British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

Yep. Doyle signed for holstead

39 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Unlikely. The Danish League is becoming virtually entirely Danish. The match I attended this year was contested between two all Danish teams. 

The only foreign riders to appear regularly in the DSL were Jaimon Lidsey, Kevin Wolbert and Luke Becker.

Hasn’t Jo Swinson’s Husband signed for a Danish club?  :)

23 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Yep. Doyle signed for holstead

Ellis and Grajczonek also signed in Denmark.

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

DOYLE has signed for a Danish team

Yes, he has, but will be sharing the #1 duties with Nicki Pedersen....

Not like you to not tell the full story, Phil, especially as its on your employers website.....

https://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/7929/doyles-danish-deal

Aussie ace Jason Doyle is on his way to Denmark for 2020 after joining Holsted’s squad.

The Newcastle-born racer is set to share the No.1 berth with triple world champion Nicki Pedersen and will only race a limited number of fixtures.

Doyle has already agreed terms with Vastervik in the Swedish Elitserien and has made no secret that he’s keen to stay with Swindon in the UK. He has also been heavily linked to Polish side Czestochowa.

A busy schedule suits the 2017 world champion and he’s looking forward to playing a part for the Danish Tigers.

He said: “I am excited to announce I have signed a contract with Holsted Tigers in the Danish Super League. I will not be racing the full season in Denmark but just a few matches.

“I am super happy to have the opportunity to race for one of Denmark’s prestigious speedway clubs. See you all in 2020! It’s going to be a great year!”

He will indeed race on Wednesdays in Denmark, but its not going to be every week, even more so when you consider that Holsted raced 10 fixtures last year prior to the Danish Play Offs, so Jason will probably have 5 or so matches for Holsted...

33 minutes ago, jeffster said:

Yes, he has, but will be sharing the #1 duties with Nicki Pedersen....

Not like you to not tell the full story, Phil, especially as its on your employers website.....

https://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/7929/doyles-danish-deal

Aussie ace Jason Doyle is on his way to Denmark for 2020 after joining Holsted’s squad.

The Newcastle-born racer is set to share the No.1 berth with triple world champion Nicki Pedersen and will only race a limited number of fixtures.

Doyle has already agreed terms with Vastervik in the Swedish Elitserien and has made no secret that he’s keen to stay with Swindon in the UK. He has also been heavily linked to Polish side Czestochowa.

A busy schedule suits the 2017 world champion and he’s looking forward to playing a part for the Danish Tigers.

He said: “I am excited to announce I have signed a contract with Holsted Tigers in the Danish Super League. I will not be racing the full season in Denmark but just a few matches.

“I am super happy to have the opportunity to race for one of Denmark’s prestigious speedway clubs. See you all in 2020! It’s going to be a great year!”

He will indeed race on Wednesdays in Denmark, but its not going to be every week, even more so when you consider that Holsted raced 10 fixtures last year prior to the Danish Play Offs, so Jason will probably have 5 or so matches for Holsted...

WAS just pointing out that it is possible that Jason will race five days on the trot ... and will love every minute of it. 

unlike Tai, whose cut back on his racing, will be interesting to see if the lack of competitive league racing hinders or helps his GP racing.

5 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WAS just pointing out that it is possible that Jason will race five days on the trot ... and will love every minute of it. 

Jason is becoming similar to what the likes of NKI/Hans Anderson did for years AT a similar stage i.e ride 4 leagues for a lot of the weeks of the season plus ride/rode in their local Champ as well as SEC/SGP qualifiers and team events. Jason also no longer needs to go to Aussie to qualify for SGP while he stays in that top 8 and even if he missed out one season I think he would get at least one year as a Wildcard having been WC in 2017.

Doyle is now 34 and in the area where he will want to maximise his earnings over the next 5/10 years while he is still in reasonably top form.

Considering he also lives in UK with his Wife is another good reason to keep UK going. Plus as many would agree Doyle rides for himself as arguably not a real team rider. But some would say what the hell as long as he bangs in such high scores every week and has decent team members around him who don't need so much protection.

Maybe if his POL and SGP Form was to suffer he would maybe consider reviewing it.

4 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Jason is becoming similar to what the likes of NKI/Hans Anderson did for years AT a similar stage i.e ride 4 leagues for a lot of the weeks of the season plus ride/rode in their local Champ as well as SEC/SGP qualifiers and team events. Jason also no longer needs to go to Aussie to qualify for SGP while he stays in that top 8 and even if he missed out one season I think he would get at least one year as a Wildcard having been WC in 2017.

Doyle is now 34 and in the area where he will want to maximise his earnings over the next 5/10 years while he is still in reasonably top form.

Considering he also lives in UK with his Wife is another good reason to keep UK going. Plus as many would agree Doyle rides for himself as arguably not a real team rider. But some would say what the hell as long as he bangs in such high scores every week and has decent team members around him who don't need so much protection.

Maybe if his POL and SGP Form was to suffer he would maybe consider reviewing it.

Spot in with that I would say..

And especially as Doyle was somewhat of a 'late developer', I am sure he will try to maximise his earnings over the next few years even more..

The likes of Tai will, at a relatively early age, have made a fair few quid and if the Poland deals dry up will still have plenty of years ahead of him, and be very much still in demand, to go back to doing 'lots of leagues' if he so wishes...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Doyle may not be a team rider on track - his attitude is it’s his job to win races , but he for sure is a team man, always helping and guiding younger team riders and helping in the pits

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

Doyle may not be a team rider on track - his attitude is it’s his job to win races , but he for sure is a team man, always helping and guiding younger team riders and helping in the pits

You are probably correct.

He concentrates on maximising scores on the track, but may well be a good team man in the pits and with younger riders. 

As a Poole supporter I would love to have seen him riding for us in recent years, as we kind of brought him through in his earlier career and didn't benefit from  what we have seen over the last 6 or so  years. Was always an excellent gater but got overtaken too often. It's like a new rider suddenly awoke and he is now one hell of an aggresive (but fair) rider who is not the kind of guy to be messed with. How I wish we had seen that when he was say 23/26 years old. 

Indeed a late developer and a standard bearer for any young rider that you should never give up. We are sometimes to quick to write off riders who don't quickly turn into World class riders after they hit 25 but this guy is a shining light that you can develop into World Class if you have the mental strength to do it. He has proved that it can be done and gives hope to many.

You could argue similar with Madsen when at Poole, who again was a good gater but displayed similar traits in his early 20's to Doyle in being overtaken too often. Look how he developed in POL and on the World stage.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

You are probably correct.

He concentrates on maximising scores on the track, but may well be a good team man in the pits and with younger riders. 

As a Poole supporter I would love to have seen him riding for us in recent years, as we kind of brought him through in his earlier career and didn't benefit from  what we have seen over the last 6 or so  years. Was always an excellent gater but got overtaken too often. It's like a new rider suddenly awoke and he is now one hell of an aggresive (but fair) rider who is not the kind of guy to be messed with. How I wish we had seen that when he was say 23/26 years old. 

Indeed a late developer and a standard bearer for any young rider that you should never give up. We are sometimes to quick to write off riders who don't quickly turn into World class riders after they hit 25 but this guy is a shining light that you can develop into World Class if you have the mental strength to do it. He has proved that it can be done and gives hope to many.

You could argue similar with Madsen when at Poole, who again was a good gater but displayed similar traits in his early 20's to Doyle in being overtaken too often. Look how he developed in POL and on the World stage.

Doyley carried his rotator cuff injury for far too long when he was at Poole as well as being in the shadow of a couple of other superb riders. His form and will to win really only started once he had the op.

The other key thing was meeting Emily and settling down!!

Edited by Skidder1

Jase was the bonus point king at Swindon, shepherded home Adam so many times. Could always be relied on in last heat, and most of the time didn't have to bovver as Swindon had it wrapped up well before. Helpful in the pits. Seems to have put his differences with Rosco aside now. Nice guy to chat to as well. Certainly in my Robins 7 of all-time. Rides injured a lot but ard as nails.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 4

Doyle has always been a skilful rider but as others have said shoulder injuries definitely hindered progress earlier in his career, he then had a couple of seasons injury free and really progressed and got more opportunities in Sweden and Poland towards the end of a season

the turning point imo came the season after that when the visa people messed him around and he could only ride one league and not double up in uk - he chose the top league and was now riding on the continent. I think it was this point when it kind of forced him to look upwards and further himself on the world stage - the then premier league was easy money for him, now he had to be that much better to ensure he was bringing home the money,  he grabbed the bull by the horns and his whole career kicked on from there culminating I’m becoming world champion 

you could argue Craig cook reached a very similar crossroads a season or two ago and couldn’t quite take it to another level and is now back taking easy the Money in championship

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Doyle has always been a skilful rider but as others have said shoulder injuries definitely hindered progress earlier in his career, he then had a couple of seasons injury free and really progressed and got more opportunities in Sweden and Poland towards the end of a season

the turning point imo came the season after that when the visa people messed him around and he could only ride one league and not double up in uk - he chose the top league and was now riding on the continent. I think it was this point when it kind of forced him to look upwards and further himself on the world stage - the then premier league was easy money for him, now he had to be that much better to ensure he was bringing home the money,  he grabbed the bull by the horns and his whole career kicked on from there culminating I’m becoming world champion 

you could argue Craig cook reached a very similar crossroads a season or two ago and couldn’t quite take it to another level and is now back taking easy the Money in championship

Dave Norris was another who after ten years or so became an 'overnight sensation'...:D

Like a light bulb had been switched on and he suddenly knuckled down and realised how good he could be..

It will be interesting to see if Max Fricke does give the UK a miss to concentrate on Poland as has been rumoured, as that is similar I would suggest as all the Aussies used to do by coming over here when the UK was the global 'place to be'...

Sink or Swim does focus the mind somewhat and in the long term it could pay huge benefits..