British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

Doubt it as its says they are sorting out a work permit etc....Troy already rides here!

There are 2 types of work visa valid for speedway. One allows doubling up, the other doesn't.

It could still be Troy and they are arranging for a change of visa type.

46 minutes ago, HenryW said:

There are 2 types of work visa valid for speedway. One allows doubling up, the other doesn't.

Sounds like you know more about that side of it than me....but I would be surprised if its him! :blink:

On 7/10/2021 at 9:14 PM, ruckerroo said:

Hes 50 +ffs, he was getting mullered in the nl 2-3 yrs ago. The worst signing of all time on a 5+ average. Not the only problem tho, heeps a major concern. Ive no idea how len will attract riders down there to fill the void, he wont pay over the odds. 

Actually Paul is 45, I know this because his birthday is almost the same as mine and he made his debut in1991 aged16, I was 19 at the time.

Edited by marko

59 minutes ago, HenryW said:

Troy is a British citizen so does not require any visas. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, marko said:

Actually Paul is 45, I know this because his birthday is almost the same as mine and he made his debut in1991 aged16, I was 19 at the time.

Paul Hurry has been riding grass track at the highest level every year as long as I can remember.  He was a top Speedway performer at Arena Essex

and was a big favourite there.  But he suffered some horrific injuries and it ia a credit to him that he wants to carry on racing. When the Kings lost Nico

Covatti and no surplus riders anywhere, he stepped into the breach.  I'm not certain, but I think he lives very close to the track. He has had a few very

poor meetings this year, but in the last couple of weeks has started to look like the rider he once was.  He has always been. favourite of mine and I

really hope he gets better and better.

16 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Paul Hurry has been riding grass track at the highest level every year as long as I can remember.  He was a top Speedway performer at Arena Essex

and was a big favourite there.  But he suffered some horrific injuries and it ia a credit to him that he wants to carry on racing. When the Kings lost Nico

Covatti and no surplus riders anywhere, he stepped into the breach.  I'm not certain, but I think he lives very close to the track. He has had a few very

poor meetings this year, but in the last couple of weeks has started to look like the rider he once was.  He has always been. favourite of mine and I

really hope he gets better and better.

Have to agree with you. He puts an amazing amount effort & commitment in to his racing & it would be good to see him get the points he deserves.  

2 hours ago, flipper11 said:

Troy is a British citizen so does not require any visas. 

Doh. Of course, you are right.

Troy got his British passport last year and now has dual Nationality. I completely forgot about that.

I guess it's definitely not Troy then :lol:

• Haha 2

You have to go back to Lakeside in 2016 in what was the equivalent of the NDL when Paul last rode competitive speedway before being signed by Len in 2021. How on earth he attracted a 5 average astounds me.

Some way to go if Paul is to even achieve that assessed figure this season. 

It honestly made me rather sad seeing Paul alst week struggling, after memories of seeing him in action at Lakeside.   I wish the lad a safe season and hope he doesnt suffer any more injuries to the long list he has already. 

On 7/24/2021 at 5:36 PM, old bob at herne bay said:

You have to go back to Lakeside in 2016 in what was the equivalent of the NDL when Paul last rode competitive speedway before being signed by Len in 2021. How on earth he attracted a 5 average astounds me.

Some way to go if Paul is to even achieve that assessed figure this season. 

It honestly made me rather sad seeing Paul alst week struggling, after memories of seeing him in action at Lakeside.   I wish the lad a safe season and hope he doesnt suffer any more injuries to the long list he has already. 

Actually, Paul was a member on occasions of the Kings team at NL level over the past couple of years.  How we view things in a different way.  I am always

delighted to see Paul in action.  No rider puts in more effort and in recent matches has shown the odd glimpse of getting his form back and has lost points he

should have earned through no fault of his own.  He was leading Edward Kennett last week when one of the flag men wrongly showed a red flag to completely

alter the final positions. Old Bob calls that struggling.   `still, at least Old Bob did get out of his armchair and pay his money. Take my hat off to him for that.

No mention yet of a guest for Heeps ,,,i hope he is not going to try again yet..seperated shoulders take  long time to heal sometimes they remain a perminate weakness ..

Who is the mystery rider with loads of British League experience, who would need a work permit?

Assuming the new rider does not ride in Poland, or in the Tuesday night top Swedish league, the only names I can come up with as possibles are:

A Czech - Matej Kus?

A Dane: Kenneth Hanson, Rene Bach, Mads Kornelliussen, Patrick Hougaard, or Lasse Bjerre?

An Aussie: Kozza Smith or Mason Campton?

It might well be that some of these might even have packed up the game by now! 

My best guess, assuming I am right in saying he doesn't ride in Sweden,  would be Lasse Bjerre.

Let's just hope Uncle Len pulls a worthwhile rabbit out of the hat!

7 minutes ago, hawks 1975 said:

Who is the mystery rider with loads of British League experience, who would need a work permit?

Assuming the new rider does not ride in Poland, or in the Tuesday night top Swedish league, the only names I can come up with as possibles are:

A Czech - Matej Kus?

A Dane: Kenneth Hanson, Rene Bach, Mads Kornelliussen, Patrick Hougaard, or Lasse Bjerre?

An Aussie: Kozza Smith or Mason Campton?

It might well be that some of these might even have packed up the game by now! 

My best guess, assuming I am right in saying he doesn't ride in Sweden,  would be Lasse Bjerre.

Let's just hope Uncle Len pulls a worthwhile rabbit out of the hat!

oh, they have some one lined up

22 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

I’ll put Sundstroms name in the hat? Since Len brought him to UK

Doubt it would be Sundstrom due to Swedish league meetings that he has to ride in on Tuesday & Thursdays 

If reports are correct that Rohan Tungate has been released from his Polish contract and is joining a Premiership team soon maybe he will be doing two leagues in the UK although he may have to drop Swedish league but may consider worth it for extra meetings he would get for Kent 

Massive respect to Paul Hurry for doing the sensible thing ....which is right for him and the team.

So two places to fill.

Will young Mulford come in?....I would prefer him to carry on with the Royals and his grass track commitments...he can still stay at No 8.

Wonder how many points the kings have to play with?