British Speedway Forum

The top end is considerably strengthened,,But the bottom end is considerably weakened..So on balance we are probably stronger, and something had to be done  ,We will see how it works out on tuesday........expect a big crowd for this oneI..... 

15 minutes ago, waco said:

The top end is considerably strengthened,,But the bottom end is considerably weakened..So on balance we are probably stronger, and something had to be done  ,We will see how it works out on tuesday........expect a big crowd for this oneI..... 

I don't feel the bottom end has considerably weakened. Even if it is weakened, as Hurry & r/r weren't scoring much, so Bachelor can match their scores & anything Mulford scores will be a bonus!

• Like 1

Yeah I would always for top heavy than average all the way through. Reserves can always improve too. 

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Aye Bradley Wilson Linus Sundstrom Batchellor signs for Kent... you will see a different Batch now and Sheffield should definitely see the benefit...

Regards 

THJ

Personally think he is where he is and didn't manipulate his average at Sheffield, not sure its the best signing for the championship on his average, if he doesn't bang in 12 plus points every meeting home and away for Kent it won't strengthen them overall, but last throw of the dice I suppose to resurrect the season for Kent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gazzac said:

Personally think he is where he is and didn't manipulate his average at Sheffield, not sure its the best signing for the championship on his average, if he doesn't bang in 12 plus points every meeting home and away for Kent it won't strengthen them overall, but last throw of the dice I suppose to resurrect the season for Kent.

Jury is out gaz... let's see what the next 4 to 6 weeks brings...

Regards 

THJ

3 hours ago, gazzac said:

You will be hoping you are wrong though:D:P

6 hours ago, screm said:

You have to wonder what Sheffield make of his shenanigans, and will we see his Sheffield scores improve. No doubt now Batchelor is in the Championship he will be making sure he has an average attractive enough for him to get a team place next season. As they say only in speedway.

A phone call to Kevin Doolan, should put him in the right direction ,he was the master at it IMO.;)

4 hours ago, gazzac said:

Hurry was scoring less than 3 points a match & r/r less than 4 points a match, so Batchelor doesn't need to score 12 points a match to strengthen Kent! If he gets an 8.00 ave Kent will be stronger!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Hurry was scoring less than 3 points a match & r/r less than 4 points a match, so Batchelor doesn't need to score 12 points a match to strengthen Kent! If he gets an 8.00 ave Kent will be stronger!

Put like that, szkocjasid, it makes perfect sense. When I first saw Batchelor's average, I thought he'd never live up to it so could be a poor move.  But seeing your view

of it and I now feel entirely different. Surely the Kings MUST be stronger ?

• Like 1

The proof of the pudding will be on tuesday night,,We beat Eastbourne recently with a good guest Kyle Howarth,,,so we should beat them again if Batchelor is the rider we hope he is  ?

15 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Put like that, szkocjasid, it makes perfect sense. When I first saw Batchelor's average, I thought he'd never live up to it so could be a poor move.  But seeing your view

of it and I now feel entirely different. Surely the Kings MUST be stronger ?

If there were riders on 8 + 5 averages available, it'd be a bad move to sign an 11.1 rider who won't hit that figure! But there wasn't many options out there!

• Like 1

An 8 and a 5 was the way to go, but as you say where would they find them ????

anyone else worrying about Heeps ?