British Speedway Forum

30 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

I think there is more to this than just the football,covid!

Like....the weather coming up,tannoy problems (continued problem for a while now),getting injured rider back and get another signing in...IMHO? :D:t::rolleyes:

p . s.....also these fixtures are now re-arranged hopefully when more can go!

Disappointing for me, though. It would have been my first time to Kent and probably the only meeting I was going to go to this year. 

7 hours ago, Grachan said:

I see that the reason given is because England are playing football on those nights which, alongside the Covid restrictions, will mean a low attendance.

That makes no sense. If they can't even meet the restricted figure because the football is on then Covid restrictions can't have anything to do with it.

Grachan.  What YOU say makes no sense. It is obvious to almost everyone on this thread that if attendances are a bit down because of Covid restrictions,

any other interference with attendances is intolerable, and England football on the telly is a huge interference. I am annoyed by the cancellations but fully

understand the reasons.

The real complaint is that the Euro fixtures have been known since February.

So why schedule matches against them I the first place?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Grachan.  What YOU say makes no sense. It is obvious to almost everyone on this thread that if attendances are a bit down because of Covid restrictions,

any other interference with attendances is intolerable, and England football on the telly is a huge interference. I am annoyed by the cancellations but fully

understand the reasons.

What I am saying is that if they can't even get enough people through the gate that the Covid restrictions allow for, then the Covid restrictions can't be the reason for the cancellation.

4 hours ago, Grachan said:

What I am saying is that if they can't even get enough people through the gate that the Covid restrictions allow for, then the Covid restrictions can't be the reason for the cancellation.

The point is that if the stadium is not using all the official allocation, then you ask Why.  Most people are thinking, maybe right maybe wrong, that there are a lot

of fans who simply do not want to book ahead.  They want to make their mind up on the day. So less people are paying.  Now add a huge sporting interference

such as an England game and running must be considered suicidal. It is not rocket science.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, arnieg said:

You'd think, after tonight's game, that a lot of folks would be looking for something else to do when England play their next match.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Shame after last weeks racing i was just starting to enjoy speedway again,but it has to be the right decision financially,,,Hopefully now they have time to sort out the vacant team position and come back stronger in a few weeks time....... 

18 hours ago, arnieg said:

Reading the press release I think Len was content to run against the football under normal conditions, but not when already under COVID restrictions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

Reading the press release I think Len was content to run against the football under normal conditions, but not when already under COVID restrictions.

Yes.  When the Government did not unlock as expected, it has hit a lot of clubs including Wolves and Birmingham. I agree with NeilWatson and I would not

be surprised to see other clubs having money troubles for the same reason.  No doubt difficult days for our sport.

Where do Kent go ,now that Andersen has signed for Berwick?

How many points have they got to play with?

With meetings coming up at Redcar and Poole...they need someone!!!

Edited by blueherb777
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

I think Kent have 7.22 to play with, Bacon 5.28 & 1.94 under the limit.  Shame Auty is on 7.48!

1 minute ago, flipper11 said:

I think Kent have 7.22 to play with, Bacon 5.28 & 1.94 under the limit.  Shame Auty is on 7.48!

Nobody would notice if we forgot about the 0.26 difference!!!! :D

40 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

Worry not Berwick have gone for Kasper not Hans.....to be fair i think Heeps will feature for a while longer and its only Bacon and Hurry that look likely to be replaced? Not sure what the rules are with replacing Hurry and continuing RR for Bacon? I still think Kinsley would benefit from the Number 2 jacket and can't score less than Hurry.

7 minutes ago, flipper11 said:

Hurry plus the odd bit fits. Sad thing is that Auty is a bit naff away from Scunny but would still bring another 5-6 points a meeting that could prove very handy.

2 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

Nobody would notice if we forgot about the 0.26 difference!!!! :D

:) Not sure when the averages change again but if Hurry has done enough matches to have a revised average I'm sure we will fit Auty in easily. (If he will still be available)