British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

Hoping that as many of last season’s champions are back as possible.

Doyley, Ellis, Razzer & Perks must be back & Tobi if he does Britain.

Guess Troy will depend on the one over 8 being done away with & more than happy to have Claus back.

Agree with that group in the team, but will be unhappy if the one over eight excludes Batch. Will have to see what the AGM comes up with this year at its meeting.  

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

Agree with that group in the team, but will be unhappy if the one over eight excludes Batch. Will have to see what the AGM comes up with this year at its meeting.  

Whether it does or not, and it's incredibly harsh saying this, but we can't include Batch unless we are allowed to keep the same team. If we have to build to 42.50 and had Doyley and Batch then the tail will even longer than the team that started 2019. Feel bad saying that as Batch was so good last year and won a lot of people over. 

• Like 2

He’s won over me Coombers....I’ve not been a fan of his for a few years now. But, .in his defence, he’s certainly a better team rider than Doyle is. Trouble is, I reckon Batch is a better rider when he has a genuine number one in the team who can take the pressure week in, week out, and who rarely has a poor meeting (like Batch does from time to time)  

Unfortunately, we all know the champions will be broken up and although hope and sentiment keeps our interest, I can’t see any chance of the team remaining together. 

11 hours ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

He’s won over me Coombers....I’ve not been a fan of his for a few years now. But, .in his defence, he’s certainly a better team rider than Doyle is. Trouble is, I reckon Batch is a better rider when he has a genuine number one in the team who can take the pressure week in, week out, and who rarely has a poor meeting (like Batch does from time to time)  

Unfortunately, we all know the champions will be broken up and although hope and sentiment keeps our interest, I can’t see any chance of the team remaining together. 

Yeah Batch is the best number 5 out there. Always been good when he had Doyle or Ward with him. We should never Doyley as long as he wants to ride for us though. 

Whatever the team average they decide it wouldn’t put me off having Doyley signed & sealed.

I certainly don’t want him going to another club as Swindon win leagues with him in the team.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

Doyley, Razza, Ellis, perks are the 4 I’d go with 

I’d have Tobi as well if he wants to ride in Britain.

• Like 2

On 11/8/2019 at 10:00 AM, Crazy robin said:

Hoping that as many of last season’s champions are back as possible.

Doyley, Ellis, Razzer & Perks must be back & Tobi if he does Britain.

Guess Troy will depend on the one over 8 being done away with & more than happy to have Claus back.

I hated that rule when it ruled out M Zager coming back to us, still hate it now and I hope You lot can keep both Doyle and Batch.

• Like 1

Tobi quit Briton I heard. 

Cant imagine there will be to many changes so probably 

Doyle

Batch/kurtz

Jensen

A ellis

C vissing

E perks

A rowe if batch. Or someone better if kurtz 

Swindon should be able  to keep their side together if they want and the rest should be able to then build up to that level, how longer can the product keep being watered down?

• Like 3

DOYLE could end up riding Sunday (Poland), Monday (GB), Tuesday (Sweden), Wednesday (Denmark) and Thursday (GB). That's a lot of travel let alone racing even for a workaholic like JD.

14 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

DOYLE could end up riding Sunday (Poland), Monday (GB), Tuesday (Sweden), Wednesday (Denmark) and Thursday (GB). That's a lot of travel let alone racing even for a workaholic like JD.

Unlikely. The Danish League is becoming virtually entirely Danish. The match I attended this year was contested between two all Danish teams. 

The only foreign riders to appear regularly in the DSL were Jaimon Lidsey, Kevin Wolbert and Luke Becker.

4 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Unlikely. The Danish League is becoming virtually entirely Danish. The match I attended this year was contested between two all Danish teams. 

The only foreign riders to appear regularly in the DSL were Jaimon Lidsey, Kevin Wolbert and Luke Becker.

DOYLE has signed for a Danish team