British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, blueherb777 said:

Watching him at Ipswich....how do you rate him?

Incredible natural talent that has not been fully unearthed due to a combination of niggling injury and (at his own admission until last year) personal preparation

Stepped up big time last year and showed much more of the rider he could/should be

All out racer that will get you off your seat most weeks. Will have the odd completely duff meeting for no apparent reason - and IMO getting rid of that trait is his next challenge 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

I would presume heeps would be at 3 and bacon at 2 the way the teams looking even so nicholls could still go to 5?

1 Rasmus Jensen 9.05

2 bacon 5.07

3 heeps 7.42

4 proctor 6.84

5 nicholls 8.14

6 ledwith 2.00

7 2 pointer Gilkes / Jenkins? 

Replace Jensen anc proctor insert Charles wright 9.35 Thomas jonnason

7 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Incredible natural talent that has not been fully unearthed due to a combination of niggling injury and (at his own admission until last year) personal preparation

Stepped up big time last year and showed much more of the rider he could/should be

All out racer that will get you off your seat most weeks. Will have the odd completely duff meeting for no apparent reason - and IMO getting rid of that trait is his next challenge 

Like that....typical Aussie attitude. :D:t:

6 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Very good assessment imo, I would just add if he can go from 1 or 2 starts out of 5 to 4 out of 5, he’d quite easily go from 3rd heat leader to no.1 material in championship! No one in this league he can’t beat but it’s easier from the front!

• Like 2

Another real racer to join Scotty and a fine gater - two excellent additions. Surely Ben Morley has to be a shoe-in at reserve, so by my maths that leaves over 14 posts for another heat leader and a second string. Alternatively I think Barker and Starke would fit, and give us strength in depth....... 

I don't know too much about Heeps, but he has now been in UK for quite a time, so should be familiar with all tracks.

So a good signing as an all-rounder, probably.  I do know about Tom Bacon having seen him in action at Sittingbourne.

As a visiting rider, he was very fast and hard to beat. Curious that he was never in the N.L. team.  Will be a good force

at home and is fast enough to beat many of his contemporaries away from home too. Good pick.

Bacon is a v gd gater, so is morley, both should be in kents side at a sharp gaters track

• Like 1

Really pleased to see Tom fixed up! A very good gater indeed and still not reached his full potential due to injuries. Great signing for Kent, I hope he/they do well.

6 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Really pleased to see Tom fixed up! A very good gater indeed and still not reached his full potential due to injuries. Great signing for Kent, I hope he/they do well.

And rides CP really well.....seen him not only beat Kents top riders around CP, but also do quick times.

24 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

And rides CP really well.....seen him not only beat Kents top riders around CP, but also do quick times.

I think Tom will hit a 7 average at home and 5/6 away. not bad for a 4.5 signing!

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

I think Tom will hit a 7 average at home and 5/6 away. not bad for a 4.5 signing!

If Tom Bacon achieved these numbers, it would be a tremendous result for the rider and the team.

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

He comes in on 5.03. 

At home in champ he averaged=3.76 

And away 4.5. So he has to improve by quite a lot. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, poolebolton said:

He comes in on 5.03. 

Those maths don't work out. How can he average less both home and away than his finishing average? Which increased last season too!

3 hours ago, poolebolton said:

He comes in on 5.03. 

That just shows that he wasn’t at a track suited to him last season compared to his rolling average. But he’s hit good scores at Kent in the past and his average will go up. 

Edited by Islander15
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

He stepped up last year coz he lost weight and certainly improved his fitness ! naturally gifted rider, but there's a lot to be said for preparation.....imo

• Like 1