Ekstraliga meetings last year along with the climactic Toruń legs of the SGP season but no more.

25 minutes ago, SFTGNigel said:

Apologies if this question has been asked before on this thread but I'm returning to the forum after about year's absence given the shutdown of the sport in the UK.

Have Kent given any information on season tickets or admission policies and limits (specifically for the likely reduced capacity meetings in early season - at least)?

I can't see anything on their site about such issues and given the news about Silver Ski upthread perhaps that's not surprising. 

As an Rye House refugee I'm hoping to make Central Park my regular fix alongside while continuing to visit as many tracks as possible once the sport is back. I managed to see a couple of Ekstraliga meetings last year along with the climactic Toruń legs of the SGP season but no more.

Clubs are deep in discussions with their local councils at the moment, regarding stadium capacitys and Covid safety measures.

33 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Clubs are deep in discussions with their local councils at the moment, regarding stadium capacitys and Covid safety measures.

Expect some wildly differing levels of co-operation from the various councils, counties, cities, even countries.......

Edited by crescent girl
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Expect some wildly differing levels of co-operation from the various councils, counties, cities, even countries.......

Absolutely...

On 4/5/2021 at 9:56 PM, crescent girl said:

Surely no Councils can go against government guidelines ?  I do not know exactly what the rules will be, but there will be some, and they

will be the same anywhere in the country.  Stuff like distancing and face coverings, sanitisers etc plus limits on numbers, I would expect.

Could include a negative test now that the test kits are free. Still 6 weeks away and a lot can happen in that time---good and bad.