British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

Can’t quite get my head around this it’s a bit bizarre. You had to shed how many points off your total? All logic says you do that by dropping one of your heatleaders on expensive averages. As has been said, I don’t see improvement in any of the three signed. 

Jensen has been knocking around for a few years now and only last season looked the real deal. Swindon need to hope that wasn’t just a purple patch otherwise they’ll be up sh!t creek. 

Edited by Steve Irving

3 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

Can’t quite get my head around this it’s a bit bizarre. You had to shed how many points off your total? All logic says you do that by dropping one of your heatleaders on expensive averages. As has been said, I don’t see improvement in any of the three signed. 

Jensen has been knocking around for a few years now and only last season looked the real deal. Swindon need to hope that wasn’t just a purple patch otherwise they’ll be up sh!t creek. 

Would expect some early season changes once the averages start dropping. 

That’s going to be some tail. 

21 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

That’s going to be some tail. 

Dont worry about the tail Bagpuss we are going to score about 40 pts plus everyweek even on a bad day.Our strength is in heats 13/15 and at reserve we have in Ellis Perks a rider  who can improve again.At reserve with that top end strength some weeks we can afford for our reserves to only have to score   5/7 points between them.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Good to see Rasmus back. Surely Ellis has to be in the side, too, which leaves three 3 pointers at the bottom end.

I will not be happy is Adam Ellis gets left out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Dont worry about the tail Bagpuss we are going to score about 40 pts plus everyweek even on a bad day.Our strength is in heats 13/15 and at reserve we have in Ellis Perks a rider  who can improve again.At reserve with that top end strength some weeks we can afford for our reserves to score between 5/7 points between them.

Assuming he is at reserve, Sidney. Perks may well be in the top 5.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

Why are people obsessed with only riders who can improve if Rasser averages the same that is anough.Adam Ellis can up his average easily he had tape exclusion's that cost him points there are not that many riders around who can improve anough to make a difference in you winning a league.Doyley, Batch, Rasser, Adam, Ellis P myself personally i am chuffed with that five.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Good to see Rasmus back. Surely Ellis has to be in the side, too, which leaves three 3 pointers at the bottom end.

I will not be happy is Adam Ellis gets left out.

Same here. Still can't see him being left out but would be fuming if he was 

18 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Assuming he is at reserve, Sidney. Perks may well be in the top 5.

If Alun goes a different way and does not include Adam this time maybe that could give us more scope.? Myself personally i believe Rasser is a nailed on third heat leader where Adam as yet to prove that he is some real tough calls for Alun/Lee.

Just now, Sidney the robin said:

If Alun goes a different way and does not include Adam this time maybe that could give us more scope.? Myself personally i believe Rasser is a nailed on third heat leader where Adam as yet to prove that he is some real tough calls for Alun/Lee.

The way Adam rode towards the end of the year makes him a "must" in my opinion.

I would say Adam next, then Ellis Perks, then a couple of 3 pointers with a view to bringing Vissing in during the season.

• Like 3

Just now, Grachan said:

The way Adam rode towards the end of the year makes him a "must" in my opinion.

I would say Adam next, then Ellis Perks, then a couple of 3 pointers with a view to bringing Vissing in during the season.

The three pointers Grachan is that stupid rule still  in place stopping riders who have still yet to average a certain figure in the championship? I would of thought Pickering, Stewart, Jeppesen were riders who would appeal but on what average.?