British Speedway Forum

5 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

All negativity hides behind "realism". 

Cute soundbite but completely false.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

All negativity hides behind "realism". 

No doubt we'll soon hear calls to give up on the 2021 season :-(

Some tracks will have lost less money this year.Its the riders that are the biggest losers.IMO

On 7/26/2020 at 7:14 PM, Fromafar said:

Some tracks will have lost less money this year.Its the riders that are the biggest losers.IMO

In this situation everyone is a loser and unless we see a vaccine within the next few weeks. we will all still be losers.

Just now, East End Fan said:

In this situation everyone is a loser and unless we see a vaccine within the next few weeks. we will all still be losers.

Very much doubt a vaccine will be generally available in a few weeks.

On 7/28/2020 at 1:02 PM, Fromafar said:

Very much doubt a vaccine will be generally available in a few weeks.

TV news on Sunday reported that 50% of the population would refuse to be innoculated anyway. Find that hard to believe and certainly

hard to accept.   There can be no doubt that the only way out of the present mess is for a nationally administered vaccine.

29 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

TV news on Sunday reported that 50% of the population would refuse to be innoculated anyway. Find that hard to believe and certainly

hard to accept.   There can be no doubt that the only way out of the present mess is for a nationally administered vaccine.

Personally can see why people would refuse.

13 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Why?

Probably for the reasons as people refused to give their kids the MMR inoculation, I’ve been offered the flu jab numerous times and have always refused it 

4 hours ago, East End Fan said:

So it takes 7-8 years to develop a vaccine to prove theres no side effects etc and you think its OK for the Government to force people to be vaccinated with something not fully tested

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Why?

Not everybody wants injected with a vaccine that has been rushed through and it’s their prerogative That is my opinion.Most medicines have side effects.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Not everybody wants injected with a vaccine that has been rushed through and it’s their prerogative That is my opinion.Most medicines have side effects.

Especially pharmaceuticals.

On 8/9/2020 at 8:41 PM, Fromafar said:

But isn't vaccination the only way out of the Coronavirus horror ?  We cannot look at the future without looking at an end to what we have been going through.

And not just medically.  Financially we can only get back to normal when people can live normally.  How do we do that without a vaccine ?  So although there

is an argument for not wishing to take a jab, the arguments in the other direction are IMO overwhelming.  Maybe one of those suggesting that they would not

take the vaccine tell us how else do we get back to a normal life ?  And MY normal life includes a weekly dose of Speedway..at present totally absent.

11 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

But isn't vaccination the only way out of the Coronavirus horror ?  We cannot look at the future without looking at an end to what we have been going through.

And not just medically.  Financially we can only get back to normal when people can live normally.  How do we do that without a vaccine ?  So although there

is an argument for not wishing to take a jab, the arguments in the other direction are IMO overwhelming.  Maybe one of those suggesting that they would not

take the vaccine tell us how else do we get back to a normal life ?  And MY normal life includes a weekly dose of Speedway..at present totally absent.

What horror? It ended months ago.

It's just the government, scaremongering media and idiots who think everyone is dropping dead still that prolong it.

You've just presented the entire reason why the current restrictions are in place.. not because they are necessary.. but to drive you to a vaccine.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

If the majority of people take the vaccine when approved and available, it should control it, but being harsh if the one's who don't they will either be lucky and not catch covid or will become ill or worse,  or at best recover and hopefully have some immunity, and the only ones they could pass it on to are like wise non participants of a vaccine. Maybe some people will have side effects with the vaccine, but that is the same with any vaccine but the whole picture would be far better with a vaccine than without, just hope the Oxford one is successful, would still have far more confidence in our processes than Russia, USA etc. Only horrible variable with all of this is if the virus keeps mutating, then it really will be with us in big way for a long time.

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, East End Fan said:

Just my opinion,common sense will keep the virus at bay ,it’s not going to disappear .Not saying vaccination won’t help.Its interesting that the Large Emergency Hospital’s set up to cope with the pandemic were really not required in this instance.I accept that it was a necessary precaution in this instance.Scotland’s Louisa Jordon seemingly had no admissions.Surely this 2nd wave will be able to to be kept in check with local measures.From what I have witnessed most people are going about there normal business taking the precautions .The Government are the people pulling the strings.Think it will be a while for normality to return.

I think the biggest panic is the State of the Health Service .They don’t want caught out.