British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teaboy279

2020 teams

10 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

The north side training facility to made into a Buxton type track running on low costs? 

Obvious choice and would be excellent if it were to happen, that said there are a lot of hoops to jump through before getting a track signed off.

39 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Obvious choice and would be excellent if it were to happen, that said there are a lot of hoops to jump through before getting a track signed off.

Be realistic, this will never happen even if I do like the idea of a NL team locally.

Track would need many, many upgrades to get a track certificate and then there's the usual number one problem.

Who is going to fund running a team?

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Who would go to Northside with its limited facilities. When NL racing was staged at Iwade, no one went. Yet a couple of miles down the road, they turn up in their droves to watch the same level at Central Park. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Who would go to Northside with its limited facilities. When NL racing was staged at Iwade, no one went. Yet a couple of miles down the road, they turn up in their droves to watch the same level at Central Park. 

Thought I read years ago that one of the conditions of the grants received to help build Northside was that professional racing was not allowed. Has that changed or was I just imagining it? 

31 minutes ago, HertsRacer said:

Thought I read years ago that one of the conditions of the grants received to help build Northside was that professional racing was not allowed. Has that changed or was I just imagining it? 

Not sure, i've only been there once, for the British youth championship a few years ago.

There are many threads saying that Speedway in this country is on a down hill slide. I would view the destruction of the NDL as the biggest threat to its continued existence in a form that means rebuilding is possible. You have to have the lower level leagues if you are ever going to be able improve what is above. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

There are many threads saying that Speedway in this country is on a down hill slide. I would view the destruction of the NDL as the biggest threat to its continued existence in a form that means rebuilding is possible. You have to have the lower level leagues if you are ever going to be able improve what is above. 

The only thing killing off the NL is the NL itself.

When certain clubs started to have a win at all costs attitude and paying way over the accepted rate then that was the start of the end.

One NL cub was paying a NL reserve more than a Championship second string was earning!

Look what's it's done to Buxton. The gready clubs are still gready and now they've killed off the opposition they have to move up or have no one to race.

How ridiculous is it we have a Premiership title winning rider allowed to ride in the NL?

The NL needs to save itself for the benefit of the next generation if there is to be one.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

The only thing killing off the NL is the NL itself.

When certain clubs started to have a win at all costs attitude and paying way over the accepted rate then that was the start of the end.

One NL cub was paying a NL reserve more than a Championship second string was earning!

Look what's it's done to Buxton. The gready clubs are still gready and now they've killed off the opposition they have to move up or have no one to race.

How ridiculous is it we have a Premiership title winning rider allowed to ride in the NL?

The NL needs to save itself for the benefit of the next generation if there is to be one.

Winning race in the NL gave Ellis Perks the confidence to go out and mix in the Championship and top division. It was a similar case, I recall, with Adam Ellis and look how he has grown.

So, not ridiculous at all.

• Like 1

Think it was more the amount of money that was paid.  And that is fact and that is what as killed off NL win at all costs

3 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Winning race in the NL gave Ellis Perks the confidence to go out and mix in the Championship and top division. It was a similar case, I recall, with Adam Ellis and look how he has grown.

So, not ridiculous at all.

Yes, ridiculous. 

If it's just about ' giving confidence ' why wasn't every other British youngster allowed to treble up?

Several others were barred from riding in the NL because of averages and ages, just makes a mockery of the sport having one rider allowed to treble up. No rider should be permitted to do it .

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Yes, ridiculous. 

If it's just about ' giving confidence ' why wasn't every other British youngster allowed to treble up?

Several others were barred from riding in the NL because of averages and ages, just makes a mockery of the sport having one rider allowed to treble up. No rider should be permitted to do it .

Who was barred and why?