British Speedway Forum

Interesting announcement from Kent this morning. They are  reimbursing season tickets already purchased for 2020 season.

Does Len think there won't be any speedway in 2020, or that it won't be a meaningful season, or some other reason?

1 minute ago, Richard Weston said:

Interesting announcement from Kent this morning. They are  reimbursing season tickets already purchased for 2020 season.

Does Len think there won't be any speedway in 2020, or that it won't be a meaningful season, or some other reason?

I would think that if/when the season starts, Championship fixtures will be reduced from the original number to what is considered viable depending on dates.

So refunding now and resuming with a new price if/when the new number of fixtures is confirmed is likely by most clubs I reckon.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I would think that if/when the season starts, Championship fixtures will be reduced from the original number to what is considered viable depending on dates.

So refunding now and resuming with a new price if/when the new number of fixtures is confirmed is likely by most clubs I reckon.

Seems to be a sensible move.  None of us know how many, if any, fixtures will actually take place, so a refund of money is entirely appropriate.

Depends how many he has sold I think?

He did have a lot of stick when launching late and for high cost (on here and social media).

Kent also sold a combined CL and NDL ticket, no option to buy one or other League. So he obviously realises just not enough matches can be fitted in now for both so either won't run NDL or CL. So may be announcement coming about no NDL who knows?

Nice bit of PR hopefully premature.

I think most Clubs will wait until end of May at least?

Clubs like Brummies have done a fair bit of stadium work, some of it vital safety work, so may have already spent some of my season ticket money so, I'd be happy to have a pro rata refund or even carry over to 2021 if that helps my Club.I appreciate some fans might want money back though.

Not many Promoters as rich as Len but if you're a Kent fan fair enough.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, HGould said:

He did have a lot of stick when launching late and for high cost (on here and social media).

Kent also sold a combined CL and NDL ticket, no option to buy one or other League. So he obviously realises just not enough matches can be fitted in now for both so either won't run NDL or CL. So may be announcement coming about no NDL who knows?

Clubs like Brummies have done a fair bit of stadium work, some of it vital safety work, so may have already spent some of my season ticket money so, I'd be happy to have a pro rata refund or even carry over to 2021 if that helps my Club.I appreciate some fans might want money back though.

Very generous of you to want to help Birmingham meet their prep' costs.  Doubt if many fans would feel the same way but I think the Brum promoters

already have another successful business ( no idea what it is), so, no different to Kent or anywhere else.

On 3/24/2020 at 6:00 PM, HGould said:

Out of interest what vital work as been done at Birmingham?

27 minutes ago, Crabba59 said:

Lots of work on Pits and Riders Car Park, lot of painting and cleaning of kick boards and replaced and cleaned various bits of air fence. Also some replacement of the temporary stands on first turn to meet new safety requirements with regular working groups most weekends.

I think Peter and David own Cleaning Contract Company covering London and South East where they are based.

Edited by HGould
Spelling predictive text
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Crabba59 said:

From what i understand we had a visit from the health and safety officer . As you may or may not know when they pick up certain things you have a period of time to show you have or are acting upon them , Birmingham Speedway been responsible done the necessary work immediately . 

1 minute ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

From what i understand we had a visit from the health and safety officer . As you may or may not know when they pick up certain things you have a period of time to show you have or are acting upon them , Birmingham Speedway been responsible done the necessary work immediately . 

Think all club's in the Midlands have had a visit from H&S. May have been after what happened at the Birmingham wheels,  not sure. 

2 minutes ago, HGould said:

Lots of work on Pits and Riders Car Park, lot of painting and cleaning of kick boards and replaced and cleaned various bits of air fence. Also some replacement of the temporary stands on first turn to meet new safety requirements with regular working groups most weekends.

I think Peter and David own Cleaning Contract Company covering London and South East where they are based.

The temporary stands have voids on the step risers . these have all had steel plates cut and fixed to cover voids . they also have a anti slip rubber matting on which have also had to be replaced. damaged nosing replaced with new . While not huge costs granted still a cost for no return .

• Like 1

There are a few pictures on the Brummies social media somewhere of theses works . Whilst i do not always agree with h/&s i do on this occasion. Considering the average age of the fans and the fact it can sometimes be pitch black when exiting the stadium . I feel the works necessary and sensible .   

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

There are a few pictures on the Brummies social media somewhere of theses works . Whilst i do not always agree with h/&s i do on this occasion. Considering the average age of the fans and the fact it can sometimes be pitch black when exiting the stadium . I feel the works necessary and sensible .   

What is the Birmingham news doing on the Kent page ?  Let's hear from Kent fans.  

19 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

What is the Birmingham news doing on the Kent page ?  Let's hear from Kent fans.  

I also thought this was a Kings thread.... not a brummie?

6 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Sorry to cause you so much pain reading 3 comments about another club . My Apologies but i was only responding to a comment posted on this thread . 

The attitude and narrow mindedness of speedway fans is partly the reason the sport is in disarray . Imagine not even having the capability to let a conversation deviate .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1