British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

Batchtastic:DMuesli said he's not coming back. Be great if they can fit Adam and Rastus in.

Edited by auntie doris

49 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Sedgy's converted champ average will be 3.12. Him & Perks at reserve perhaps.

38 minutes ago, DC2 said:

I make it 3.25 unless he gets the 2.5% discount?

Nielsen should be on a converted 3 as although we signed him on 3.81 this year he didn’t complete a race in the PL.

34 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

I'll be honest I thought that the conversion rate was 60% of his champ average which finished at 5.2. 

Non British rider so his average can be no lower than 4

Mind you I wouldn't want him even on a 3

57 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Will happily take Jensen or Tobi at Ipswich if either miss out

57 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Big mistake for me signing Troy, because

a) we need to drop four points from the team and he was the obvious start;

b) he’s not likely to improve on his average;

c) Rasmus is the likely victim despite averaging almost the same as Troy at home and saving us almost a point on team building in comparison;

d) Rasmus is the more likely to improve, especially away.

Troy’s average 8.75 (home 9.08, away 8.41)

Rasmus’ average 7.86 (home 9.04, away 6.54)

Rosco frequently makes the wrong call with team building and he’s done it again, although it’s possibly down to Batch being cheaper regarding flights.

Musielak is still on an attractive average and a must for me, so I hope he doesn’t join Rasmus in the cost cutter bin.

I was shouted down on various threads for suggesting Jensen could find himself frozen out due to such a dramatic improvement in 2019 - seems it's likely to be the case now

Would also be a huge risk for any other club looking at his home/away split. Could easily end up dropping at least half a point

For that reason as they say on Dragons Den - I'm out!!

I have to say I am pleased to see Batchelor and Doyle back. Mighty impressed with Batch last season. He’s always looked good, even in his early days, but watching him last season he looks a tremendous rider now. He can be relied upon to deliver when it matters, and he did so last season.

Another potent spearhead for the Robins  Surely Adam Ellis, Perks and Jensen will join them now  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Not keen on that side cannot see that side winning the league.

I have put a few caveats in to the line up but the line up is the bare minimum we should expect to see.

Alpen, on his average, is a must. If we get him in to the line up, I’d say we start as favourites. The fact that Rosco alluded to him coming back (I am referencing something I have seen, it might have been earlier on this thread) would suggest he’s having a chat with Alpen and Toruń to see if we can sort the fixtures to enable him to ride here. 

Just to reiterate what Rosco says in the SS this week - "At no time has Musielak said that he would give British racing a miss in 2020"!

It would seem that Musielak's comments when interviewed after a poor performance at Peterborough were misinterpreted by some to mean that he wouldn't ride UK again! 

The fact that Rosco has made a point of clarifying it may lead some down a particular team building route - even though Alun also says he could ride elsewhere in UK!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Just to reiterate what Rosco says in the SS this week - "At no time has Musielak said that he would give British racing a miss in 2020"!

It would seem that Musielak's comments when interviewed after a poor performance at Peterborough were misinterpreted by some to mean that he wouldn't ride UK again! 

The fact that Rosco has made a point of clarifying it may lead some down a particular team building route - even though Alun also says he could ride elsewhere in UK!!

If Rosco allowed Alpen to ride elsewhere in the UK on his current average, I will drive him personally to the GWH for an immediate assessment.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

they have obviously abandoned the one rider over 8 points rule.

First thing I thought when I saw the announcement. Well done to the BSPA by making all the rules clear in their statement....... not.

Surprised that Troy is back with a potential exposed bottom end. Great for heats 13 and 15 tho.

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Must admit I’ve never seen or heard any comments from him saying he wasn’t coming back. Seems some have ruled him out without reason. 

11 minutes ago, pitstop84 said:

Think the one over 8 rule was taken out last season was it not? 

It was there last season. I remember someone mentioning it during the season and then checking it was there.

17 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Must admit I’ve never seen or heard any comments from him saying he wasn’t coming back. Seems some have ruled him out without reason. 

There was an interview - I think in the local paper - where he said something that hinted he would not ride here next year. I can't remember the exact comment, but a lot of people interpreted it that way.

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

I would go with that with Perks as well with two others.

Agreed then just need someone to improve a bit in lower order and ur in play offs no problem.

15 minutes ago, Grachan said:

There was an interview - I think in the local paper - where he said something that hinted he would not ride here next year. I can't remember the exact comment, but a lot of people interpreted it that way.

It was in an interview in the programme. Hinted he wanted to concentrate on Poland as he has been made Extraliga offers (this was before he signed for Torun). This will be why people & putting 2 & 2 together

6 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

It was in an interview in the programme. Hinted he wanted to concentrate on Poland as he has been made Extraliga offers (this was before he signed for Torun). This will be why people & putting 2 & 2 together

Plus he`s signed for Lejonen in Sweden(didn`t do Sweden last year)