British Speedway Forum

10 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

Massive respect to Paul Hurry for doing the sensible thing ....which is right for him and the team.

So two places to fill.

Will young Mulford come in?....I would prefer him to carry on with the Royals and his grass track commitments...he can still stay at No 8.

Wonder how many points the kings have to play with?

What about Ryan Kinsley

1 hour ago, Trackerman48 said:

Think you may need to think again on that one ? RJ 72

Not who I was told. If this riders signs it’s a cracking signing

6 hours ago, flipper11 said:

If we have to get in another reserve I would sooner have Jason Edwards, now he has been sacked by Eastbourne, rather than JPB. 

If they need another 2.00 reserve think Edwards would be the best option!

I would say that given all the information available Troy Batchelor is almost certainly the big point rider to fill the gap as heat leader. but the reserve is another matter now that Edwards has been released by Eastbourne. However Mr Silver takes pride in producing young talented riders & he has a long history of success so it would not be a shock to see Jake Mulford promoted from the second team.

On 7/29/2021 at 9:24 AM, Marshall07 said:

He'd need another work permit for a second league though

On 7/29/2021 at 9:31 AM, Fromafar said:

Does Troy need a  work permit?

Pretty sure Troy is now a British citizen. I'm sure remember seeing a picture of him displaying his British passport.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Technik said:

I would say that given all the information available Troy Batchelor is almost certainly the big point rider to fill the gap as heat leader. but the reserve is another matter now that Edwards has been released by Eastbourne. However Mr Silver takes pride in producing young talented riders & he has a long history of success so it would not be a shock to see Jake Mulford promoted from the second team.

Well Mr Technik, I assume that you are guessing at the big name, but I agree with your other comments and, personally I would applaud the inclusion of

Mulford.  Those of us who are regulars at Central Park. ( as I am since Arena closed) will have noted the obvious talent in him. Still very raw, not yet a trapper

and unlikely to score very well in these early days, but given a bit of time, I'm sure we all think he is a winner.  I am guessing that Kent own his contract ? 

2 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Pretty sure Troy is now a British citizen. I'm sure remember seeing a picture of him displaying his British passport.

Troy definitely has a British passport he mention when he was a Guest on the podcast with Scott Nicholls and Shane Childs.

Go to around 20;30 and Troy tells them that he has now a British passport.

• Like 1

Any clues on this big new rider if it ain't Troy then??? The suspense... Nationality at least? Or would that give it away... I was thinking Linus Sundstrom, because he was well connected to Len in the Rye House days, dunno if he still is? But Kent is a Tuesday track :( So probably not...

5 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Well Mr Technik, I assume that you are guessing at the big name, but I agree with your other comments and, personally I would applaud the inclusion of

Mulford.  Those of us who are regulars at Central Park. ( as I am since Arena closed) will have noted the obvious talent in him. Still very raw, not yet a trapper

and unlikely to score very well in these early days, but given a bit of time, I'm sure we all think he is a winner.  I am guessing that Kent own his contract ? 

Yes of course I'm guessing but as I said given all the available information, He's looking for a second club, he's dropping his average, Kent need a big scorer & now have a space to fit him in. Yes I'm guessing but with nearly 14 points to play with why would you pick a 6.00 rider. I think Batch to Kent is the biggest odds on shot since the Lions played the Christians in Rome.

then with Mulford I agree he may not hit big scores but he is a Kent rider & it's fair to say that the damage has been done so far as the league & play offs are concerned. Mulford will command more local support than lets say Jason Edwards or JPB

19 minutes ago, Technik said:

Yes of course I'm guessing but as I said given all the available information, He's looking for a second club, he's dropping his average, Kent need a big scorer & now have a space to fit him in. Yes I'm guessing but with nearly 14 points to play with why would you pick a 6.00 rider. I think Batch to Kent is the biggest odds on shot since the Lions played the Christians in Rome.

then with Mulford I agree he may not hit big scores but he is a Kent rider & it's fair to say that the damage has been done so far as the league & play offs are concerned. Mulford will command more local support than lets say Jason Edwards or JPB

Where do you get 14 points from? Kent have 2.78 points plus the average of the replaced rider to use for changes, while Troy Batchelor’s converted average would be 11.10.

36 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Where do you get 14 points from? Kent have 2.78 points plus the average of the replaced rider to use for changes, while Troy Batchelor’s converted average would be 11.10.

Kent have to replace Hurry & Bacon. Hurry is on 5.72 & Bacon 5.14, plus the points to play with. So Troy on 11.10 would leave a bit for a reserve rider. Cant see it being Troy though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Biffa said:

Could it be Bradley Wilson Dean? 

That is an interesting idea. He is a New Zealander. I have the thought that he has some form of parental link to Britain which would  mean

that he does not need a visa.  This is a bit of guesswork and maybe there is someone who actually knows the situation. Would be a good

addition to the team.

5 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Sorry for not being spot on with the average. I just picked a ball park figure to express the points Kent have at their disposal & its closer to 14 than 7.