British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teaboy279

2020 teams

23 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

Can’t see Leicester carrying on? The crowds were very low the few times I went there but they were against teams that you’d expect a small crowd 

Workington I think will enter a team 

riding where?

if the BSPA were anything but individuals they would do a 'rugby league' and support the likes of Buxton

1 hour ago, ch958 said:

if the BSPA were anything but individuals they would do a 'rugby league' and support the likes of Buxton

Why? and with whose money?

Speedway is a sport made up of individual clubs ( business's)  most of which lose money annually. Why ' support ' a business that closed down of its own accord?

The BSPA has no funds having blown their pot on the white elephant that was GTR engines, that's why they sold off Team GB and no longer support the youth championship

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Why? and with whose money?

Speedway is a sport made up of individual clubs ( business's)  most of which lose money annually. Why ' support ' a business that closed down of its own accord?

The BSPA has no funds having blown their pot on the white elephant that was GTR engines, that's why they sold off Team GB and no longer support the youth championship

In fairness if the BSPA looked at supporting the needs ( of all clubs rather than the big / more affluent few then maybe Buxton and alike would still be going i don't mean financially but by helping and maintaining rules so that all clubs can compete). 

As for the GTR fiasco all those involved should have one tied to each ankle and thrown into the nearest lake. 

• Haha 1

On 11/5/2019 at 12:00 PM, RS50 said:

If Buxton want to ride Sunday should not have to worry about competing with Sheffield. Possibly a few Stoke fans may fancy going to Buxton. Seems a bit more viable for them compared to previous season.

I could see a good 100 or so stoke fans going over to Buxton if they came back into the nl.

• Like 1

the income from Cardiff should be ringfenced for development of tracks at NL level - how else are we going to grow talent

3 minutes ago, ch958 said:

the income from Cardiff should be ringfenced for development of tracks at NL level - how else are we going to grow talent

What income from Cardiff?

BSI run that event .

BSPA don't get any money whatsoever from Cardiff,  the only people who make money are hotels bsi and pubs. 

51 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

What income from Cardiff?

BSI run that event .

That ship sailed years ago.

5 hours ago, ch958 said:

I assume you're alluding to the Rugby Football League's decision to take on the Odsal lease, thereby propping up basket case Bradford Bulls for an extra season or two. Thing is, Bradford are one of the Super League era's biggest names, attracting crowds in the fairly recent past up to 20,000. I've been a fairly regular visitor to Buxton, going back to the first season, when they raced at the stock car stadium. They were never well supported. Few, if any, crowds topped 150. You're hardly comparing like with like.

Out of interest, did anyone ever come across anyone at a Buxton meeting who was from Buxton? In my experience, most of the crowd travelled from Sheffield, Manchester, the Potteries, West Yorkshire (I drove over when I lived in Leeds) and southeast Derbyshire.

Edited by Piotr Pyszny

1 hour ago, pitstop84 said:

BSPA don't get any money whatsoever from Cardiff,  the only people who make money are hotels bsi and pubs. 

presumably BSI paid for the rights?

On 11/5/2019 at 6:27 PM, HGould said:

NDL motto should be "it aint over til the fat lady sings".

Can be a good product with 8 Teams and no certainty that Kent and Plymouth will be in CL or won't run CL and NDL as both said they may do and if Colts and Cubs return with Mildenhall and IOW  only needs Buston/Stoke and one other rumoured collaboration between Scunny/Sheffield and you have 8 sides

rumoured where please? think you may be dissapointed

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ScunnyDan said:

rumoured where please? think you may be dissapointed

Shame really would love to see a junior side back at scunny 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ch958 said:

presumably BSI paid for the rights?

To the F.I.M. the BSPA have nothing to do with the GP series (Financially).

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ch958 said:

riding where?

The north side training facility to made into a Buxton type track running on low costs?