British Speedway Forum

On 5/24/2021 at 4:59 PM, SharpenRake said:

Have posted this on the Glasgow v Kent thread but then thought it might be better on this one. Most of the posts I've read on this forum suggests streaming has a place in the sport even when we get back to normal particularly for away fans.

Good to see that East End Fan bought a ticket but just wondering did any other Kent fans purchase a ticket to see their team's first ever match in the Championship? 

Yes, had trouble with it freezing for the first 2 heats, but all worked OK afterwards. Very good to see Jake , who has yet to complete a full season in speedway yet, fighting for points at championship level.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Yes, had trouble with it freezing for the first 2 heats, but all worked OK afterwards. Very good to see Jake , who has yet to complete a full season in speedway yet, fighting for points at championship level.

Very similar experience for me and must agree with Teaboy about young Jake. I will take a lot of pleasure watching him progress. One

of Britains finest prospects IMO.

It was a struggle for the Kings, very much hampered by the loss of Tom in his first heat, but you have some talented youngsters and I was impressed with young Jake. Glasgow are extremely strong at home and a few teams will struggle at Ashfield. I hope the Kings have a good consolidating season and I look forward to seeing my first live meeting when I come down with a few other Glasgow fans on June 8th

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Cookiefan said:

It was a struggle for the Kings, very much hampered by the loss of Tom in his first heat, but you have some talented youngsters and I was impressed with young Jake. Glasgow are extremely strong at home and a few teams will struggle at Ashfield. I hope the Kings have a good consolidating season and I look forward to seeing my first live meeting when I come down with a few other Glasgow fans on June 8th

Do Scottish Covid rules allow you to travel ?  

11 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Do Scottish Covid rules allow you to travel ?  

Yes, I dont live in Glasgow, I live outside in Paisley and the other fans travelling down , don't actually live in Glasgow either, also I get tested every week and have had both jabs

18 hours ago, Cookiefan said:

Yes, I dont live in Glasgow, I live outside in Paisley and the other fans travelling down , don't actually live in Glasgow either, also I get tested every week and have had both jabs

In that case, you will be very welcome.  But no hugs and kisses !

On 5/26/2021 at 10:42 AM, Cookiefan said:

It would be worth keeping a keen eye on the Kings web site for the release of tickets for June 8th, a lot of tickets would have already been sold for the rain off against Leicester/Eastbourne & carried over to the Glasgow match. 

1 hour ago, flipper11 said:

It would be worth keeping a keen eye on the Kings web site for the release of tickets for June 8th, a lot of tickets would have already been sold for the rain off against Leicester/Eastbourne & carried over to the Glasgow match. 

A good point. I've already transferred mine.

4 hours ago, flipper11 said:

I have my tickets as I inadvertently booked the leicester match which was postponed, so have carried them forward for the Glasgow match, which was what I originally wanted

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

I have my tickets as I inadvertently booked the leicester match which was postponed, so have carried them forward for the Glasgow match, which was what I originally wanted

So it was your fault that we rained off !!!  Some people have all the luck..

• Haha 1

Can anyone explain why Kent have switched Redcars visit to the 13th of July. We were scheduled for the 3rd August.  I have already booked accommodation. Usual total contempt for fans.

3 hours ago, mikebaker said:

Can anyone explain why Kent have switched Redcars visit to the 13th of July. We were scheduled for the 3rd August.  I have already booked accommodation. Usual total contempt for fans.

I think the managements of all the teams concerned should have contacted you first. After all, the meeting was imminent, only 9 weeks away. How dare they 

not consult.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, East End Fan said:

I think the managements of all the teams concerned should have contacted you first. After all, the meeting was imminent, only 9 weeks away. How dare they 

not consult.

You probably would be the first to moan if they did not produce a fixture list though.Is there any point if you have to keep altering fixtures.:rolleyes:

Announcement on Twitter that Tom Bacon has retired.. anyone know if this is confirmed?

2 minutes ago, AndyO said:

Announcement on Twitter that Tom Bacon has retired.. anyone know if this is confirmed?

Isn't because of Danish restrictions issit?