British Speedway Forum

On 5/9/2021 at 7:36 AM, East End Fan said:

At least we can see that we have 7 riders all ready to go for Kent.  Others are not so lucky, I think.  Is this at Leicester?

Yes, it was at Leicester last Friday

1 hour ago, Old Crusader said:

There were only 6riders in the team photo for Kent Royals. Is Rob Ledwith still in the side? Was it that he could not make the practice?

The pic I posted (which was taken off Facebook, by the way) there are 7 riders.

Booked my ticket for Tuesday.  Very easy by phoning the stadium number.  Now can't wait for the action to start.  Leicester would be a good

team to beat on. our first fixture, but will be hard, I think.

Just received my ticket for the opening meeting through the post, so all set, just need the weather to play ball now.

Edited by BrizHeathen

9 hours ago, BrizHeathen said:

Just received my ticket for the opening meeting through the post, so all set, just need the weather to play ball now.

Amen to that

19 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Don't have too much detail as yet, but Glasgow will be streaming their home meeting against Kent on Friday 21st Glasgow Tigers Speedway | Facebook

I think all matches in Scotland are behind closed doors. A very difficult situation when rules are different in different places. I will be looking to find out

how to subscribe to the streamed match next Friday.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

I think all matches in Scotland are behind closed doors. A very difficult situation when rules are different in different places. I will be looking to find out

No kidding, I could drive to Plymouth on Tuesday to watch Glasgow but cant watch my team at home, 10 miles along the road.

3 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Edinburgh are selling a limited number of tickets for this Friday's meeting, but l'd agree that Glasgow might well have to open the season behind closed doors.

On 5/16/2021 at 10:22 PM, crescent girl said:

Edinburgh are selling a limited number of tickets for this Friday's meeting, but l'd agree that Glasgow might well have to open the season behind closed doors.

Just looked up the forecast for Friday. If the meeting runs it will be a miracle.

1 hour ago, East End Fan said:

Just looked up the forecast for Friday. If the meeting runs it will be a miracle.

Glass half empty, eh?

On 5/18/2021 at 5:29 PM, SharpenRake said:

The weather forecast for Glasgow on Friday is currently OK so buying a ticket for the streamed match (£11.95) against Kent would seem to be a good option Home | Glasgow Tigers Speedway

Will seem very strange watching this match on my computer. Bought my ticket this morning, but had to get my young neighbour to help me through

all the minefield and I wonder why it has to be so complicated. There must be a reason, can anybody tell me ?

On 5/21/2021 at 3:44 PM, East End Fan said:

Will seem very strange watching this match on my computer. Bought my ticket this morning, but had to get my young neighbour to help me through

all the minefield and I wonder why it has to be so complicated. There must be a reason, can anybody tell me ?

Have posted this on the Glasgow v Kent thread but then thought it might be better on this one. Most of the posts I've read on this forum suggests streaming has a place in the sport even when we get back to normal particularly for away fans.

Good to see that East End Fan bought a ticket but just wondering did any other Kent fans purchase a ticket to see their team's first ever match in the Championship? 

16 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Have posted this on the Glasgow v Kent thread but then thought it might be better on this one. Most of the posts I've read on this forum suggests streaming has a place in the sport even when we get back to normal particularly for away fans.

Good to see that East End Fan bought a ticket but just wondering did any other Kent fans purchase a ticket to see their team's first ever match in the Championship? 

So that will be a no then? 

• Haha 1