British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

Pickering, Stewart or even a fit Sedgy is not a bad rider to have a choice of.

I can’t see that Ellis isn’t coming back as he would’ve been announced by another team in the same crowing way Wolves announced Douglas.

I also hope that Adam is back as he has proved me wrong & was fantastic at the end of season.

25 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Briggo and Crump senior does.!!!

Before my time I'm afraid although Phil Crump was my Dad's fav rider!!!

2 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Pickering, Stewart or even a fit Sedgy is not a bad rider to have a choice of.

I can’t see that Ellis isn’t coming back as he would’ve been announced by another team in the same crowing way Wolves announced Douglas.

I also hope that Adam is back as he has proved me wrong & was fantastic at the end of season.

Won't have to hope too hard CR! 

• Like 1

Personally I have never ever seen a better team rider than Leigh Adams. Absolute master at what is a difficult skill. As pointed out, Adams averaged an amazing 10 points per meeting consistently, and over several seasons. 

It’s very difficult to compare riders from different eras though. Doyle I would say is more mean and aggressive than Adams ( although again, Leigh was more aggressive than for example Martin Ashby. I remember watching the Ray Wilson/ Ashby run off in the British final at Coventry which decided the final place in the World Final at Wembley. There’s no doubt in my mind that Ashby would’ve won that classic race but he was too nice to Wilson, and allowed him through on the last bend. 

That said, how lucky have we been at Swindon over the years to see such great and genuine class number ones. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think one of the best on a 4.35 average is jye etheridge had a cracking season for berwick and belle vue later in the season 

1. Jason Doyle          8.96    AUS
2.                                 4.00    AUS
3. Rasmus Jensen   7.86    DEN
4. Adam Ellis             6.33    GBR
5. Troy Batchelor      8.82    AUS
6. James Shanes      3.00   GBR
7. Ellis Perks              3.48   GBR

Fill in the number 2 spot with Josh Pickering or Jordan Stewart and it's a pretty good team

I wonder if Keynan Rew would do a job... Or maybe one of the young Aussies that rode for Sheffield last year? Lots of options and that tail isn't too bad... Especially of Jordan Stewart is the option... Great rider and I think many would be surprised how entertaining and solid he really is... As has been mentioned... Hopefully Rasmus' year last year wasn't just a one off purple patch... Or the promotion are screwed xD

Can Anders Rowe come in on a 2.00? If so, swap him for Shanes and put Claus Vissing or Kristian Pieszczek at number 2? Might be a bit early of Anders, but it would be a nice challenge for him...

Edited by Dandelion

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

I thought you were hot on the minimum averages!

Anders hasn’t achieved CL 4.8 yet so he can’t have a 3 average.

I reckon it will be removed as a concession around not being able to retain the same 7

2 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

Ellis will be at reserve IF back 

I know it’s a numbers game and not everybody can return but Perks surely has to be in the team, has the potential to up his average considerably. 

Risky signing. 

Fans will be happy but from a business perspective it's a risky move. No chance of maintaining the 7.86 starting GSA and signing Rasumus also means the tail end of the team will be the weakest in the league.

Original tail end back fired last year. You managed to strike gold by signing an in form Rasmus last year which turned things around. Wont happen again though. 

Cue the triggered replies.

Edited by Rockstar99
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

1. Jason Doyle          8.96    AUS
2.                                 4.00    AUS
3. Rasmus Jensen   7.86    DEN
4. Adam Ellis             6.33    GBR
5. Troy Batchelor      8.82    AUS
6. James Shanes      3.00   GBR
7. Ellis Perks              3.48   GBR

Fill in the number 2 spot with Josh Pickering or Jordan Stewart and it's a pretty good team

I wonder if Keynan Rew would do a job... Or maybe one of the young Aussies that rode for Sheffield last year? Lots of options and that tail isn't too bad... Especially of Jordan Stewart is the option... Great rider and I think many would be surprised how entertaining and solid he really is... As has been mentioned... Hopefully Rasmus' year last year wasn't just a one off purple patch... Or the promotion are screwed xD

Can Anders Rowe come in on a 2.00? If so, swap him for Shanes and put Claus Vissing or Kristian Pieszczek at number 2? Might be a bit early of Anders, but it would be a nice challenge for him...

Pickering average would be more like 4.65 I believe 

6 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

Risky signing. 

Fans will be happy but from a business perspective it's a risky move. No chance of maintaining the 7.86 starting GSA and signing Rasumus also means the tail end of the team will be the weakest in the league.

Original tail end back fired last year. You managed to strike gold by signing an in form Rasmus last year which turned things around. Wont happen again though. 

Cue the triggered replies.

As the fans are a big part of the business, surely bringing back the 'fans voted rider of the year' makes perfect sense from a business perspective?

And when you say it won't happen again...do you mean signing the right rider at the right time? Kind of like Musielak in 2017. Surely lightning can't strike twice? Or would that make it three times?

Hopefully it won't need to happen again, as if it can be a Stewart type signing in there then I think we'll be ok

How many points have we got left to play with ? we look a bit Pamela Anderson 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, orion said:

Yeah, but at least the Robins top end is real and not inflated ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

If Adam & Eliis qualify for the 2.5% reduction (and I can't see why they wouldn't as Kyle Haworth does) it would leave us 7 points for 2 spots. A 4 & a 3 perhaps.

The club have already confirmed that they want to keep continuity for 2020 so I would imagine Adam & Ellis are in. This alos goes along with what Rosco said about 2 changes.

Edited by hyabb17

28 minutes ago, orion said:

I believe she had them reduced again didn’t she.....maybe Dolly Parton instead. 

• Haha 1