British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

It’s likely to be two weak reserves but Rosco got round that last season and won the league (I accept signing Jensen was the main reason) so I don’t think too many Swindon fans will be concerned. My only worry would be as mentioned if Jensen can maintain his 2019 form, that’s a fat average to live up to for a fairly unestablished rider.  

Swindon weren’t even sure to even be in the play offs for a chunk of the season, and that was with Batchelor riding way above his average. It was only when Jensen came in and he also rode way above his average that they moved upwardly mobile. 

Neither of those two will ride above their starting averages next season. You don’t find a Jensen mid season every year but I think they’re going to need to find another one. As Swindon proved, it’s not how you start the season it’s how you finish and I’m almost certain they’ll make changes mid season. 

48 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Anders Rowe must be a good shout now for a reserve berth

He could do two  league's and gain real experience this year which will help him in the longrun.A big ask though but i think he could surprise at home.

15 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Three excellent signings..well done Swindon, the team to beat again, fantastic club and fantastic fans

Is  Shovlar included amongst the budgie fans doris? he might jump ship again who knows.

2 hours ago, Grachan said:

Assuming he is at reserve, Sidney. Perks may well be in the top 5.

Ellis will be at reserve IF back 

Delighted to have Jensen back, superb last season and entertained us no end! To me this signals Musielak giving the UK a miss as I expect Adam Ellis to be back next season.

So, looks like we're going top heavy, and I'm happy with that. Not necessarily a proven road to success, but I'm happy that there looks to be some good continuity in the team and that a good chunk of the double winning team is being retained despite having to cut back to 42.5 again.

To me, it shows riders are happy riding for the Club and those returning are crowd favourites. A cheeky 4 pointer in there at 2 and then it'll be a Rowe or Kemp signing to partner Ellis Perks at reserve. Perks form at the tail end of the season suggests he can push on further as well. Not sure what 4 pointers are out there but Jeppesen seems highly rated if a possibility. If not then possibly a Stewart or Pickering signing (I've not looked too closely at averages) and I think there will be a feel good factor continuing.

Doyle

Stewart

Jensen

Ellis

Batch

Perks

Rowe

;)

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Dont worry about the tail Bagpuss we are going to score about 40 pts plus everyweek even on a bad day.Our strength is in heats 13/15 and at reserve we have in Ellis Perks a rider  who can improve again.At reserve with that top end strength some weeks we can afford for our reserves to only have to score   5/7 points between them.

There you go, Sidney, arguing against what’s staring you in the face.

No logic to this team building.

Right decision keeping the top 4 pressuming adam ellis signs,i think very powerfull should get swindon through most meetings

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Anders Rowe must be a good shout now for a reserve berth

I thought you were hot on the minimum averages!

Anders hasn’t achieved CL 4.8 yet so he can’t have a 3 average.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DC2 said:

You said that last year and we were a winner if i remember rightly you once slated Doyley last year you said you did not rate him says it all really.

2 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

You said that last year and we were a winner if i remember rightly you once slated Doyley last year you said you did not rate him says it all really.

I wouldn't stress too much Sidney, DC2 isn't the oracle on all things Swindon/Speedway as he'd like to think

Just now, Reliant Robin said:

I wouldn't stress too much Sidney, DC2 isn't the oracle on all things Swindon/Speedway as he'd like to think

Maybe he is Robin who knows.!!!!

17 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Logic - a particular way of thinking, especially one that is reasonable and based on good judgment:

I think the logic is in the continuity of a double winning team and giving us fans as much of what we want as is possible within team building limits

Edited by Reliant Robin
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DC2 said:

I thought you were hot on the minimum averages!

Anders hasn’t achieved CL 4.8 yet so he can’t have a 3 average.

Unless another change in the rules has not been reported anywhere

26 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Doyle

Stewart

Jensen

Ellis

Batch

Perks

Rowe

;)

You may be close with that.