British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

14 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

Swindon fans getting triggered.

Sorry but as the saying goes...….The truth hurts.

images.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

Yes, we won the league in 2017 & 2019......That my friend is the truth. 

• Like 2

I don't know why all of you are getting triggered.

I spoke the truth and the truth hurts. 

If Wolves won the 2017 Grand Final when Swindon were missing Jason Doyle & Nick Morris then I would say the exact same thing. It's a fact.

9.29 Freddie Lindgren being replaced by 7.63 Chris Harris. 

8.64 Jacob Thorssell being replaced by R/R.

10 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

“Handed the title?”  “Would have got smashed if they’d have ridden?”  Have you actually read what you have posted?  

CONJECTURE.  An opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information. 

FACT.  A thing that is known or proved to be true  

Does that help a little?

You will no doubt be disappointed to see another potential title winning team being assembled by Rossiter.

Aside from the excellent signings of Musielak and last season, Jensen, don’t forget Rossiter’s inspirational mid season signings go back to 2006 when he signed The virtually unknown Chrzanowski who turned in some incredible double figure scores whilst the team were struggling, almost getting the team to the play off final. 

I am sure Rossiter has some plans for mid season should things not quite go to plan, and has probably already identified someone who could do similar to all the aforementioned. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Rockstar99 said:

I don't know why all of you are getting triggered.

I spoke the truth and the truth hurts. 

If Wolves won the 2017 Grand Final when Swindon were missing Jason Doyle & Nick Morris then I would say the exact same thing. It's a fact.

9.29 Freddie Lindgren being replaced by 7.63 Chris Harris. 

8.64 Jacob Thorssell being replaced by R/R.

Who cares, tis all conjecture.. 

Swindon 2017 Champions and 2019 Champions too.. :t:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

So the biggest discrepancy is Iversen and your logic would say he should now be 6.97 (from a few rushed end of season fixtures) rather than the 7.54 rolling average over his last twenty matches?  

He’s a GP rider and anyone signing him next year on 7.54 should have a bargain! 6.97 would be plain daft.

I think that proves that rolling averages are pretty good.

Grading is just averages made inaccurate and subjective.

It’s not my logic, they are the facts. Using rolling averages may give the ‘ fairer’ overall average but aren’t accurate at all. We know the rolling averages were brought in to stop the same teams snapping up all the riders on ridiculously low averages. So that’s job done of a sort.

Iversen on a 6.97 to 7.54 is below his ability so don’t see the issue. Both are too low yet both give a current reflection on his 2019 season. Remember, both averages are correct. 

The only fair way in my opinion is to go back to actual averages for that achieved in a full season. But I get why rolling averages are used totally.

Grading (which works perfectly well in Danish league racing) would group certain standards of riders together which would be different to what is happening now. Some would say how is it fair that Doyle, Iversen and Pedersen (as example) are A grade the same as the likes of Masters, Kurtz, Jack Holder, Wright? Yet all of them rode at number one for their teams this season and potentially next season. So of course that’s fair.

There will always be an argument that some riders are put in group wrongly or because the team you support is affected by that grade, no different to the example point of Iversen whether he should be using the current rolling average, his 2019 average or a GP reassessed average. All 3 points have a similar merit.

3 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Grading (which works perfectly well in Danish league racing) would group certain standards of riders together which would be different to what is happening now. Some would say how is it fair that Doyle, Iversen and Pedersen (as example) are A grade the same as the likes of Masters, Kurtz, Jack Holder, Wright? Yet all of them rode at number one for their teams this season and potentially next season. So of course that’s fair.

There will always be an argument that some riders are put in group wrongly or because the team you support is affected by that grade, no different to the example point of Iversen whether he should be using the current rolling average, his 2019 average or a GP reassessed average. All 3 points have a similar merit.

Sure, some teams have stronger number ones than others, but the others have stronger riders elsewhere in their teams due to having more points available to sign them. 

A rolling average over the last twenty matches seems perfectly fair.

7 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Sure, some teams have stronger number ones than others, but the others have stronger riders elsewhere in their teams due to having more points available to sign them. 

A rolling average over the last twenty matches seems perfectly fair.

Strength in depth certainly didn’t work this season as Swindon proved but yes that is a good point in general. Rolling averages are probably the fairest way forward however I still believe grading is the best way forward. 

1 hour ago, Reliant Robin said:

Facts can usually be proven. Fact is, we won the title that year, a year that was turned around when Tobiasz Musielak signed. The proof of that fact is undeniable, whilst what you propose as fact is merely opinion

It is indeed just opinion as it will never be be proven, however the opinion can be backed up with facts

Fact one, prior to the playoff final, Wolves lost just 1 home meeting all season to Poole, (already without Riss who was replaced by Clegg)after Kyle was withdrawn from the meeting after completing just 1 ride, leaving the weak reserve pairing of Clegg and Greaves to take his rides

Fact two, exactly one month prior to the final, Wolves won convincingly at home to Swindon by 14 points, ending Swindons long winning streak

However, as you say, just opinion

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Strength in depth certainly didn’t work this season as Swindon proved but yes that is a good point in general. Rolling averages are probably the fairest way forward however I still believe grading is the best way forward. 

Could you explain how “rolling averages are probably fairest” but “grading is the best way forward”?

From what you’re saying, grading would be less fair so how could it be better?

4 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

It is indeed just opinion as it will never be be proven, however the opinion can be backed up with facts

Fact one, prior to the playoff final, Wolves lost just 1 home meeting all season to Poole, (already without Riss who was replaced by Clegg)after Kyle was withdrawn from the meeting after completing just 1 ride, leaving the weak reserve pairing of Clegg and Greaves to take his rides

Fact two, exactly one month prior to the final, Wolves won convincingly at home to Swindon by 14 points, ending Swindons long winning streak

However, as you say, just opinion

Absolutely, people are free to interpret and form opinions based on fact. It's when some (not you) state their opinion as a factual matter that it causes confusion.

Here's another couple for you. Fact one - prior to the Playoff Final, Swindon lost just 2 home meetings all season. Both before Musielak had been signed (that's where the discussion started in Musielak not being a turning point for the season).

Fact two, just over one month before the final, Swindon won convincingly at home to Wolves by 12 points with Tero Aarnio and Alfie Botwell in the Swindon line up.

Just now, DC2 said:

Could you explain how “rolling averages are probably fairest” but “grading is the best way forward”?

From what you’re saying, grading would be less fair so how could it be better?

I’ve already explained my thought process.

If we are using averages then rolling averages are probably  the fairest. 

Grading would bring no different discrepancies when looking at if riders are graded fairest versus whether some riders have a fair average  for their ability (2019 averages/rolling/old average for riders coming back).

Grading to me is the fairest way forward overall.

24 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

Who is cockstar a latest alias of ? 

Looks like the purple chinos guy to me.

• Like 2