British Speedway Forum

12 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

What do you know that the rest of us don't ?

You need to sign up to the Kent Kings news feed, if you want to hear it first.

24 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

You need to sign up to the Kent Kings news feed, if you want to hear it first.

Or wait for those who do sign up to it to blab the "secret" news in minutes which is what i do. There's also a big hint on the Kent website....

23 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Or wait for those who do sign up to it to blab the "secret" news in minutes which is what i do. There's also a big hint on the Kent website....

Is it the Alex Spooner for Rob Ledwith change that we're waiting for someone to blab?  Or is that common knowledge?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I keep quiet, or I'll be hung, drawn and quartered!

17 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

With Kent  Kings in  heeps of trouble after losing the bacon , Len seem in no hurry to spend a few nickels ......in stark contrast to Poole.

Poole have traditionally spent far more money than any other club.  Clearly their income ( at least in the past) has allowed them to do it.

Kent, on the other hand, with a stupid 8.30 curfew to contend with have never been a rich club, but has, it seems , sound finances.  They

recently purchased the contract of Paul Starke, so they are prepared to spend money if it is needed.

East End Fan, not sure that the 8.30 curfew has much to do with Kent Kings’ rider problems to be honest. Never likely that large attendances from away supporters on a midweek evening are likely at a track hindered by access via the awful traffic in the South East of England ( M25/Dartford crossing ☹️)

Being prudent with club finances has always been a trademark of Len as a promoter, but will support be maintained for the Kings after another drubbing by Eastbourne on Tuesday? The side assembled for 2021 already missing Covatti, was always going to struggle. Both veterans Ledwith and Hurry originally featured in the team, Ledwith subsequently pulled out of the CL team....

With R/R for Bacon totally useless in a team of possibly 3 championship standard riders ......hard to see the Kings winning a meeting. Will crowds sustain the CL side ? 

On 7/4/2021 at 9:16 AM, old bob at herne bay said:

East End Fan, not sure that the 8.30 curfew has much to do with Kent Kings’ rider problems to be honest. Never likely that large attendances from away supporters on a midweek evening are likely at a track hindered by access via the awful traffic in the South East of England ( M25/Dartford crossing ☹️)

Being prudent with club finances has always been a trademark of Len as a promoter, but will support be maintained for the Kings after another drubbing by Eastbourne on Tuesday? The side assembled for 2021 already missing Covatti, was always going to struggle. Both veterans Ledwith and Hurry originally featured in the team, Ledwith subsequently pulled out of the CL team....

With R/R for Bacon totally useless in a team of possibly 3 championship standard riders ......hard to see the Kings winning a meeting. Will crowds sustain the CL side ? 

Ledwith pulled out of the Kings before the season started.  He obviously has issues outside of the sport as he has now dropped out altogether. Shame, I  liked watching

him ride, usually above his level. It has always been clear to any observer that Kent are in a learning curve, and that has in fact been quoted by the management more than

once. The club have two of Britains outstanding prospects and as a Kings fan I will get a lot of pleasure from watching their progress. I think the vast majority of Kent

fans will give their support win or lose.  They have a truly great rider leading the side and others who have still to get to their best, such as Cameron Heeps.  He is IMO

a much better rider than we have seen so far, largely caused by his early injury.  So it's not all doom and gloom.

with Len Silver admitting in this weeks Speedway Star that Paul Hurry is struggling quote 'he knows it, we know it and the public knows it' makes you wonder what Luke Bowen is doing these days? Assume that he has retired however if not he might be good for a few points away and certainly knows the best way around Central Park? Probably not possible but options are very limited and would certainly be at least a slight up-grade?

3 hours ago, AndyO said:

with Len Silver admitting in this weeks Speedway Star that Paul Hurry is struggling quote 'he knows it, we know it and the public knows it' makes you wonder what Luke Bowen is doing these days? Assume that he has retired however if not he might be good for a few points away and certainly knows the best way around Central Park? Probably not possible but options are very limited and would certainly be at least a slight up-grade?

Definitely retired and i believe sold his equipment, had some corrective surgery fairly recently, just become a father and has a decent job outside of Speedway so not sure theres much to tempt him back  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Definitely retired and i believe sold his equipment, had some corrective surgery fairly recently, just become a father and has a decent job outside of Speedway so not sure theres much to tempt him back  

Thanks didn't know the background but that makes sense, shame though as a fully functioning 747 would have made a good replacement!

1 hour ago, AndyO said:

Thanks didn't know the background but that makes sense, shame though as a fully functioning 747 would have made a good replacement!

From my Arena Essex days I have been a great fan of Paul and I am very surprised at his poor form.  He is a much better rider than we have seen

so far this yea.r

10 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

From my Arena Essex days I have been a great fan of Paul and I am very surprised at his poor form.  He is a much better rider than we have seen

so far this yea.r

Age has caught up with him. 

47 minutes ago, HGould said:

Age has caught up with him. 

And doughnuts by the look  

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

so far this yea.r

Hes 50 +ffs, he was getting mullered in the nl 2-3 yrs ago. The worst signing of all time on a 5+ average. Not the only problem tho, heeps a major concern. Ive no idea how len will attract riders down there to fill the void, he wont pay over the odds. 

• Like 1