British Speedway Forum

28 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Berwick is a football/speedway stadium

Same as Glasgow

47 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

They play in the Scottish League though.If as it appears the rules are different

51 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Ah, but they play in a Scottish league.:t::drink:

Berwick, Glasgow and Cowdenbeath are all under the Scottish FA. It is English FA who don't allow a track around a football pitch. As I understand it the reason is they want the crowd to be closer to the pitch. 

Report on greyhound forum that Arena Racing Company(ARC) have reached an agreement to buy Central Park.

Edited by tyretrax

Will it be one league in the near future with tracks disappearing and the strength of teams in the top two leagues getting closer 

15 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Will it be one league in the near future with tracks disappearing and the strength of teams in the top two leagues getting closer 

Should have been one League years ago IMO.The standard would not have dropped of so much,and steadily risen again.It’s a still all about self interest unfortunately.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Report on greyhound forum that Arena Racing Company(ARC) have reached an agreement to buy Central Park.

The lease or the stadium? i "thought" that the council owned the stadium and Roger Cearns held the lease?

Arena Racing Company (“ARC”) can confirm that an agreement has been reached to acquire Cearnsport Limited, the owners of Central Park greyhound stadium and speedway track.

Upon completion of the acquisition, Central Park will join Newcastle, Nottingham, Sunderland and Perry Barr within the ARC group of Greyhound Stadia alongside sixteen racecourses, which include Doncaster, Newcastle, Chepstow and Royal Windsor.

Promoter at Central Park, Roger Cearns, will continue with the business through a transitional period ahead of the return of owners and spectators. In addition, Roger will maintain his links with the track via the Kent Kings Speedway team. ARC will continue to honour the ongoing media rights agreement between the stadium and SIS.

ARC Director of Media and Technology, Mark Kingston, said, “We are delighted to have reached agreement with Cearnsport Limited, and to welcome Central Park into the ARC group of venues.”

“As a well-respected and popular track, Central Park will really enhance the portfolio of greyhound racing that we host and reiterates our long-term commitment to the sport. We will, of course, fulfil any standing arrangements with regards the track’s media rights, but look forward to Central Park becoming a key part of our schedule going forward.

“We are incredibly grateful to Roger Cearns, whose knowledge and expertise will be hugely valuable to the business during an upcoming transitional period.”

Roger Cearns said, “I have, for some time now, thought that after 60 years connected to greyhound stadiums and 23 years at Central Park that the time is right for me to retire for younger people to take charge and to secure a sound future for Central Park, its trainers and employees.”

“Having closely investigated all possibilities I consider that ARC, who are acknowledged leaders in this field, operating over 20 venues, are the best option to achieve that. Racing at Central Park will continue as normal with the exciting Category One Grand National commencing soon.”

“I believe that being within the ARC group will give Central Park, it’s staff and trainers a secure and prosperous future and my best wishes go to them.”

This news follows the announcement of the establishment of a landmark joint venture between ARC and Entain, which will deliver a single, optimized UK greyhound racing schedule from 1 January 2024.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Arena Racing Company (“ARC”) can confirm that an agreement has been reached to acquire Cearnsport Limited, the owners of Central Park greyhound stadium and speedway track.

Upon completion of the acquisition, Central Park will join Newcastle, Nottingham, Sunderland and Perry Barr within the ARC group of Greyhound Stadia alongside sixteen racecourses, which include Doncaster, Newcastle, Chepstow and Royal Windsor.

Promoter at Central Park, Roger Cearns, will continue with the business through a transitional period ahead of the return of owners and spectators. In addition, Roger will maintain his links with the track via the Kent Kings Speedway team. ARC will continue to honour the ongoing media rights agreement between the stadium and SIS.

ARC Director of Media and Technology, Mark Kingston, said, “We are delighted to have reached agreement with Cearnsport Limited, and to welcome Central Park into the ARC group of venues.”

“As a well-respected and popular track, Central Park will really enhance the portfolio of greyhound racing that we host and reiterates our long-term commitment to the sport. We will, of course, fulfil any standing arrangements with regards the track’s media rights, but look forward to Central Park becoming a key part of our schedule going forward.

“We are incredibly grateful to Roger Cearns, whose knowledge and expertise will be hugely valuable to the business during an upcoming transitional period.”

Roger Cearns said, “I have, for some time now, thought that after 60 years connected to greyhound stadiums and 23 years at Central Park that the time is right for me to retire for younger people to take charge and to secure a sound future for Central Park, its trainers and employees.”

“Having closely investigated all possibilities I consider that ARC, who are acknowledged leaders in this field, operating over 20 venues, are the best option to achieve that. Racing at Central Park will continue as normal with the exciting Category One Grand National commencing soon.”

“I believe that being within the ARC group will give Central Park, it’s staff and trainers a secure and prosperous future and my best wishes go to them.”

This news follows the announcement of the establishment of a landmark joint venture between ARC and Entain, which will deliver a single, optimized UK greyhound racing schedule from 1 January 2024.

Can see this affecting the viability of speedway here going forward.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rebel1 said:

Can see this affecting the viability of speedway here going ...

Honestly...

Welcome to our world... unfortunately I don't think you are wrong...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rebel1 said:

Can see this affecting the viability of speedway here going forward.

That is a very pessimistic point of view. An optimist would say that a major company with huge resources as stadium owners is beneficial.

For the past 30 or more years, stadium after stadium has been lost to us because the value of the land for development was higher than

any income that could be derived.   It seems that this company are in the business of operating stadiums for gambling, not for development.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

That is a very pessimistic point of view. An optimist would say that a major company with huge resources as stadium owners is beneficial.

For the past 30 or more years, stadium after stadium has been lost to us because the value of the land for development was higher than

any income that could be derived.   It seems that this company are in the business of operating stadiums for gambling, not for development.

Whilst i agree 99.99% of what you have said, it should  be noted that they did close Folkstone racecourse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Whilst i agree 99.99% of what you have said, it should  be noted that they did close Folkstone racecourse.

Yep... might be worth Uncle Len having a chat with the Newcastle and Birmingham promotions too...

Regards 

THJ